PDA

View Full Version : My Best Friend

Disney Baby
04-10-2007, 03:36 PM
On Good Friday, my best friend, DisneyJ, 37 years old passed away. After battling lung cancer for 18 months, she went peacefully. She was one of non-smokers that was attacked by this disease. I wanted to post because Intercot was her favorite site and Disney World was her favorite place. She adored everything Disney and everything Walt. I had the pleasure of going to Disney World with her four times. Our last trip together was in October of 2004. It was a “Girls Only” Trip to celebrate our birthdays and our long time friendship. Her last trip to Disney was in October of 2005. She spent quite a bit of time in the room because she did not feel well. It was because of this trip that she discovered that she had lung cancer. During her service yesterday, they had a power point presentation that had a ton of Disney World pictures in it – many in which she was holding my oldest daughter. If you get a chance, please do a search on Intercot for DisneyJ and read some of her trip reports and share her love for Disney World!! In October of 2007, her other best friend, husband, and our families will go to Disney World to celebrate her birthday and her memory!

Jeri Lynn
04-10-2007, 03:56 PM
Disney Baby,
I am truly sorry to hear about your best friend, DisneyJ's passing. Lung cancer is a horrible disease. I am glad that you were able to share your love for Disney with your girls trip.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and her family at this time.:(

January-2007
04-10-2007, 04:02 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers will be with you and your family, friends, all who knew her. I am grateful that you have such fond memories to cherish.

merlinmagic4
04-10-2007, 04:04 PM
I am so sorry. It sounds like you will miss her immensely. :pixie: for you and her family.

Dsnygirl
04-10-2007, 04:08 PM
I am so sorry to hear that your best friend passed away - what a heartbreaking thing to go through, esp. for someone so young. I am glad you got to share Disney with her - you proabably have some great memories to hold close to your heart. Sending a :hug: and some :pixie: your way....

SBETigg
04-10-2007, 04:11 PM
What a lovely tribute to your friend! I'm so sorry for your loss.

ChipnDaleGal
04-10-2007, 04:52 PM
Such sad news, and there never seem to be words that are good enough to say to someone when they lose a loved one. But I do want to tell you that I think your post was just lovely and I am sure she would have loved to have such a fitting tribute to her on her favorite Disney site. I hope it made you feel a little better to share that with us. Lots of :pixie: for all her friends and family as you all work your way through this awful loss. :hug:

murphy1
04-10-2007, 05:28 PM
I'm so sorry. I hate cancer so much, it is just an awful disease. I truly hope that you all can enjoy your trip, as hard as it will be, in her memory and know that she is up there with Walt.

DVC2004
04-10-2007, 05:42 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss, and the loss of one of our fellow intercotees at that!:( I hate cancer, too, having lost my dad to lung cancer when I was 4. It sounds like a nice service and I am glad you are taking a trip in her honor. I am sure that's what she would have wanted. Thanks for posting this news.:(

TiggerRPh
04-10-2007, 05:42 PM
I'm sorry to hear the loss of your friend. Hopefully you'll have your memories of your Disney trips and all the good times you shared to keep her in your memory.

mrsgaribaldi
04-10-2007, 05:45 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. She sounds like a very special person, someone you were lucky to know. :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: for her family and friends.

Jasper
04-10-2007, 05:58 PM
You have my sympathy on your loss. Your friend certainly sounds like she was lucky to have you as a friend. I think it is great that you will get to share a memorial trip with her family

hoop de do
04-10-2007, 07:26 PM
My sympathy and condolences to you and DisneyJ's family. Our lives are enriched by our friends. Thank you for sharing with us your painful story. Please keep in contact with your friends here on INTERCOT. :grouphug:

SodaPopMGK
04-10-2007, 07:37 PM
I am sorry for your loss.

Melanie
04-10-2007, 07:40 PM
What a beautiful tribute to your friend. :pixie: for you all at this difficult time.

conorsmom2000
04-10-2007, 08:07 PM
Thank you for sharing this with us - your tribute to your friend was beautiful. I am so very sorry for your loss. Much :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: for her friends and family during this sad time. :(

RedSoxFan
04-10-2007, 08:16 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. She sounds like a great friend. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time.

d_m_n_n
04-10-2007, 08:28 PM
I had to reply to you to express my deepest sympathy to everyone who loved and cared for DisneyJ. I, too, lost a friend in her mid-thirties to lung cancer. It is a terrible disease, but through all the pain, we have to remember the good times we shared with our friends.

I read through her trip reports and have to say it was so sad to read about her last trip. Did she ever make it to Disney Land? If not, I'm sure she's there right now with the ultimate tour guide (Walt himself).

Again, my deepest sympathy to all.

marlyn
04-11-2007, 11:51 AM
My deepest sympathy to you and all of DisneyJ's family and friends. So sad to lose someone so young :( My heart goes out to you.

I am going to read DisneyJ's trip reports.

Cinderelley
04-11-2007, 12:05 PM
I am very sorry about your best friend's passing. I hope all of you will remember the good times with her during your trip later this year.

amd780
04-11-2007, 03:54 PM
Disney Baby, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. My heart goes out to you and DisneyJ's family. Sending some :pixie: to help you through this difficult time. :grouphug:

Bethanymouse
04-11-2007, 08:50 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your friend and fellow intercotee. My thoughts and prayers are with you and her family at this time. I am glad that you were able to share so many magical memories together.

Christine
04-11-2007, 09:20 PM
I am so sorry to hear this news!
I wish all of DisneyJ's friends and family peace and comfort! :pixie:
I am sure that this year's tribute trip will be so special, yet bittersweet.

God Bless!

crazypoohbear
04-11-2007, 09:36 PM
I am very sorry for the loss of your best friend.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and her family.
Cancer is such a terribly indiscriminate disease.
Every year I participate in the relay for life with the hopes that soon we will find a cure for cancer.
I pray that all of you have a wonderful trip in October reminiscing and celebrating your friends life.
God Bless

ElenitaB
04-11-2007, 09:45 PM
I am so sorry for the loss that you have all experienced. I pray for peace for you all during this sad period and that you find consolation in the things that you loved together.

God bless!

SpecJoe Magic
04-12-2007, 01:48 AM
My sympathy goes out to all of those involved with her. I hope that everyone going on the WDW trip in her memory has a great time. I'm sure that she would want it that way.

offwego
04-12-2007, 09:34 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. I'll be saying a prayer for you and for DisneyJ and her family.

faline
04-12-2007, 09:43 AM
I'm so sorry.

PrincessCandaceMarie
04-13-2007, 01:02 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss...

Disney Baby
04-13-2007, 07:55 PM
Thank you to all of you that posted the heart warming e-mails. I had forgotten that the people on intercot were not only a great source of information for Disney - but also a great supportive and loving community!!!! I am in the process of planning out October trip. I can't believe we can make ADRs in two weeks! I will be on intercot a lot :)

Thanks again - it really helps :mickey: