PDA

View Full Version : Help with BC questions...??

Gotimone
04-09-2007, 04:48 PM
Hello .. I am hoping all you seasoned WDW vetrans out there can help me.. I will be vacationing at the BC on May 4th for 5 nights.. I made these ressies online myself and included the Park Hopper tix and the dining plan.. Now here is the issue.. I will be traveling with my DD and celebrating her 26th birthday while we are there May 6th.. and I am hoping to get a room upgrade.. i am not opposed to paying for such an upgrade.. and i am not looking for something for nothing.. I did book a standard room in my ressie, and i have stayed at the BC before (but they were doing renovations, not a good time to be there) and the rooms are fine in size.. i was just hoping NOT to have a view of the parking lot.. but i dont know how to approach this issue.. Should I just wait until checkin and inquire ?? Should I call and see what can be done?? Has anyone had this similar situation?? Maybe you can give me some guidelines?? Thanks...:confused:

MsMin
04-09-2007, 07:03 PM
I've tried to upgrade a few weeks before check-in and it was no longer available. I would definitely try now.

disneymom2000
04-10-2007, 08:41 PM
You are lucky since the time you are going is going to be a slow time. I would definately ask while you were checking in if they may have a balcony room or maybe a room facing Spaceship Earth which is much nicer than the parking lot. At these times, the CM's are more than willing to bend over backwards to make your stay as pleasant as possible.

TammiMcMan
04-10-2007, 08:55 PM
If you call ahead of time and ask about an upgrade, it will not be complimentary. They'll definitely update your reservation with the added view cost. At this point, you can call and ask them to note on your reservation that you'd like to request a room that doesn't overlook the front of the resort.

Most likely, your room isn't going to be pre-assigned and won't be until you physically check in at the resort. The CM checking you in, will see your request, but they typically choose from a pool of available rooms when you arrive. The earlier you arrive, the more choice you will have. Just let the CM know, that you'd like to avoid a room in the front of the resort and that you're willing to wait.

For example, you arrive at 11am and the CM has 3 rooms immediately available overlooking the parking lot. You can take a room and go right to it, or you can ask about something that will be opening up later in the day. The CM will look and see that they will have something, but the current guests have requested a late check-out. Would you be willing to wait until 3 or 4pm for the better view? If they don't have anything else in your view category, you can ask about an upgrade then. Just be sure that you and the CM are both on the same page in terms of cost. Sometimes they'll be able to upgrade you for nothing and other times, they'll charge you the difference in rates.

Gotimone
04-11-2007, 03:08 AM
Thank you all for your replies.. I called today about an upgrade and was told there were no upgrade rooms available.. soooo.. I guess I will be at the CM mercy when we arrive.. Oh well... any day and WDW is a great day.. thanks again..

TammiMcMan
04-11-2007, 07:59 AM
Not sure if the theme or view is the most important, but the YC has water view rooms available during your stay. They share the same amenities, so really the only difference is the theme and as an added bonus, the YC has more rooms with a full size balcony than the BC does.

You're really not at the mercy of the CM when you arrive. They are limited to what the computer shows as being available. If you ask them to try and find a better view room, they'll do their best. As I mentioned, you'll have more choices if you can arrive early at the resort, so if you decide to stay at the BC, that's what I would try to do.