PDA

View Full Version : Akershus Princess Storybook Dinner Question

Goes4FastPass
04-10-2007, 05:25 PM
We've booked the Princess Storybook Dinner at the Akershus Royal Banquet Hall for our upcoming trip. I've noticed some girls, I think very young girls, going into the restaurant in costume. Also, if memory serves, I think one of the stores near Akershus had Disney Princess Costumes for sale. And I guess some girls go to Akershus after visiting the BBB.

My question is, how many girls wear costumes to the Princess Stroybook Dinner?

If most don't we'll skip it but Lord knows, my gal likes to wear costumes.

Thanks for the replies. Planning is 6.4% of the fun.

belleandcinderellasmom
04-10-2007, 05:39 PM
We ate breakfast here 9/2005 with DDs 10 and 7. We opted for no costumes just for the simple reason I did not want to waste our time changing clothes/going back to the hotel or packing the costumes for the rest of the day. There were some children in costumes, but we love our pictures of our girls with the princesses just the way they are!

GreenBeetle
04-10-2007, 06:03 PM
Quite a few little girls go all out for the Princess Breakfasts, but definitely not the majority. Your little one will be fine without a costume. Of course, you could just get her a t-shirt with the princesses on it - and perhaps they could autopgraph it for her. :mickey:

kakn7294
04-10-2007, 08:33 PM
I would venture to say it's about 50-50. My DD's did not wear costumes to this breakfast but they did wear them to breakfast in the castle (the youngest informed me that if you are dining in a castle you must dress like a Princess). It's definately okay either way. If your DD loves wearing costumes, I say go for it! BTW, I thought I read somewhere else that the store that a previous poster mentioned was no longer going to carry the Princess merchandise. They still had it in December but it's probably best to bring your stuff with you than depend on the shop having what you want. The selection was pretty small.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-10-2007, 09:56 PM
There were a lot of girls dressed in their dresses when we were there in September. My daughter included. :cloud9:
The first year we took her she was not wearing hers and we felt a little bummed that she was not wearing one. She loved wearing her Aurora dress and especially loved getting her pic with her. It is adorable.
We just fold the dress up and bring her shoes, they do not take up much room. I change her in the restroom right outside the restaurant.
There is a store right across from the entrance of Akershus that sells dresses. I think they had 3 or 4 to choose from.

Have fun!!

Olga
04-11-2007, 04:42 AM
We've been there in October with DD4 and no costume. I think that less than 50% of children were in costumes. The characters were awesome - the food was very average.