PDA

View Full Version : Who's a Disney Visa Card holder?

Mickey's Pal
04-10-2007, 04:24 PM
I'm excited that I just became a Disney Visa Card holder- and just got my card with info in the mail yesterday. I noticed that the enclosed info read that I can get discounts on things like stroller rentals at DL, as well discounts on merchandise at DL & WDW, etc.

Are you a Disney Visa card holder? Can you tell me what perks you've used and how you like it? :mickey:

PS. I'm sticking this under Mousecellaneous... I hope this is where it goes. :blush:

mmouse566
04-10-2007, 06:36 PM
I've been a cardmember for years and love it. I put everything on it and the reward dollars build up so fast. Keep up with the chase website too because that is where they post the discounts. Also, anytime you call Disney for anything always mention you are a Disney Visa holder. Sometimes there are deals going on you don't know about.

dizneyfreek
04-10-2007, 06:59 PM
Well...Lets just say i bought 3, 6 day hopper passes and it didn't cost me a penny! ( i didn't even pay a panny of finance charges either!)

NewmanFamily6
04-10-2007, 07:54 PM
We are Disney Visa holders. We have the one with the pixie dust:mickey:

disneynarula
04-11-2007, 07:46 AM
We got one when we bought our house and started making major purchases. That was in Jan 2003 and have been racking up points for the four years since then. We have close to 1,200 points saved. We are going in Sept with the free dining. 75% of our trip will be paid for with the points.

We put everything on it and just pay it off at the end of the month.

DVC2004
04-11-2007, 07:57 AM
We have the cards, too. We've used the 0% trip financing and the rewards points.

BMan62
04-11-2007, 08:27 AM
I have the card, but I'm not too sure that I'm too happy about having to find out about things like the Free Dining Plan offer on here rather than from them.

This is the last day to get in before the offer is opened up to the general public and I have yet to see anything on their site, in my e-mail, or on my account page that would let me know that ANYTHING is going on.

That said, the 0% - 6 month financing for Disney trips, Rewards points, and discounts at DTD stores is worth having the card!

LibertyTreeGal
04-11-2007, 09:32 AM
I am, but I way prefer the WDW perks. The character meet and greet at DCA was too inconvenient and we never ended up getting to it (very limited hours). Epcot's woks out better for me.

We like putting out trip on it and not having to pay it off for 6 months.

And last year we saved like $500 on our trip :)

Mousehead35
04-11-2007, 09:35 AM
I've been a card holder since day one! I use my points for shopping while i'm in the world. We get the dining plan, so I feel like I don't really have to bring much cash with me.. everything is covered.:D

c&d
04-11-2007, 09:53 AM
Been a cardholder since the day they offered it. We've used it to purchase our annual passes (3) one time. We did a lot of renovations on our house and purchased everything we could with the credit card just to get the dollars.:D

I usually use the reward dollars for spending money while we're down. That way it seems like it's all for "free."

We'll probably use it this time for our dinner at Artist Point.

Wolf
04-11-2007, 11:06 AM
We've been thinking about getting one, how does it help you get discounts and stuff? is it really worth it?

rsumrall
04-11-2007, 11:15 AM
We've been thinking about getting one, how does it help you get discounts and stuff? is it really worth it?

You betcha it's worth it! We do all of our purchases on the card and just pay it off at the end of the month. I bank with Chase so online I just transfer the money over. In essence, we use it like a check card. We earn about $40 a month. You do the math. In one year, that is $480 that cost you nothing!

kaylamag
04-11-2007, 12:07 PM
I got my card in Feb., I had a promo code so I got a $50 gift card for signing up! Since then I've used it to pay for everything!!! We are going to Disney World in January. I'm hoping to use my reward dollars as spending money.

Wolf
04-11-2007, 12:32 PM
What if you dont use the card very often, mostly like just for booking our trip? Would it be worth it to switch?

castlelady36
04-11-2007, 12:57 PM
I have it as well for one year now and I used my points in January that I had accumulated all year. We did the Epcot meet and greet both visits. I am not sure how the points work exackly when not using the card for Disney as I have been getting points for other purchases. Can anyone shed some light on this? Otherwise I love the card...just be careful once the 0% runs out!! ;)

BMan62
04-11-2007, 01:48 PM
What if you dont use the card very often, mostly like just for booking our trip? Would it be worth it to switch?

Well, that all depends upon you. If you are going to pay the trip down within the 6 month 0% Interest period, then yes, it is worth it. Also, those Disney trips get rewards points as well!!!

angedeaile
04-11-2007, 01:57 PM
I have the card, but I'm not too sure that I'm too happy about having to find out about things like the Free Dining Plan offer on here rather than from them.

I agree. I just switched a few weeks ago and I know that part really bugs me.

Another thing that bothers me is that their customer service operators know NOTHING about their cards.

I had a few questions to ask them about their 6 months 0%APR on DW packages when I first got the card and spoke to three different people who all didn't have a clue!

I think the little perks like meet and greets and first dibs on discounts like free DDP makes it worth it.

Infact, those were what sold me on the card, since the Disney Rewards system kind of lacks when compared to my Citi Cards 3% cash back program and the 6month 0% APR isn't worth it unless you book a vacation last minute.

Roo Girl
04-11-2007, 02:09 PM
We're Disney Visa cardholders and it is a great perk. At the time we joined, we got $75 off our DVC dues that year (every little bit counts!) and we really enjoy the 10% discount at World of Disney in WDW. We use that every time! Also, I just redeemed my Disney Visa rewards for our upcoming trip and we have $100 to spend however we want. Can't beat that!! I very much enjoy using my Disney Visa- at the very least, it is a nice reminder of Disney & Mickey when I'm shopping during regular non-WDW life.

crazeedizneefinatic
04-11-2007, 02:15 PM
I am also a card holder. I think the perks are nice. Last year we got a special meet and greet with a photo just for being a cardholder. You can do that in Epcot but need to make a reservation. Something that disturbed me a bit too was the fact they did not send an email or anything about the free dining plan. I read it here also. When I called them they did comfirm but still a bit disturbing. That is a MAJOR perk! It's nice to get the reward dollars to. It's some spare pocket change for souveniers. We have not been members long enough to think about saving them up for a free trip or anything.

CleveSJM
04-11-2007, 03:37 PM
I've been a card holder since day one. Love the 0% interest for 6 months on vacation packages. We use the card for most everything and pay it off. Points add up quickly.

Check your email settings and spam filters. I did get an email for the free dining package. It came about 5:00pm Monday but it did come.

If you are a Disney fan and plan on visiting a park, it is a good deal. Just watch out if you get the Ariel cards. The first time my wife used it the checkout person laughed and gave it back. My wife handed it back to her and the lady asked if it was real. She thought it was a toy card.

LoriMistress
04-11-2007, 09:43 PM
I've been a card member for about a year. I did'nt take advantage with my card, like I should have for DLR...but this year, I want to take advantage of it at least!!!

pogo
04-11-2007, 10:52 PM
I'm a Charter Member Card Holder ! :mickey:

I use it like most other people, every month paid in full. Build up points and use them at WDW. I have enough to pay for our meals next week while we are at POFQ.:cloud9:

I liked it better when First USA had it. After Chase bought them out it has kind of taken a step backwards. But I still use it. :D

DisneyDudet
04-12-2007, 12:41 AM
I've tried to get one, but I don't have enough credit, I guess. I'm only 23! :confused:

PrincessCandaceMarie
04-13-2007, 12:41 PM
I have it too and love it! And being able to change the card when the new characters are available is so cool too...and with the dining, the discounts and such it's great!

princessjojo
04-14-2007, 08:26 AM
I have one and I love it. I use it for everything and would use it to make our housepayment each month, but that comes from Chase as well so I can't us it for that expense. We pay the bill each month. I have a hard time though, because DH has an airline's card and when it gets close to travel time, that one would come in handy as well. I haven't used my points yet, but am looking forward to next year when we return. After all, I have a lot of birthdays and Christmas to shop for this year :shop:, not to mention graduation gifts, tuition payments, etc...Yuck too much money to spend :spend:; Yeah, a lot of points to earn...:cart:

Tink#64
04-14-2007, 12:03 PM
We got our card last year so other than the meet & greet at Epcot we've not yet taken advantage of the perks. When we did the meet & greet - we didn't need a reservation & the CM's & characters were great! They took lots of pics with their cameras & ours! No rushing at all!

I just signed up for double reward points! We put all monthly expenses such as groceries, gas, Walmart trips, etc. on our card, pay it off every month & watch the reward points add up!

Hoping to have enough points next year to at least cover the cost of the resort! That will be awesome!:mickey:

Jeri Lynn
04-14-2007, 12:10 PM
I have been a cardholder from Day 1 also, my card has the castle on it...I wanted to get it changed to Tinkerbell but I know my DH would have a coniption if he had to walk around with a Tinkerbell Visa Card in his wallet...he complains about the Castle enough!...He wants a Cabela's card but I insist he keep this one so I get all the reward dollars!!!

princessjojo
04-14-2007, 12:46 PM
II wanted to get it changed to Tinkerbell but I know my DH would have a coniption if he had to walk around with a Tinkerbell Visa Card in his wallet...he complains about the Castle enough!...He wants a Cabela's card but I insist he keep this one so I get all the reward dollars!!!

I feel your pain. The only other card my husband has other than the airline's card is the Cabela's card. That's where the mortgage is paid from. I don't think he paid cash for anything there in the last year.

disneynarula
04-22-2007, 03:26 PM

!

I have to agree with this. They are not very good about informing their customers about the good specials.