PDA

View Full Version : Help a teen surprise his parents

crazypoohbear
04-09-2007, 08:55 PM
My son's friend is going to Disney in June with his parents and grandmother. While they are there the grandmother turns 80! :party: and the parents 25 anniversary happens. :mickey:

He is 16 years old and needs suggestions on how he can make both these momentous occasions special.
He already knows about the pins from guest services but he is looking for ideas of other things to do.
He is hoping to keep the cost down below 100.00. Any Suggestions for him.???
I for one am thrilled a teenage boy is thinking of someone other than himself!:number1:

Wolf
04-10-2007, 12:08 AM
If he could find out if they are doing the dining plan I would say for him to book them a really big deal character breakfast (probably ohana for family sake) and when he booked it to tell them about the events and kind of throw a big party type thing. Mabye order a cake before(shouldnt be too much) and ask the CMs for help when he reserved it. Thats really awesome he's trying to treat them!

mrsgaribaldi
04-10-2007, 12:15 AM
If he's really good with a computer he could make some shirts for them all to wear. Each shirt could depict the special event. My parents do this all the time. You just need the tranfer paper and the know how to do it on the computer. They could wear the shirts in the parks that day:thumbsup:
I also like the idea about the cake with a meal:mickey:

Dakota Rose
04-10-2007, 12:23 AM
I was also going to suggest the cake.
And also a gift basket or flowers from the Disney florist.
Maybe a stepping stone in the walk.
Fantasmic dinner package.
Tea at the GF.
Special photo shoot.

I can't think of anything else.....

MsMin
04-10-2007, 01:30 AM
Tell him to ask Guest Relations for help at his resort. My son ordered flowers through them and then they sent me balloons and a picture from Mickey! It makes a nice touch.
I made a scrap book for my parents with old pictures from other trips. They loved it.

slt21
04-10-2007, 01:43 AM
I'd suggest calling the Disney Florist (407-827-3505). I called them to surprise my aunt with flowers in the room, and they asked me a bunch of questions about what I wanted (the colors, types of flowers, what I wanted to spend, etc.). The flowers turned out absolutely beautiful. They do gift baskets as well.

A cake, which I believe has already been mentioned, is another good idea. If he's aware of a "special" dinner, he can arrange to have a special cake during the meal.

And to reiterate what I also believe has been mentioned, he can always give Guest Relations a call.

Flower
04-10-2007, 02:56 PM
A fireworks cruise would be special!

xipetotec
04-10-2007, 03:35 PM
My son's friend is going to Disney in June with his parents and grandmother. While they are there the grandmother turns 80! :party: and the parents 25 anniversary happens. :mickey:

He is 16 years old and needs suggestions on how he can make both these momentous occasions special.
He already knows about the pins from guest services but he is looking for ideas of other things to do.
He is hoping to keep the cost down below 100.00. Any Suggestions for him.???
I for one am thrilled a teenage boy is thinking of someone other than himself!:number1:

One time when we were all down at the same time, I wanted something inexpensive but "Disney" to express to my parents how much I appreciate them. I found the perfect thing that was a bit silly, a bit Disney, and perfect. At the MGM Studio shops, they sell "Mickey" OSCARS and we bought one that read "Best Parents" and presented them with the award.

I dunno... I thought it was clever :D

kakn7294
04-10-2007, 04:14 PM
I have several less expensive suggestions. He could take them for the Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian. Prices for the tea range from $12.50 to $25 per person. He could also take them for dessert at one of the resort restaurants around Bay Lake with a MK view at the time of the Wishes presentation. A fireworks cruise is more than twice his budget. He could also consider a carriage ride around the Port Orleans resort (especially nice around the time of Illuminations as this can be partially seen from the resort) or Saratoga Springs resort - the cost is $35 for 30 min and the carriage seats 4 adults. I think it's terrific that he wants to do this at his age and I'm sure whatever they end up doing will be wonderful.