PDA

View Full Version : My Dining Plan

disneynarula
04-10-2007, 01:11 PM
We just booked MYW with dining. We were going to go in January but decided to take advantage of the free dining. We will be going Sept 22-28

The people in my party are; DH, DS(11 months), DS (3.5) and myself. It will be a first time trip for DH and DSs.

What do you think of our dining plan?

Saturday: (arrival day) Dinner at Wolfgang Puck Cafe

Sunday: Dinner at Markarresh

Monday: Dinner at O'Hana

Tuesday: Dinner at Chef Mickey's

Wednesday: Dinner at Sci Fi

Thursday: Lunch at Nine Dragons

Friday: Dinner at Whispering Canyon

Saturday: Breakfast at Hollywood and Vine

I wanted to do more lunches and then do CS for dinner because I think it is less crowded. DH wants to do dinner because you get better choices at some places.

Any suggestions for better choices? I limited the character breakfasts because none of us are big breakfast eaters and would rather have milk and cereal in the room.

MMouse6937
04-10-2007, 01:54 PM
Your selections sound great!! We love Ohanas and Chef Mickeys. We go to CM for breakfast and do Crystal Palace for dinner. We also love the Sci Fi. I know people on here say the food isn't that great, but we love the atmosphere. Sounds like you're going to have a great time. We'll be there form 9/17-9/22 !!! :thumbsup:

BelleBeauty
04-10-2007, 02:20 PM
I understand your DH's idea about switching lunches and dinners because of crowds. However, you get more bang for your buck (or Disney's) if you use DDP for dinner. Your selections look great! I would only suggest maybe doing Sci-Fi for lunch and Nine Dragons for dinner. Sci-Fi is pretty standard fare, but the atmosphere warrants a visit. I would even think about paying OOP for lunch there and using the DDP for a fancier meal somewhere else.

BelleBeauty
04-10-2007, 02:23 PM
I understand your DH's idea about switching lunches and dinners because of crowds. However, you get more bang for your buck (or Disney's) if you use DDP for dinner. Your selections look great! I would only suggest maybe doing Sci-Fi for lunch and Nine Dragons for dinner. Sci-Fi is pretty standard fare, but the atmosphere warrants a visit. I would even think about paying OOP for lunch there and using the DDP for a fancier meal somewhere else.

KAT1811
04-10-2007, 02:30 PM
What about taking the kids to Rainforest Cafe instead of Wolfgang Puck's your first night? The kids might like it. I know we do!

crazykids
04-10-2007, 02:53 PM
my kids loved Wolfgang Puck's - they have a great kids menu! We're even going back again this September.

poeticeclipse
04-10-2007, 03:12 PM
To get the most out of your DDP without giving up what you really want. I would do the following...

Switch Sci-fi to lunch and pay OOP. Don't order a whole meal (appy, entree, and dessert). It's just plain not worth it. Get an entree and split a dessert or something like that. You can now add another restaurant to your list for dinner that same night. If I may be so bold to suggest Cape May Cafe's wonderful clambake or Coral Reef at Epcot. Both are great for kids but also wonderful and somewhat adult like for you and your hubby. Either way, enjoy your free dining!! Lucky!

Pop Centurion
04-10-2007, 03:26 PM
I also agree with switching to lunch at Sci-Fi and paying OOP.

SBETigg
04-10-2007, 04:28 PM
Nine Dragons is undergoing rehab from July until mid-November. You won't be able to book ADRs. Instead, perhaps try San Angel Inn(great atmosphere) Rose & Crown, or Teppanyaki(which will be newly refurbed as of the end of August). Otherwise your plan is fine.

I would stick with Wolfgang Puck's over Rainforest Cafe. 'Ohana and Marrakesh, both excellent choices. Have fun!

disneynarula
04-10-2007, 04:59 PM
[QUOTE=SBETigg;1252246]Nine Dragons is undergoing rehab from July until mid-November. You won't be able to book ADRs. Instead, perhaps try San Angel Inn(great atmosphere) Rose & Crown, or Teppanyaki(which will be newly refurbed as of the end of August). Otherwise your plan is fine.

QUOTE]

Really? I better call back then b/c I made an ADR.

I also took some people's advice and deleted Sci Fi and chose the coral reef. I might call back and make a PS and just have dessert there. I think the boys will get a real kick out of it but I don't want to waste a dining credit.

DS3 loves fish so I think he will really love the Coral Reef.

magicman
04-10-2007, 05:12 PM
You've got some good picks. I just must say that I couldn't stand to go to WDW & not eat at Le Cellier (EPCOT / Canada Section). It's my very favorite place to eat there.

Natazu
04-10-2007, 06:47 PM
Looks good for the most part. There are much better places to dine at WDW than Sci-Fi. It's ok for a snack to soak up the atmosphere on a hot day but with all the truly wonderful places to eat on the dining plan, I'd hate to see someone waste credits at Sci-Fi. :twocents:

tinksmom02
04-10-2007, 10:14 PM
I think your plans sound good--from your list, I've only eaten at Chef Mickey's for dinner (H&V, too, but lunch), but they're all on my must-do list--someday LOL

Again, this isn't from personal opinion, but what I've been reading here on Intercot..I think Sci-Fi is one of those places you either love or hate. I think you said you were going to try and get just dessert there...that'll probably let you know which group you belong in!

Maybe we'll run into each other--we'll be there Sept. 22-27!

EvilQueen2006
04-10-2007, 11:00 PM
Marrakesh has been my favorite place so far to eat. Wolfgang's is way up there too! The only other place on your list I have tried is Chef Mickey's. It was good, but nothing sticks out in my mind.

disneynarula
04-11-2007, 07:08 AM
You've got some good picks. I just must say that I couldn't stand to go to WDW & not eat at Le Cellier (EPCOT / Canada Section). It's my very favorite place to eat there.

It is actually one of my favorites too but neither DH or I are big meat eaters. I don't want to waste a dining credit bc all I really like is the cheese soup and the pretzel bread. I might call today and make a lunch ADR and pay out of pocket.