PDA

View Full Version : writing invatations...

DizNee143
04-10-2007, 09:27 AM
for my engagement party...i am making my own invatations...i bought really nice paper and envelops for it...i just dont know how to go about wording it all...
can anyone give me any ideas on how to word it?
should it be something short and sweet like..
- come celebrate our engagement with us -
or should i write something longer?
i dont know what to do!! lol
thanx in advance for the help!!! :mickey:

Dakota Rose
04-10-2007, 11:47 AM
I think you're off to a great start! :)

In general, your invite wording should match the formality of the party. So if you're having a cocktail party aboard a yacht, you'd want to use more formal language than if you're having a backyard garden party. :)

Check out verseit.com for more invite wording ideas.

Jasper
04-10-2007, 12:02 PM
You should say;

Hey y'all me and my honey's gettin' hitched and we're hav'in a big beer bust.

P.S. bring cash or big presents!!

:D :D :D

Obviously I am just joking! However, in all seriousness I know there are several books that are standard at most libraries that can help you. In particular, look for ones by Emily Post. I know that a previous poster mentioned one website, but I would have to imagine there are probably many more out there if you just do a search.

Congratulations on the impending wedding and good luck with your party!

Marker
04-10-2007, 04:48 PM
Congratulations on your upcoming event.

As for your question, I'd first suggest that you use the word "invitation" rather than "invatation". Or if you using it in a different form, you might go with "You Are Invited" rather than "You Are Invated", because heaven forbit you accidentally use an incorrect letter, let's say a "d" instead of a "t", well then you'd be sending them something like "You Are Invaded", and they might take that entirely different from what your original intent was.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :giveup:

mrsgaribaldi
04-10-2007, 06:30 PM
Where is the party going to be?Congratulations:thumbsup:

DizNee143
04-11-2007, 09:18 AM
Congratulations on your upcoming event.

As for your question, I'd first suggest that you use the word "invitation" rather than "invatation". Or if you using it in a different form, you might go with "You Are Invited" rather than "You Are Invated", because heaven forbit you accidentally use an incorrect letter, let's say a "d" instead of a "t", well then you'd be sending them something like "You Are Invaded", and they might take that entirely different from what your original intent was.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :giveup:
so sorry i miss spell alot...i stink at writing...but i guess thanx for pointing it out though?!?

Where is the party going to be?Congratulations:thumbsup:

its going to be in a resturant near my house...they have a room were they host parties..its nothing to fancy or really all that formal..
im just really stuck on how to word everything...
thanx for the help with the websites and books...i guess ill take a look into those...
any other suggestions would still be great!! thanx! :D