PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Trip Report: 999 Days and Counting...

Mr. Brass Bonanza
04-09-2007, 12:41 PM
I haven't been to Walt Disney World since March 2004, and Kerri hasn't been there since July 2003. We used to go several times a year, but then things kept coming up, and fortunately the best thing to hold us back happened in January...the birth of our twins! So yesterday, we were talking with my parents about when we would take the kids to WDW for the first time. I thought it would be a good idea to celebrate their third birthday there, which will be January 6, 2010. So, the plan is to fly down via accompanying grandparents frequent flyer miles to WDW on Saturday, January 2, 2010. Low and behold, I just looked and that's exactly 999 days from today.

So, at least we're under 1,000 days now and I finally have a WDW vacation to look forward to YEAH!!! :thumbsup:

Bethis26fan
04-09-2007, 01:35 PM
Congrats man that's a long time to wait.

CanadianWDWFan
04-09-2007, 01:36 PM
Welcome to the triple digit club!:thumbsup: :D

Nothing like planning a trip!

magicman
04-09-2007, 01:48 PM
You might want to call now for your ADRs. They book up awful fast.:D

I'm looking at my next trip being in 2009 (so it's great to hear I'm ahead of someone).;)

BrerStitch
04-09-2007, 02:28 PM
Wow...and I pick on DW for planning a year in advance!! Congrats on getting the count under 4 digits.

And I wouldn't worry about the ADRs quite yet...unless you want Le Cellier. I hear that you can reserve that now, it just requires a spare kidney as a down payment!

BelleCiavo
04-09-2007, 03:57 PM
I remember those trips, didn't you do a live report when you went alone? Come on, take the twins for their first haircut; you won't regret it. Look at my avatar, see the cute mouse ears you get :mickey:
Karen

sleepingbooty
04-09-2007, 04:50 PM
I gotta ask, do you already have a countdown timer on your desktop? I imagine you'll be so busy with twins that the next three years will fly by!

pogo
04-10-2007, 11:17 AM
Good for you Mark. :thumbsup:

Happy planning. :D

DizNee143
04-10-2007, 12:48 PM
yay!! now you have something to look forward to!! im sure it will be here befor eyou even know it!! your little ones will keep you busy!! :mickey:

TikiGoddess
04-10-2007, 10:00 PM
We've been planning our big 2008 trip since 2004, when my 2nd daughter was born. And the other day my DH said to me, "you can start planning our 2013 trip, when the kids are 10 and 8 1/2!"

Happy waiting!
TikiG

ChipnDaleGal
04-11-2007, 08:41 AM
Your twins will be providing so much entertainment in the next three years that your 999 days will fly by. have fun dreaming and planning Mark! :mickey:

Mr. Brass Bonanza
04-12-2007, 11:02 AM
996 DAYS AND COUNTING...

Those three days went by fast! Yes, I did indeed post live trip reports when I was down there by myself. I think that was way back in 2000...good memory! Oh, and also 2004. don't have a countdown clock yet on my desktop because that actually becomes very distracting!

Hmmm...Sam and Amelia's first haircut at the Magic Kingdom. That is tempting. When do babies usually have their first?

Lorraine444
04-12-2007, 10:29 PM
LOL!!!!!
Not much more to say.....
I thought I was bad!

"Don't put off 999 days what you can do tomorrow....
Happy Dreaming till that day (:

BrerGnat
04-12-2007, 10:48 PM
Hmmm...Sam and Amelia's first haircut at the Magic Kingdom. That is tempting. When do babies usually have their first?

First of all, when did you have babies??? How did I miss that??? Congratulations. :party: :party:

Second, my youngest son (just turned one) BADLY needed a haircut when he was 8 months old, so you may not have much time if you want to make it down there for that. ;)

In the meantime, happy planning for 2010!

Bethanymouse
04-14-2007, 11:04 PM
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: Let the countdown begin!:thumbsup:

BelleCiavo
04-14-2007, 11:09 PM
996 DAYS AND COUNTING...

We held off till Ethan was 14 months, although some people did think he was a girl :secret:

dizneyfreek
04-18-2007, 03:31 PM
LONG LIVE THE WHALERS!!!!!!!!!!
congrats on your new edition to the family!

i see your from newington. i graduated high school from there in 1993.
my family is going to disney in two weeks....first time with the kids..can't wait!!

imaprincess!
04-19-2007, 03:03 AM
Congratulations on the babies and your "upcoming" trip! You have time to plan the perfect vacation, that's for sure! :mickey:

ElenitaB
04-21-2007, 11:03 PM
Mark, welcome to the planning club! I know that I decided that we wouldn't go to WDW until my DS was 5, and that decision was made when he was around 2... three years was enough time to plan a memorable trip though!

mrsgaribaldi
04-22-2007, 09:54 AM
The time will fly by:thumbsup: ;)

Mr. Brass Bonanza
09-25-2007, 09:46 AM
830 Days and Counting...

The days have been flying. I can't believe that Samuel and Amelia will be nine months old next week. Wow! I also can't believe over 150 days have been knocked off from the countdown since I last wrote.

If you click on my homepage button, you will see a picture of the kids taken during Labor Day weekend on their first vacation. We went to Chatham on Cape Cod.

During the first week of January, which is less than 100 days away, we can make our reservation for the Hoop-Dee-Doo Review! That will be the first offical action to planning our trip.

(BTW, dizneyfreek...I live about three miles from Newington High School, and Sam and Amelia's doctor is in the office park right next to it on the other side of the entrance to the Vet's Hospital. RETURN THE HARTFORD WHALERS!!!)

faline
09-25-2007, 03:26 PM
Hate to throw cold water on your plans, but, in 2007, Hoop de Doo changed to accepting reservations just 180 days out - rather than the 2 years they used to accept.

cal5755
09-25-2007, 03:47 PM
You guys are going to have a super magical trip for sure!!

Dh has the same sentiments with the Whalers lol... he still talks about how is grandma used to take him to the games. He grew up in Bridgeport and New Haven and I think he lived in Wallingford for a year or two. My oldest was born at Yale New Haven!

Mr. Brass Bonanza
09-28-2007, 09:23 AM
Hate to throw cold water on your plans, but, in 2007, Hoop de Doo changed to accepting reservations just 180 days out - rather than the 2 years they used to accept.

Well that truly is a bummer! Is there anything that can be reserved more than 180 days out? We're staying at the Swan and Dolphin.

faline
09-28-2007, 09:26 AM
Not that I know of.

tinkerbell0902
10-19-2007, 03:07 PM
I thought we were planning far ahead with a trip next December. It's good to know that we're not the only ones who get excited about things that are a long way off!

Mr. Brass Bonanza
09-25-2008, 02:52 PM
464 Days and Counting!!!

We're more than half way there since I started this thread!

I can taste the Dole Whips now...

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-25-2008, 03:13 PM
We only go every 3 years, its seems sooo long

DizNee143
09-25-2008, 03:19 PM
wow..look at that only about another year and a little bit!!! :mickey:

N2DisneyWorld
09-25-2008, 11:19 PM
Just like everyone has said before, time flies when you have kids. You will be packing up to go before you know it.

Planning is the best part of the whole vacation. Well...almost the best part. :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
09-26-2008, 06:43 AM
Isn't it great to have this to look forward to?? Keep us updated with the countdown!!!

Mr. Brass Bonanza
09-26-2008, 10:05 AM
463 Days and Counting!

OK, I'm not going to do this for the next 463 days, but I absolutely will be bringing my laptop and posting live trip reports when I'm down there. I love doing that, because I myself love reading them when home...it almost makes you feel like you're there.

The WDW itch intensified when I got home yesterday, so I spent a good amount of time looking for a tape I have of Disney Channel 18 (at least it was Channel 18 when I was last there in 2004) and found it! I will be watching that a little bit tonight...although it might make the itch a downright agonizing pain!

Diznee4Me
09-26-2008, 10:12 AM
Getting closer everyday. :thumbsup: Your twins are going to have such a great time - has their hair been cut yet!:D

Mr. Brass Bonanza
09-26-2008, 10:23 AM
Getting closer everyday. :thumbsup: Your twins are going to have such a great time - has their hair been cut yet!:D
Sam's hair was cut a few months ago and he needs another one soon. Amelia still has not had one, but it's really starting to get into her eyes, so I don't think I can wait another 463 days...but I'm hoping to have them get haircuts on Main Street, absolutely!

princessgirls
09-26-2008, 03:01 PM
I'm glad you'll be back in the World in 2010!!

The twins will LOVE EVERYTHING!!

Hey, everyone needs SOMETHING to look forward to in life.

995 days and counting...

Julie:mickey:

thumperbug
09-26-2008, 07:21 PM
OK Mark....I want to see an updated pics of those twins.

I found this thread...read it and checked out the pic on the home page.

They are soooooo cute...I mean really, really cute.

I admit I have a very cute child but yours....they should model. Have them earn some bling for the Disney trip (lol)

142 days until next trip.

Mr. Brass Bonanza
09-30-2008, 10:09 AM
Thanks thumperbug! That's really nice of you to say. Actually, we did send their photos to an acency, and got two calls for them to be in a movie, but the circumstances didn't work out.

I updated my homepage with a new photo taken a couple of weeks ago. It's of Sam and Amelia with their new cousin Mia.

Mackflava99
09-30-2008, 10:49 AM
I am the father of twin girls and we actually had the same void for Disney while they were young-
They are 9 now and when they hit 3 years we decided to try- Most everyone said 4 years is optimum, but since we live near the jersey shore- they had already gotten used to going on rides etc-
They liked it alot and we did a good jb planning around naps and pool to ensure they didnt overdo it- But they had no issue with rides or characters.
We have gone every year since and i feel its such a great thing for all of us to be together.
I only worry about the times when they won't want to go :( hopefully that wont be for a while

Mr. Brass Bonanza
09-30-2008, 11:39 AM
I only worry about the times when they won't want to go :( hopefully that wont be for a while
Impossible! You know, my younger brother of three years and I went to WDW three times with my parents...once when I was seven, when I was 12, and when I was 24. When I was 24, the family vacation thing kind of died down and my brother and I were starting to do our own thing. However, nothing could have stopped us from going on another family vacation to Walt Disney World. Even if it was during our anti-parents stage of mid-to-late teenage years, we would defnitely go to WDW. So hopefully your daughters will feel the same.

Thanks for the input on going down when they're three years old. :thumbsup:

Mr. Brass Bonanza
10-05-2008, 02:56 PM
We were thinking Dolphin, now we're thinking Beach Club. Oh, decisions, decisions!

WDWFanatic
10-09-2008, 10:08 AM
Mark-maybe we can get this thread to go as long as the REO one, hee hee.

I'm sure you'll have a blast where ever you stay.

Have fun planning!

yjgirl32
10-09-2008, 10:49 AM
Congrats!!! The time will fly by- happy planning!!

Mr. Brass Bonanza
06-14-2009, 01:20 PM
I can't believe I started this thread with 999 days to go to our trip, and now we're down to 202! It's also amazing how much the kids have grown since then. That is going to be such an awesome week. I just have to make sure we get to have breakfast in the Castle on their birthday. Nothing can be more magical than that. :)

Yes, Kelly...I'm still bummed that REO thread got deleted. I started that on June 22, 1999...it's 10th anniversary would have been next week!

VolMickey
06-14-2009, 03:00 PM
You are the definition of PATIENCE! Wow! :thumbsup:

Mr. Brass Bonanza
06-15-2009, 04:45 PM
201 Days and Counting!

I forgot to do that yesterday. We're about to dip below the 200 day mark. This is like my weight loss. For the first time in three years, I was below 200 pounds on Saturday (199.8 to be exact). I was up to 232 in December and started Weight Watchers with my wife in January. The two of us have lost a total of 75 pounds so far. Weight Watchers works. So very soon, my weight and the countdown will be the same number...never thought it would be this close to our vacation, though. That will be another reason to celebrate. Now, if I can only find a job.

Sam is going to have his third haircut next week, but we're still holding out on Amelia. We're trying to get her first one to be on Main Street. Think we can do it?

I can't wait to put out live trip reports in January!