PDA

View Full Version : Buena Vista Palace

nutz4goofy
04-10-2007, 08:05 AM
My husband has a conference at this resort in May and I'll be joining him for some Disney fun!! Anyone stay here before?? If so how was your stay??

mouseketeer mom
04-10-2007, 08:09 AM
My husband had a conference there this past September. We decided to stay at the Poly instead, and he cabbed himself in (just under a 10 minute ride) on the 2 days he had to be there. That way I was on the monorail on the days I was alone with the kids. It was much more comfortable for us that way! I couldn't be soo close to Disney property and not stay there! He said the Buena Vista Palace was nice. A big, pretty, conference type hotel.

mmouse566
04-10-2007, 02:44 PM
We stayed there this past week and loved it !!! The rooms are far larger than Disney property hotels and have a double vanity that is separated so two people can get ready at the same time in private. There are flat screen TVs (limited channels, though) in the rooms along with keyboards for internet access. It is directly across the street from the markey place. We were at the emporium within minutes of leaving our room. They have a great outback restaurant and sports bar. Only drawback is the no Disney themed anything. Also since we are passholders we always drive so I can't really comment on the bus service. I would gladly choose this hotel again even over the Disney deluxes.

nutz4goofy
04-11-2007, 08:28 AM
Thanks for the responses!

Normally I wouldn't even think of staying "offsite", as I do love the Disney feeling, but I am glad to hear it is a nice hotel. I did book a "Disney view" room so that should give me some sort of "feel"! That, and the fact that it is right across the street from DTD makes it fine for me. I can't complain...I didn't expect to go to "the World" for at least 2 more years!!!

Wayne
04-11-2007, 05:22 PM
The BVP is an excellent hotel. You aren't immersed in Disney, but that might not be a bad thing.

Chances are that your Disney View room will give you a view of Spaceship Earth.