PDA

View Full Version : Anyone do reward/survey thingies?

ShanPooh
04-10-2007, 03:30 AM
I've been looking into doing something like pinecone research, sunshine rewards, quick rewards, opinion outpost, planet panel, etc. to put more money in the pokey for WDW.
What do you think of the programs?
What kind of paypal account do you use?
Do they have a good privacy policy?

Any information, thoughts, and opinions would be helpful.

:thanks:

Caroleh
04-10-2007, 08:01 AM
I've been looking into doing something like pinecone research, sunshine rewards, quick rewards, opinion outpost, planet panel, etc. to put more money in the pokey for WDW.
What do you think of the programs?
What kind of paypal account do you use?
Do they have a good privacy policy?

Any information, thoughts, and opinions would be helpful.

:thanks:

I've done a few surveys, but what I find is a lot of times they don't need your info. Too many people fitting that demographic has already answered the survey or you don't fit into what they are looking for. Also lots of times it's a monthly draw, so they don't pay everyone. Several of the surveys can take over 20 minutes to answer also, so you need to take that into consideration.

QTPie68
04-10-2007, 11:29 AM
I agree with Carol. Unless you get hooked up with Pinecone and you get a lot of suveys with them (they do pay you checks or through paypal), a lot of the others are very little cash, most just enter into drawings. Others you earn points towards rewards like gift cards.

If you have extra time, you might think about secret shopping. I personally have not done it, but I have seen posts on other boards of people who do who do get some extra moola (depending on where they live and what is available). Also, some people make some disney money doing they grocery store samples/presentation things and make extra money that way.

If either of these sounds interesting.....I can point you to a board or two that have people who do a lot of this and even more!

BrerGnat
04-11-2007, 12:38 PM
I do surveys on MySurvey as well as eRewards. MySurvey gives you points for completing surveys, and you can redeem the points for cash or merchandise. It takes 1000 points to get $10 in cash. I recently cashed in 5000 points for a $50 check that I received via mail. It took about a year and a half to accumulate that many points, but I frequently used the points to enter online raffles or donate to charity (other options for using points). Most surveys give you 10-30 points and take about 3 minutes to do. If you are "selected" for a more in depth survey, you could get up to 750 points for a single 20 minute survey. I decline to do many of the surveys, as I just don't have the time, but it's a fun way to get a bit of extra money.

eRewards offers more surveys and you rack up eRewards "dollars" which can be used to purchase rewards (but not cash). I do this mainly to get airline mileage. With $100 in eRewards currency, you can purchase 2,000 miles on a few different airlines.

Both places send emails when there are new surveys available. In addition, I do "mystery shopping" for a company that the Cheesecake Factory uses. I get a free meal there about once every 2 months.

I do this stuff mainly for fun. It's not a job with enough income, but it's a way to pass the time and get a little reward for it as well.

If you are interested in either of these, please send me a PM. I can get a bonus for referring a friend. :)