PDA

View Full Version : Resort Charging Privileges

homeschool mom
04-10-2007, 08:14 AM
In the past I have only gotten charging privileges on my room key/card. For our upcoming trip, we would like to have this privilege extended to our very responsible teen daughter and her BF. Is it possible to have their key cards activated to charge, and if so, do they need a form of photo ID to present when making purchases. Thanks ahead for the info.

Tink1
04-10-2007, 08:30 AM
Just tell the CM when your checking in you want charging privileges on all cards. The kids will sign the cards there and that is it!

They normally do not have to show any ID when they make a purchase. I did once when I had forgotten to sign my card.

Nanci

TheRustyScupper
04-10-2007, 11:33 AM
1) Room charging limits
. . . Value - $500
. . . Mods - $1,000
. . . Deluxe - $1,500
2) All room keys have the same limit
3) You cannot set different limits per key.
4) No ID is needed to charge, if card is signed.

cinderellagrl
04-10-2007, 11:42 AM
1) Room charging limits
. . . Value - $500
. . . Mods - $1,000
. . . Deluxe - $1,500
2) All room keys have the same limit
3) You cannot set different limits per key.
4) No ID is needed to charge, if card is signed.

OH MY... I didn't know they set different limits! I don't know what we would do if we stayed at a mod (we normally stay at a deluxe) and with a group of six people's: meals, park tickets, and a treats we almost always have to make a call back to the resort and get the limit raised.

But to answer your question:
My parents have been giving my sister and I charging priviliages since we were about 13.... we always discussed what it could be used for before they would hand the keys over, and if we wanted something extra would call them. It was always much better then cash, and the room key, park ticket, and "credit card" all in one was just one thing my parents had to worry about loosing, instead of loosing each one individually!

mamacatnv
04-10-2007, 02:43 PM
My teen DS has had the charging privledges on our last 2 visits, he really likes the freedom it gives him.

I regularly called our resort to pay off the balance with the CC they keep on file so as not to run into "limit" issues. It was easy and done with a quick call.

Several mornings I popped into the front desk and paid the balance with travelers checks also.

Have fun

MNNHFLTX
04-10-2007, 05:46 PM
I wanted to share an experience we had, regarding adding charging privileges to a child's room card. When my son was 11 years old, we were at WDW during the Christmas season. We added charging privileges to his card as he wanted to buy several small Christmas presents for his dad and I while we were there. In three different situations, the cast members in the stores would not allow him to charge anything to the card without an adult present. We ended up circumventing this problem by going into the store where he wanted to make a purchase and telling the cast members there that we gave our permission for him to make a charge on his key (and then leave the store so he had privacy to make the purchase).

I imagine the cast members tend to do this less the older the child is (and maybe an older teen would have no problem), but just wanted to throw this out there as a possibility.