PDA

View Full Version : monorail between MK & Epcot

hope23
04-09-2007, 05:19 PM
I'm trying to plan how long it will take to get from MK to Epcot on the monorail for dinner reservations... anyone know the usual length?

Thanks!

magicofdisney
04-09-2007, 05:30 PM
From the MK you'll need to take a monorail to The Ticket and Transportation Center. From there you'll take a monorail to Epcot. I would allow at least an hour. :mickey:

JPL
04-09-2007, 06:01 PM
An Hour to an Hour and a half just to safe depending on where your reservation at Epcot are. The Monorail drops you outside the main gate of Epcot. So if you are eating at World Showcase you still have to walk there. If you aren't set on taking the Monorail it maybe faster to take a bus to Beach Club and walk to the International Gateway which leaves you in Future World.

LudwigVonDrake
04-09-2007, 07:15 PM
An Hour and a half just to be safe. The bus to the Beach Club or the Boardwalk resort is also an option. The International Gateway is right by the United Kingdom in World Showcase :mickey:

MOJoe
04-10-2007, 11:12 AM
The time it takes to get from MK to your restaurant depends on which one it is. Getting from MK to Epcot is just half the trip. It is a Long Walk from the monorail station to the back of World Showcase. Allow at least 30 to 45 minutes walking time to get to Morrocco, Japan, Germany, ect. If however you are going to the Coral Reef, 15 minutes should give you enough time.

Jasper
04-10-2007, 11:49 AM
As others have mentioned, it is not only the monorail ride itself, but you also have to factor in the time spent waiting in line for the monorail, time spent going through the turnstyle at the new park and also where in the park you are leaving from and where in the new park you are going to. I would agree that 1-1 1/2 hours is probably good most of the time but during the very heaviest times of the year might even take a little longer.

We ALWAYS allow a full two hours to get from one destination to the other when park hopping just to be safe. Just remember, even if you do get lucky and it only takes an hour to get where you are going you will have plenty of things to do to fill your time once you arrive.

hope23
04-10-2007, 02:05 PM
Thanks for your thoughts. So... do you think it's best to use the monorail or take the bus to the Beach Club?

PeterPan
04-10-2007, 02:34 PM
So, are you going from MK to Beach Club? If so, do NOT take the monorail - the walk from the monorail station to BC is enormous. Simply take the Beach Club bus from the MK. It will NOT take you an hour and a half to do this - probably less than an hour, but plan on an hour (but no more.) The bus will drop you almost at the front door of the Beach Club - very little walking.

Repeat: If you are going from MK to Beach Club do NOT take the monorail - the bus is the ONLY way to go.

hope23
04-10-2007, 04:34 PM
Sorry for the confusion... I am going to Epcot, so I'm wondering if it's fastest to use the Monorail or take a bus to Beach Club and walk to Epcot from there. Our dinner is at San Angel, but we want to do Soarin' first. What do you think?

future_imagineer
04-10-2007, 05:58 PM
Int'l Gateway is across the lagoon from Mexico, so it would probably be about the same. However, taking the bus to Beach Club or Boardwalk (which I personally recommend if you are going to take this route) and then the boat or walking to Int'l Gateway would probably be less crowded. The monorail has a tendency to get extremely crowded nowadays.

EDIT: And if you want to do Soarin' first, then do the Int'l Gateway method, as it is only a small detour from the route you would take through Future World to the other side of World Showcase.

TiggerRPh
04-10-2007, 06:12 PM
I'd allow for at least an hour. The actual transit time is about 30 minutes, but you have to allow waiting for the monorail, entry into Epcot and transit to the restaurant.

disneymom2000
04-10-2007, 06:53 PM
I would definately take the monorail since Soarin is located in the Land pavilion which is located in future world. However, because Soarin is so popular you might want to give yourself a little extra time.