PDA

View Full Version : POP or Caribbean Beach?

MattJenRocky
04-09-2007, 05:44 PM
If you had the choice and not even considereing the price difference, would you stay at the POP or Caribbean Beach Resort?
I've never been to either and I don't know which is better. Which is quieter?

Strmchsr
04-09-2007, 05:54 PM
A moderate will almost always be quieter than a value since the vast number of families with children stay at values, with the possible exception of POR since a lot of families like the trundle bed option there. Moderates and deluxes tend (and it's only a trend, not a hard rule) to be made up more of couples and families with older children.

No resort is bad, though.

tinkerbelle75
04-09-2007, 06:01 PM
I have stayed at both and for me there's no contest. I'd have even picked CBR over the Poly or the GF!!
CBR is so beautiful. POP is great for nostalgia, so have a visit,but CBR is "home"!

mrsgaribaldi
04-09-2007, 06:15 PM
Pop is my favorite value and CBR is one of my favorite moderates. If I could stay at either I would pick the moderate. But we are staying at Pop in 25 days:mickey: :thumbsup:

mousetrapper
04-09-2007, 06:36 PM
I have never stayed at a value resort, but just want to say that CBR is just wonderful for the money. It's very quiet (at least in the building we've always stayed -- Jamaica), beautifully themed, convenient and nicely spread out. The landscaping is gorgeous, the food court/shopping area is excellent and the themed pool is a lot of fun.

We love CBR!

PetefromRI
04-09-2007, 07:07 PM
Well be at the CBR in about 32 days.We love this resort.The Pop is a good value for the money and a nice resort for what it is but no comparison to the CBR.I have to agree with tinkerbelle75 for the most part.Even though I love the Poly,I can stay at CBR for more than half the cost and it's truly a beautiful resort,if it only had a monorail.

RAIDER
04-10-2007, 07:35 AM
Ive stayed at the CBR and i can recommend it if you want peace and quiet as they have private pools as well as a lovely relaxed atmosphere ..Then this is the place :mickey: :thumbsup:

edwards2301
04-10-2007, 08:21 AM
I would pick CBR over Pop any day as well. I have never stayed at Pop but the CBR theme is relaxing. I just love the :music: too in Old Port Royale.

:mickey:

nutz4goofy
04-10-2007, 08:30 AM
No contest...CBR! I love the atmosphere! Quiet pools, Old Port Royale, Music, the lake..it is so nice. I prefer staying in Jamaica or Aruba because walking over that bridge and through the pathway to Old Port Royale is beautiful...especially early morning when the sun is rising!

BronxTigger
04-10-2007, 09:08 AM
I have not stayed at either resort. Actually, I have never stayed at any value or any moderate (okay, now I just sound like a snob!...but I promise I'm not!)

I would take the CBR over the POP any day.

According to the Unofficial Guide, the values have room sizes of about 260 square feet, and the moderates are about 314 square feet.

I personally am not crazy about the theming of any of the values. They theme mainly by using giant icons, which is fun, but I prefer the way they theme at the moderates and values.

I've wanted to stay at CBR for a long time. I like the concept. I'm staying there in October. I can't wait!

tink2006
04-10-2007, 10:36 AM
I would probably vote for CBR. I have never stayed at the POP but I have stayed at the ASMU. It was too loud for us. However, my DS who was about 6 at the time loved the decor.
We have stayed at the CBR it was much better in regards to the noise levels. My DS (now 14) and myself, liked this resport and would stay there again. :thumbsup: That said, my DH did not like it very much - however he is very picky when it comes to his resorts.:(

Disney Doll
04-10-2007, 01:17 PM
I don't think any of the values can be considered quiet- too many families with kiddos in a small area. CBR is more spread out so there will likely be more walking, but that means it is much quieter. I've stayed at both and while I enjoyed both, I prefer CBR.

Belle--86
04-11-2007, 04:22 PM
We have stayed at both, we would choose CBR over POP. It:s quiter, more relaxing. The theming is great., the quiet pools are wonderful. The landscaping is beautiful and tranquil. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

MsMin
04-11-2007, 05:24 PM
We love Pop because it's exciting-- the intense colors and nostalgic icons. I've never stayed @ CBR but my parents have while I was @ okw and I visited their room. I have trouble looking at it w/o the price difference and I don't spend enough time in the room to notice the difference with the noise level.
If you were looking for quiet I would say don't go POP, even the name is noisy...:razz:

GrmGrninGost
04-13-2007, 12:27 AM
We have stayed at both, and both are very nice. However, the moderates are always quieter and laid back. I have a suspicion my DKs would pick POP or AS for the theming. But, they do love the water slides at the mods and deluxe. If money's no object, go for the moderate.

Mickey91
04-13-2007, 12:31 AM
We love the POP but have to say that given a choice with money not a factor, I would have to choose CBR. It is absolutely beautiful!! Plus, it is a lot quieter and more serene.

Figgyluv03
04-13-2007, 12:54 PM
CBR all the way! I love that resort! I love the charm and beauty of it!!! It's definetely home to me! I spent two months straight there and I wouldn't have picked a better resort to work at!

Mousefever
04-13-2007, 02:14 PM
According to the Unofficial Guide, the values have room sizes of about 260 square feet, and the moderates are about 314 square feet.

Actually CBR has the largest rooms of any moderate at 340 square feet. We didn't notice much of a size difference between our room at CBR and the one at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

:dory:

Disneytravels
04-13-2007, 07:23 PM
Depends on the ages of the children...
My children loved the slide with the moderates but they like everything else at POP.
Me personally I like the moderate because its not so kidsy.. and a little adult mood is nice.
But for the price... I would pick POP because you can stay one or two more days for the price of that moderate and if I can stay longer... I am SOLD!

lockedoutlogic
04-13-2007, 11:01 PM
The moderates in general are the least economical of choices in resorts....

That being said: Caribbean is the WORST...no question.....

maybe it's because it's the oldest, no elevators, smallish main pool area, ridiculously spread out, overgrown and humid on hot days, seperate area for check in, bad bus system with too many stops....

need I go on?

Take it from someone who has been on both sides of the curtain at CBR......this place is not as good as advertised.

However, it could have charm if you're into that style...and it sports a large number of quiet pools...if unimaginative. The food is ok...though the Dinner only sitdown is a bad setup. There are some good things...but not as many as the other moderates...and for a 149 starting price....it is a complete ripoff.

SO I would take any all-star, POP, and Definitely the other 3 moderates over caribbean...if those were my choices.

Dopey's Girl
04-14-2007, 12:37 AM
I love CBR! Sure it's spread out, and all that, but the grounds are beautiful, and watching the sun rise from a hammock on one of the beaches is just heaven!

Pop is great (I was there in March, and will be back in September) but anytime I'm there, I'm wishing I could sneak next door and stay at CBR!