PDA

View Full Version : How Hard to Get CRT Now?

illini
04-10-2007, 11:02 AM
I've been very fortunate in the past and have won gold on our two previous attempts at getting CRT for breakfast.

I'm wondering, though, what effect the recent price hikes (ouch!), addition of lunch, and the 180+10 have had on the ability to get an ADR.

We're going for DD2's 5th bday, and desperately want to have breakie at the castle on her actual birthday. Unfortunately, it's on day 2 of our trip so I don't think the 180+10 is going to be much help.

Somebody make me feel better so I'm not panicked for the next 3 weeks!

TIA

May524
04-10-2007, 11:46 AM
My family and I are going in June and we made ADR's for CRT about 80 days out...so you never know!

Mom2princesses
04-10-2007, 12:54 PM
I booked the CRT breakfast easily and it was less than 180 days from our check in date. Just give them a call a minute or so before the lines open and you'll be fine. Good luck to you! I didn't succeed at getting a reservation for my older daughters 5 birthday but I didn't know you could book it at the time 90 days in advance. I'm sure you'll be ok! Just be flexible with the time. I have a 3 yo dd and had to get in this time we are going at the end of August this year. Unfortunately just missing the Free Dining by one day. We check in on 8/25. :(

Another nice place for birthday celebrations is the Liberty tree Tavern for dinner. They did a really nice job making my daughters birthday a fun day. Gave her a signed birthday card from all the characters (including Minnie) and of course they sang happy birthday to her and put little mickey confetti all over our table!

Don't forget to get an it is my birthday button for her too. I forgot the name of the building maybe it was City Hall where you get it but it is one of the first buildings you see on the left hand side as soon as you enter the MK. She'll be treated like a princess all day at the park. With all the CM's wishing her a happy birthday.

It was a wonderful experience and my daughter had a fantastic time. She still has the signed card and she is 10 years old!

Good luck with the reservation!

KAT1811
04-10-2007, 08:04 PM
I was also worried about the 180 + 10 day thing. I got the impression the CM I talked to didn't much care for it either and eluded that not only I was unhappy about the new rules.

Anyway, I called on that first 180th day at the customary 7:00am and not a minute later and it was booked for the day we were looking for. The CM I was talking with said to try back in about 4 days. She said that WDW dining releases more tables about that far out so keep trying. She said that many CMs will tell you that it is not true but it is. She had plenty of reservations for the days prior to my arrival but none for the day I was looking for. Sure enough I called back (later on in the afternoon because I forgot to call in the morning) and I got a reservation for breakfast at 8:50am.

I think that many people are not aware of this and just give up because we all are used to the 90 day out and out of luck if it's not there on the first day at exactly 7:00am.

Good luck!!!

DizneyRox
04-10-2007, 10:15 PM
The price hike has had no effect on the desire for people to eat at CRT. Lunch and Dinner are much easier to get, but it's not that easy.