PDA

View Full Version : How late are the Extra Magic Hours at AK?

Santuitman
04-10-2007, 04:38 PM
Hello
We're hoping to go to AK in September and take advantage of the extra magic hours but I can't seem to see how late they'll be open till. Everything I've found so far says "Disney Theme Parks opens an hour early or stays open up to three hours after regular Park closing" Is it really open for three extra hours? We've never been ther in the dark so It should be pretty cool.

Thanks

Brian

wendy*darling
04-10-2007, 04:45 PM
Late EMH closing time depends on when the regular closing time is. It can be up to 3 hours later.
We have been at AK in the dark and it is really cool. No safari, but many other attractions are open. Expedition:Everest is supposed to be very exciting in the dark!

Santuitman
04-10-2007, 04:54 PM
Well its Sept 19th and according to WDW site the closing time is 5pm. Does that mean it will be 8pm?

Thanks in advance!!

wendy*darling
04-10-2007, 05:14 PM
"Up to 3 hours" later would indeed mean they might be open as late as 8pm.

Many factors dictate when the actual closing will be, including, but not limited to- weather, park attendance, private functions, etc.
Check at the gate on that day for the current closing time.

Santuitman
04-11-2007, 09:02 AM
Thanks Wendy... er ah Linda!!

Brian

alicia524luvstw
04-12-2007, 05:28 AM
The last time we did AK during EMH they stayed open until 9:00pm ( closed @ 6:00). We rode Kali River 6 times in a row. Finally I told my son we had to get off because I was soaked to the bone! Also had no problem getting on EE.

Dopey's Girl
04-12-2007, 11:29 AM
I tried EMH at AK in December and it was a lot of fun! Get there as soon as you can though...the lines for wristbands was longer than any attraction line!

RPHX2NC
04-13-2007, 10:42 AM
We are skipping late EMH at AK this trip. Last trip September 05 was too much walking and not enough rides open. (Pre Everest) Rode Kahli several times and ITTBAB. We decided to do early EMH at AK and hit DTD instead. Just our thoughts. I would rather leave AK at closing and go to AKL for a wonderdul dinner and poke around the resort it is breathtaking!

DNS
04-13-2007, 11:45 AM
AK feels like a different world after dark. It's fabulous!