PDA

View Full Version : Transport options for Swan/Dolphin??

Funcruiser56
04-09-2007, 03:04 PM
I am planning a surprise visit to the World in June for my DH and mine 33 wedding anniversary. We will be there only 4 days and want to keep our cost down but still be able to max our time in the parks.
I am thinking about Swan/Dolphin but wonder about the transportation issues..is there bus's to the parks from these hotels? I know we can take the boat into Epcot and I suppose just monorail it to the MK if there are no bus.
Also can we use the Magical Express service from the airport/back or will we need to make other arangements?

Thanks so much!

Bev

robhink
04-09-2007, 04:07 PM
There is bus service from the Swan/Dolphin to the Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom and Downtown Disney. Water Taxi service to Epcot and Disney MGM Studios. As I understand it ME is not available to the Swan/Dolphin.

DisneyDudet
04-09-2007, 07:00 PM
DME does not go to Swan and Dolphin, as they are not Disney owned resorts.

There are two options to get to MGM and Epcot: walk or FriendSHIP boats. I find it a lot faster and enjoyable to walk, but in the summer times or the bitter cold, it may be nice to ride the boat(even though in the summer we've had issues with it being really hot in the boat!). Its really a short walk to either resort, and you go through the back door of Epcot, which means less crowds at the entrance for you.

For Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, DTD, and the water parks, there are buses.

If you want to catch the monorail, you would have to go through Epcot.

Hope this helps!