PDA

View Full Version : Just Curious if anyone knows

caryrae
04-10-2007, 05:51 PM
I was just wondering if anyone knows out of the 4 WDW parks how many of the 122 +/- total attractions actually have Disney Characters in them? I am guessing less then half maybe. MK of course as the most.

disneymom2000
04-10-2007, 07:05 PM
I pulled out my maps and counted the attractions versus how many had characters and it is well below half. It appears there may be only a third. I had never thought about it but hardly any of the thrill rides are disney oriented. :confused:

caryrae
04-10-2007, 07:07 PM
I pulled out my maps and counted the attractions versus how many had characters and it is well below half. It appears there may be only a third. I had never thought about it but hardly any of the thrill rides are disney oriented. :confused:

How many of the 1/3 are in the MK alone?

I asked the original question because of how people didn't like the change done to the Mexico ride and I got to thinking how many ride actually contained Disney Characters.

disneymom2000
04-10-2007, 07:20 PM
Well - let's see
The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
Pirates of the Carribean
Splash Mountain
Peter Pan's Flight
Mickey's PhilharMagic
Snow White's Scary Adventure
Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
Stitches Great Escape
Wishes
Enchanted Tiki Room
Country Bear Jamboree
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Minnie & Mickey's Country House
Toontown Hall of Fame Tent
Donald's Boat
Monster's Inc the Laugh Floor
I didn't count the parades or restaurants so out of the third I began with, MK has at least 1/2 of that number leaving the other 1/2 to split between the 3 other parks. Does that sound right?

caryrae
04-10-2007, 07:26 PM
Sounds pretty close 20 or so rides in MK and 20 or so for MGM, AK and Epcot. I bet MGM/DS has most of the other half. So really between AK and Epcot there really isn't much of the characters in them.

Nick Mc
04-10-2007, 08:03 PM
If you are talking acual visual then it is less than that, becuaes you hear just the voices on some of the attractions.

MK Visual - Pirates of the Carribean, Splash Mountain, Peter Pan's Flight, Mickey's PhilharMagic,Snow White's Scary Adventure,
Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, Stitches Great Escape, Enchanted Tiki Room, Country Bear Jamboree, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Toontown Hall of Fame Tent, Donald's Boat, Monster's Inc the Laugh Floor, Dream Along With Mickey - castle show, Spetro Magic , Disney Dreams Come True, Wishes (Tink), Woody's Cowboy Camp.

MK Voice or Name in the Attraction - Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Mickey's house, Minnie's House, Goofy's Barnstormer, Donalds Boat.

EPCOT Visual - Imagination, Spaceship Earth (Snow White), The Living Seas (2).... I did not include Character Connection, i dont really know if that would be concidered an attraction.

EPCOT non visual - i dont think there is any

Studios Visual - Disney Stars in Motor Cars, Great Movie Ride, Fantasmic, One Mans Dream, Little Mermaid, Playhouse Disney, Disney Animation, Indiana Jones, Beauty and the Beast. Also I did not include Al's Toy Barn, or Mickey Ave. where you meet Mickey, Or Streets of America the the PR's and Kim and Ron.

Studios Non-Visual- I dont think there is any with just voice or character name in the name of the attraction.

DAK Visual- It's Tough to be a Bug, Fetival of the Lion King, Poca and her forest friends, Mickey's Jammin Jungle, Nemo Musical. I did not include Camp Minnie Mickey, or Boat Dock, which are character meet and greets. Also Everest if you want to count the Yeti as a "Disney Character"

DAK non visual - Rafiki's Planet watch, although there is character meet and greets there as well.

Thats is all i came up with. I included Parades and shows because i saw on the one above that she included Wishes, so I just thought if you include that you should include the parades as well!

battle beast
04-10-2007, 09:08 PM
Never thought about it before, but it is an interesting thought...

brad192
04-11-2007, 01:15 PM
Strictly speaking, Peter Pan and Winnie the Pooh aren't Disney characters. Yes, Disney owns the rights to them, but Peter was created by Scottish author Sir James Matthew Barrie, and Pooh was created by British author Alan Alexander Milne.

Sorry, a little off topic & didn't want to be a wet blanket...:blush:

MomofKatie
04-11-2007, 01:39 PM
Well, since there was a Haunted Mansion movie a few years ago that featured the singing busts and hitchhiking ghosts, the Haunted MAnsion should be added.

Tower of Terror, too, in a way- the movie did feature the origional elevator passengers that appear in the attraction (also, the little girl is holding a Mickey Mouse plush in the ride).

Weird to think- the only reason PotC, HM, and ToT have Disney characters in them is because Disney made movies based on the attractions!