PDA

View Full Version : Shark Reef

MattJenRocky
04-09-2007, 03:00 PM
This will be mine and my Dh's first time to the waterparks and I was wondering if you can take an underwater camera with you into shark reef?
Also, can I get a little more information on this attraction?:D

T-Belle
04-09-2007, 03:44 PM
Yes, you can take an underwater camera. You'll be given brief instructions not to splash or kick your feet-just use your arms to swim along. They will give you a snorkle and mask and instruct you to swim on top of the water, no diving down. The water is a bit cool, but your not in it too long. This is one of our favorites. You'll see lots of fish, not just sharks.

Dopey's Girl
04-10-2007, 09:47 AM
Does anyone have any other info about this one?! Mom and I are thinking of going to a waterpark for the first time, and this attraction peaked our interest!

poeticeclipse
04-10-2007, 12:44 PM
It's really really cool and not scary at all. When you walk in the line you see a little gazebo where they have a snorkels all lined up in a row. You grab one, rinse off, and then head to the line. You're with a small group of about 8 people (maybe less). A guy instructs you on how to properly put your snorkel on and then when the other group is done, you're allowed to walk over to another person who is standing in the water (I think there are two people actually). They have you kneal in the water (it's a bit cold, kind of a shock if it's hot out) and then stick your head in to test the snorkel out. Once you're ready they'll tell you that you can go ahead and begin. If you have trouble breathing the "lifeguards" will help you out and if you just don't want to do it anymore, you exit - no biggie. When you swim across you can't kick your feet, only use your arms. To me, it's best to go across the aquarium once and then a little while later try it again because you'll know how to get comfortable breathing and you can enjoy the fish more instead of worrying about how you breathe through that thing.

It's super fun and really easy!