PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club Hints?

thejens
04-10-2007, 10:38 AM
We are staying at the Beach Club Resort this May for the first time during Memorial Day weekend and through the first Star Wars weekend. Our gathering will have 4 boys ages three through 10. Any suggestions on how to get the most from this resort/location? I am so excited!

pox24
04-10-2007, 10:56 AM
Take advatage of the pool area, its the best in all of WDW. Have dinner at Cape May. Boat across to the Boardwalk for some fun and games. Plenty of dining, all within walking distance. A 10 minute walk to Epcot and maybe 20 to MGM. For Mom and Dad... have dining next door in the Yacht Club at the Yachtsman Steakhouse. Have a great time. Oh .... one more tip.... TAKE ME WITH YOU!

ThanxForNoticin
04-10-2007, 12:50 PM
As mentioned above, definitely take advantage of the pool. It's amazing. I would also add a couple suggestions. First, a trip-a-day to Beaches and Cream is a must! Take advantage of the Marketplace for quick drinks, breakfast items, or lunch items. And a little trick we learned with our boys - you are a 10-15 minute walk from Fantasia Mini-Golf. That's a lot of fun. Along with the convenience of walking/boating to EPCOT and MGM, it is the best location on property. Have a great time.

BronxTigger
04-10-2007, 01:15 PM
I agree with all the above posters. Because you have children, you may want to take the boat to MGM, but Epcot is very close to the Beach Club, and even with children I would walk it. I would also walk to the Boardwalk if you want to just check it out or eat at their restaurants.

Definitely check out Beaches and Cream! It has diner-type food as well as great ice cream.

After Illuminations ends, don't join in the rush. Stroll around World Showcase and enjoy the music and the increasingly emptying area. Then, you can walk out the International Gateway back to your room.

The Beach Club has the Sandcastle Club off the lobby. You may want to put your kids there for an evening while you dine at the Yachtsman Steakhouse at the Yacht Club.

And...enjoy the pool!

xipetotec
04-10-2007, 01:55 PM
We are staying at the Beach Club Resort this May for the first time during Memorial Day weekend and through the first Star Wars weekend. Our gathering will have 4 boys ages three through 10. Any suggestions on how to get the most from this resort/location? I am so excited!

We are BCV DVC members and just *love* this resort.

High points:
The pool area. The *best* at Disney IMHO, enjoy it at least once! It's awesome!

Beaches and Cream - Burger Joint/Ice Cream Soda shop.

Cape May Cafe's character breakfast is VERY good.

It's a short walk to Epcot and Back. Really amazing for varied dining even if Epcot is not your "visited park" that day.

5-10 minute walk to the boardwalk where Big River Grille (one my absolute favorites ) is. and don't worry. it's a brewpub, but it is very family friendly.

Easy access to the boat to get to MGM ( for your Star Wars weekend ).

Have an AMAZING vacation at the BC!:number1: