PDA

View Full Version : Little ones extra magic hours [Merged Threads]

julm26
04-10-2007, 02:33 PM
Does anyone know when little ones extra magic hours will be in September? My DH and I are taking our DD(2) to the World from September 22 - 29. Thanks for all your help!!:)

Figment!
04-10-2007, 03:05 PM
From Extra Magic Hours Program (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/park/extramagic.asp)
Little Ones Magic Hour

September 2, 5, 7, 9, 12, 14, 16, 19, 21, 23, 26, 28, 30

Happy Planning :balloon:

julm26
04-10-2007, 07:16 PM
Thanks so much!!! WE will have 3 little ones magic hours!! We will be loving those days!!!
Thanks again!!:party:

KAJUNKING
04-11-2007, 12:44 PM
i was looking at the sept emh schedule and saw this and never heard of it, and it looks like it starts in sept, can anyone give me more info?

JPL
04-11-2007, 01:14 PM
This is part of the Little Ones Travel Time Promotion they open attractions in Fantasyland for the toddler set :thumbsup:

The open attractions are
Cinderella's Golden Carrousel, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, It's a small world, Mad Tea Party, Winnie the Pooh, PhilharMagic, Peter Pan, Pooh's Playful Spot, & Snow White's Scary Adventures.

magicman
04-11-2007, 01:39 PM
If you love Fantasyland & character interaction, you'll love the Little Ones Extra Magic Hour. We particpated in Little Ones Magic Hour this last Sep AND IT WAS ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL.

I have a 7, 10, & 11 year old & the older ones even loved it. Characters played hide-and-seek & got into mischief. The rides had no lines (we watched Philharmagic with 10 people in the theatre). Fantasyland was fresh, clean, & totally uncrowded. This was probably the most magical hour I've ever had at the World.

You do have to be an on-site guest, but there is no age maximum to be allowed to participate.

I highly recommend to anyone who has the opportunity (no matter what the ages), utilize the Little Ones Extra Magic Hour, it is INCREDIBLE.

KAJUNKING
04-11-2007, 01:43 PM
is it the hour after closing? or before opening?

magicman
04-11-2007, 01:48 PM
It was before normal park opening.

By the way if you've got young kids who'd like to try to "Wake Up Tink", the morning that we went to Little Ones Extra Magic Hours we were the first people to go into Tinkerbell's Treasures in Fantasyland & were able to wake her up (which was just one more bonus).

Figment!
04-11-2007, 01:48 PM
is it the hour after closing? or before opening?1 Hour Before Magic Kingdom Opening.

KAJUNKING
04-11-2007, 01:51 PM
thanks for the info you guys are :number1:

ariel03
04-11-2007, 03:05 PM
Where are the dates for this in septmeber? I have looked here on intercot and the disney site and can't seem to find them.:confused:

disneynarula
04-11-2007, 03:11 PM
Look in the info central section! It is all there. The dates are;
Sept 2,5,7,9,12,14,16,19,21,23,26,28,30

ariel03
04-11-2007, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the dates! :thumbsup:
I still can't find where you found them. I looked under EMH and also looked for a link for littleones extra magic hour on the list and couldn't find it.:(

KAJUNKING
04-11-2007, 03:51 PM
Thanks for the dates! :thumbsup:
I still can't find where you found them. I looked under EMH and also looked for a link for littleones extra magic hour on the list and couldn't find it.:(

under emh go down to sept and its under magic kingdom, same place as tthe rest of the emh are listed :mickey:

ariel03
04-11-2007, 04:20 PM
I must have been having a moment cause I don't know how I missed that. :haha: :shake:
Thanks!:mickey:

Goes4FastPass
04-11-2007, 05:31 PM
1 hour before the rest of the park opens.

TWO big benefits:

1. Ride child attractions that normally have long waits with little or no wait.

2. Quality interaction with characters. My niece rode Dumbo with Stitch and the Carrousel with Goofy. She played Ring Around the Rosie with Snow White.

LOEMH trick: Skip breakfast - do breakfast bars, yogurt or something like that while getting dressed. Go directly from LOEMH to Haunted Mansion (if not closed for refurb) then Splash Mountain and BTMRR. THEN have an early lunch. You'll be amazed how different the crowds will be when you finish lunch- and you will have experienced many attractions already...

KAJUNKING
04-11-2007, 05:47 PM
1 hour before the rest of the park opens.

TWO big benefits:

1. Ride child attractions that normally have long waits with little or no wait.

2. Quality interaction with characters. My niece rode Dumbo with Stitch and the Carrousel with Goofy. She played Ring Around the Rosie with Snow White.

LOEMH trick: Skip breakfast - do breakfast bars, yogurt or something like that while getting dressed. Go directly from LOEMH to Haunted Mansion (if not closed for refurb) then Splash Mountain and BTMRR. THEN have an early lunch. You'll be amazed how different the crowds will be when you finish lunch- and you will have experienced many attractions already...

that sounds like a pretty good plan :thumbsup:

MauiMouse
04-11-2007, 07:11 PM
I went last year with a friend to the Little Ones Extra Magic hour, granted we didn't have a little one with us, but it was so darn cute watching the little ones play. They had Stitch riding Dumbo, Peter Pan was off to one side with a bunch of little ones in a circle talking. Chip & Dale were on the Carousel. When we went there was hardly anyone around.

I'd definitely go back again to this "special hour" even without a little one.

DisneyDudet
04-11-2007, 10:49 PM
Haha, we'll be going to one, w/o kids. We can get some Fantasyland rides done and still get to sit and watch the kids that do come!

Hopefully taking pictures of some cute moments would be ok? :confused:

Marker
04-12-2007, 11:40 AM
I think this is a really cool idea, but I have a question.

In order to keep this as a special event for "Little Ones", are you required to have a "Little One" with you to enter the park?

If not, is it "wrong" to take advantage of it without a little one?

The reason I ask is during our currently scheduled trip in September (21-25) there is not morning EMH schedule for the Magic Kingdom. I LOVE morning EMH at the Magic Kingdom. However, for the life of me I don't want to take up a space in line that should be for "little one" during that time.

Jeff G
04-12-2007, 12:10 PM
This may not be an all to popular post but...

If this event is meant to catter to little ones why would someone without kids show up and take advantage? Kids have very short attention spans and the idea to open up Fantasyland specially for them is a great idea. Shorter lines and character interaction sounds like it would make for a really special moment for little ones.

Since all they open is Fantasyland if everyone staying on site shows up (without little ones) this would jam this area very fast and since many of the rides are very slow loading it won't take much to have long lines and ruin the whole benefit.

I know we all pay and Disney would never tell you you can't enter if you don't have a little one but then why call it "Little Ones Extra Magic Hour".

Disdad13
04-12-2007, 03:37 PM
If this event is meant to catter to little ones why would someone without kids show up and take advantage? Kids have very short attention spans and the idea to open up Fantasyland specially for them is a great idea. Shorter lines and character interaction sounds like it would make for a really special moment for little ones.

Since all they open is Fantasyland if everyone staying on site shows up (without little ones) this would jam this area very fast and since many of the rides are very slow loading it won't take much to have long lines and ruin the whole benefit.

I know we all pay and Disney would never tell you you can't enter if you don't have a little one but then why call it "Little Ones Extra Magic Hour".[/QUOTE]

That was going to be my question. Why have a special EMH for kids if people w/o children show up? We will be there in Sept. with our DS5 and would love for him to be able to get a little extra attention. But if there are lots of people there w/o little ones, I'm not sure how "worth it" it would be.

Goes4FastPass
04-12-2007, 03:45 PM
I don't think this is a problem that needs a solution. When we were there it seemed like there was a very limited number of people willing to put themselves in Fantasyland at 8am to visit attractions like Dumbo - which suited us fine.

How would you police this? Mom left her sunglasses back at the room so Dad goes to get them but when he returns he doesn't have a little one with him. How many adults would be allowed to accompany a child? Mom and Dad and grandparents...? Teenage siblings...?

Of the 10s of thousands of people staying on property on any given LOEMH day, most have no interest in getting up early or forgoing their scrambled eggs because Fantasy Land (only) is open at 8am.

DisneyDudet
04-12-2007, 04:12 PM
We don't have kids. There's only three of us. We won't be taking up the Characters' time, we just want to ride a few rides. I'm not really sure they can "discriminate" against people without children. We'll only ride Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, Snow White, and Mickey's Philharmagic. Thats it. If there's a long line, we'll skip. We aren't trying to keep others from going on the rides. While we're there, its the only am EMH, which makes it hard to do all we want to do in 5 days. I think the point of it is just the fantasyland rides, plus a lot of character interaction, catered to little ones.

Most people will see it, and think they have to have a little one to go. So I doubt it will be inundated with people, especially in Sept or Oct, when crowds are lighter anyway. AM EMH in the summer is usually pretty thin, because people would rather stay up late than get up early.

Marker
04-12-2007, 05:27 PM
When I have gone to EMH at MK in the past, I typically head straight for Fantasyland, and typically there is almost no one back there.

I didn't know if the Little One's EMH was specifically and EMH for Little Ones, OR an EMH limited to Fantasyland with extras (such as the characters) designed specifically to accomodate Little Ones, but not specifically for Little Ones.

Frankly, I think it's a great idea. Although I'm not sure exactly how they would define a "little one", there's really no set age (is there?).

There's no way I would want to infringe on an even designed spefically for only the little ones. In fact, even without a little one of my own (although I can't wait for the new grandson to come with me), I would enjoy just being there to be part of it. To want the kids enjoying themselves, maybe hit some shops, an just hang out. But, if as in other (regular) EMH times, the line at most of the rides simply did not exist, I wouldn't mind stepping on. I love those rides. On the surface I'm not so little, and not so young, but inside is a different story.

This topic surely was not meant to incite insinuations and judgements, merely to gather information.

mrs.jacksparrow
04-12-2007, 09:51 PM
I think this is a really cool idea, but I have a question.

In order to keep this as a special event for "Little Ones", are you required to have a "Little One" with you to enter the park?

If not, is it "wrong" to take advantage of it without a little one?

The reason I ask is during our currently scheduled trip in September (21-25) there is not morning EMH schedule for the Magic Kingdom. I LOVE morning EMH at the Magic Kingdom. However, for the life of me I don't want to take up a space in line that should be for "little one" during that time.

Wow thank you for this post. I have a little one and was reading the thread and thinking what's the point if big people go without a child.
Hopefully the sentiment will spread Ithink Walt would agree :mickey:

Santuitman
04-13-2007, 09:43 AM
I'll be there with my little ones in Sept. and hope it's not too crowded. It is a time for the toddlers. They have an early opening the next day in MK so hopefully some of the "bigger" kids will be there instead.

RPHX2NC
04-13-2007, 10:12 AM
We will be enjoying early MK EMH and several days later LOEMH! My 3,5,and 7 year olds will be thrilled. I wonder if we should change our strategy. We usually do FL first for MK EMH. What a wonderdul dilemma! LOEMH and late MK EMH is going to be a very looong day! Maybe a good day for a nap.

Veectoor
04-14-2007, 04:46 PM
I'm not really sure they can "discriminate" against people without children.

No, I don't think Disneyt would, as you put it, discriminate against people without children. But just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should.

The time is set aside by Disney specifically for the little ones. I think everyone should respect that.

DisneyDudet
04-14-2007, 05:46 PM
I do respect that. If there is no line at a ride, I do not see why I can't ride a few rides.

If there is a lot of little ones around and its crowded, I have no problem stepping aside. Just because we don't have little ones doesn't mean I shouldn't be allowed to attend or to be treated as a horrible person for going. There is only 3 of us and we love children, we just don't have any.

When I found out what the characters do during this, it made me ever more excited. I can't imagine how it must feel for a parent when they see their children smiling b/c of a character, but this give me a chance to see that happen with others.

Don't automatically think that b/c we're going that we will be mean spirited.

Goes4FastPass
04-16-2007, 09:51 AM
I don't think allowing or disallowing any resort guest from being present during LOEMH is really a problem. I have the impression most people would rather sleep or eat breakfast.

What I have heard (and as I type that it seems like I'm about to repeat a rumor) is that there have been times bigger little ones, the "tweenagers" stepped in front actual little ones. Wasn't there a thread a year ago about the tall kids who raced to "Wake up Tinkerbell" ( http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/hiddentreasures.asp#MK (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/hiddentreasures.asp#MK) ) and got there before the little ones?

If I were in charge (ha!) I'd welcome all resort guests to Fantasy Land during LOEMH but I would magically cause anyone who isn't a little one to simply enjoy watching the children interacting with the characters and not interrupt it.

Like at Christmas time, my wife and I enjoy seeing the kids with Santa but we don't clog the line by queing up to sit in his lap.

And if this hasn't been said recently, LOEMH is not a "meet and greet", in fact, attending a LOEMH reminded me how mechanical the whole queue up then picture - autograph - picture "Bye now. Next." meet and greet rountine can be. LOEMH is supposed to allow little ones to interact with the characters without autographs and posing. Of course we photographed out little one playing with the characters - but we kept our distance and never interrupted to say, "Look this way and say cheese!"