PDA

View Full Version : Getting to/from Whispering Canyon

Disdad13
04-10-2007, 01:25 PM
Finalized yesterday for our trip 9-19 thru 9-26 with Free Dining Plan.:party:

My questions: our first night there we have reservations at WC at 6:40. We will be at the MK that afternoon. What is the best/fastest way to get from MK to WL for our dinner at WC and about how long should we plan on the trip taking? Second part of question: we always go to Epcot the first night of every trip to see Illuminations - so what would be the fastest/easiest way to get from WC to Epcot after we are done eating?

Another question: Is there anything to do or look at at WL before we eat? Any reason to get to WL any earlier than we have to?

Thanks for all the input!

marlyn
04-10-2007, 01:55 PM
The best way to get from MK to WL is by boat from MK. Best way to get to Epcot after dinner is to take bus from WL to Epcot.

As for the time...I would say give yourself a good hour ro get there from MK...if you are early you can look around. The reosrt is beautiful!

Scott C
04-10-2007, 01:57 PM
Getting there is easy. There is a direct boat from the front of MK to the WL.

There is a bus from WL to Epcot

Thanks
Scott C

satchel01
04-10-2007, 02:02 PM
Awesome choice for your first night's dinner! I'm doing the same thing in May (exactly 31 days from now, but who's counting :D ). What I'm planning is spending time in MK, then heading out of the park about an hour before our ADR. We'll take the boat to WL since it's a shorter walk than to the bus and much more fun IMO.

I've never been to the WL before so if we have a few minutes to spare I plan to check out the lobby, pool and maybe "old faithful" (is that what it's called?) if the timing is right. Maybe someone else can comment on the timing. I THINK it's every 1/2 hour that it "spouts off".

Then afterward to get to Epcot I think the bus would be your only option. WL is not a monorail resort so that's out and the boat doesn't go to Epcot.