PDA

View Full Version : How to dine with an Imagineer???

Mickey's Pal
04-10-2007, 01:58 PM
Can someone point me to the place where I can find more info on arranging a meal with a cast member/imagineer? Also, I was under the impression that you can dine only at The Brown Derby... Is this true or are there other locations? Can I use my Dining Plan towards this meal?

Thanks so much!!! :mickey:

Strmchsr
04-10-2007, 02:17 PM
No, you can't use DDP for this as it's considerably more expensive than a standard meal. Anyway, click here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/animator.asp) for the lowdown on the meal in Info Central. It is only held at the Brown Derby. No other options. I think there used to be another option at Artist Point or something, but I can't find any info on that so it may have been discontinued.

Mickey's Pal
04-10-2007, 04:09 PM
Thank you for the info. It looks great! Do you know if we pay for the imagineer's food... Or is the cost just for me and my husband (separately)?

Thanks again!!!

Crow
04-10-2007, 08:15 PM
i think this would b great to do. too bad i cant on the dining plan

Strmchsr
04-10-2007, 08:32 PM
Thank you for the info. It looks great! Do you know if we pay for the imagineer's food... Or is the cost just for me and my husband (separately)?

Thanks again!!!

The cost is just per person. You don't have to pay for the Imagineer's food. Sometimes it may be just you and DH, sometimes you may have a couple of other folks with you, but they always keep the groups small and you have LOTS of individual attention and opportunity to discuss. Plus you come away with a couple of neat goodies (I won't say what since it varies).

Strmchsr
04-10-2007, 08:33 PM
i think this would b great to do. too bad i cant on the dining plan

What I do on the day I do this is use my DDP for a character breakfast or something similar and then pay for the Imagineer meal OOP. That way you still get to use your TS and CS on the DDP for the day. You just have 3 really good meals that day.

Crow
04-10-2007, 09:57 PM
dont think i could do 3 meals in a day like that. too much 4 me
but i may look into the meal on a day when im not using the plan

Mufasa
04-10-2007, 10:51 PM
Arranging to dine with an Imagineer is a pretty simple process- just get to know our likes and dislikes, and maybe the day of compliment us on our hair, or outfit... oh wait, you mean the programs at WDW? Oh that's a simple process too :)

Seriously, I should point out a few things that are out of date with Intercot's info central information- first, the Brown Derby program is offered as a lunch on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays at 11:30 am.

The lunch itself is held in the private Bamboo room at the Brown Derby and you'll have a 4 course meal- usually an appetizer, a small Brown Derby Cobb salad, choice of an entree from a few selections (usually meat, chicken and fish options or something similar) and a dessert. The chef will come out and check on any allergies or preferences and there's always flexibility to adjust things to your liking.

You don't have to pay separately for the Imagineer's lunch (that's "included" in the price of the meal) and you'll receive a few souvenirs which can be personalized by the Imagineer at the conclusion of the meal.

I believe you can book the program 60 days in advance (let the dining reservations people know that you are looking to book the lunch with an Imagineer at the Brown Derby- sometimes they might not be familiar with the program so be specific) and have a choice of dates available just in case and the lunches can fill up or may not be offered on particular days and there's a 48 hour cancellation policy in effect.

Beginning this year, an option is offered on alternating Thursday evenings (5:30pm) for Dinner with an Imagineer at Artist Point in the Wilderness Lodge- I think the cost for guests is $89 plus tax and gratuity for adults (an optional wine pairing is available which brings the amount to $110 per person) and this can also be booked 60 days in advance (same 48 hour cancellation window as prepayment for both the lunch or dinner is required).

Strmchsr
04-11-2007, 08:57 AM
Thanks for the update! We'll get the Info Central section updated. I knew I had seen an another option for doing this program!

Crow
04-11-2007, 07:39 PM
it would b great to have this dinner at AP..
hmmmm ill b arriving at AP on a Thursday in Sept...mayb i can use my free dining for it! that would b pretty awesome but i doubt i could.

TheRustyScupper
04-12-2007, 12:40 PM
. . . mayb i can use my free dining for it! . . .

1) Yes, you can use DDP for AP.
2) No, you can't use DDP for Imagineer meals.