PDA

View Full Version : ...And I closed my eyes and hit send!

cinderella crazy
04-09-2007, 11:25 AM
Well we found out that we weren't going to be able to get the room we wanted at the Wilderness Lodge thanks to the free dining. So we had a decision to make: Get a different room at WL or look some where else. So we looked at all the options and decided to stay at the Poly.

The hard part was e-mailing Magical Journeys to cancel the WL and book the Poly. It was almost painful! But in the end we decided it was for the best ...and I closed my eyes and hit the send button.

So now I'm mourning over the loss of the WL and at the same time am really excited about staying at the Poly! So all you Poly fans out there, please convince me that we'll be okay at the Poly. I'm just a little nervous about staying there.

Thanks for listening!

splashtest
04-09-2007, 11:51 AM
Poly is the best hotel on Disney property IMO. Sitting on the beach sipping melon coladas is the die for. That hotel is serious my happy place. I'll be there on May 24th. You will have a wonderful time. Be sure to try Ohana's, the food is great. Kona cafe is also a great little place to eat. You have made the best choice there is to make!!! Have Fun!!!

mjaclyn
04-09-2007, 11:58 AM
You are SO Lucky!!! I haven't stayed at the Poly in years because the rates have just become SO expensive. I really hope to stay there again sometime soon because it's my favorite Disney resort. The Great Ceremonial House, the Volcano Pool, the Monorail, beautiful MK views...**SIGH** I wish I was staying there!

cinderella crazy
04-09-2007, 12:11 PM
You are SO Lucky!!! I haven't stayed at the Poly in years because the rates have just become SO expensive. I really hope to stay there again sometime soon because it's my favorite Disney resort. The Great Ceremonial House, the Volcano Pool, the Monorail, beautiful MK views...**SIGH** I wish I was staying there!

I know it must sound bad for me to say "poor me, I can't stay at the WL but I can at the Poly." :blush: It's fortunate that we have the option to go there. It so hard to switch resorts though once you've set your heart on one. We were looking forward to staying in the newly renovated rooms at WL and it holds a sentimental place in our hearts since that's where we spent our honeymoon. But we're always open to try new things so this will be a new adventure for us.:thumbsup:

CanadianWDWFan
04-09-2007, 12:12 PM
Poly beats WL hands down! IMO there is no comparison between the two. As mjaclyn said:

The Great Ceremonial House, the Volcano Pool, the Monorail, beautiful MK views
For these reasons alone it is a far better resort. If I could afford to, we would stay there averytime, although I might have a fight with my DW over the BWI!:D

You made a good choice, now just relax and enjoy your trip.

Lehman Family
04-09-2007, 02:08 PM
I've never stayed at the Poly or WL. My wife and I would love to try the Poly and I would love to try the WL as well (DW isn't so sure about WL though). Either way if you need a WL fix you can always go there and visit there and plan a meal or something that you did on your honeymoon at the WL.

threeh
04-09-2007, 02:19 PM
LOVE the Polynesian!! My family has stayed twice and will stay again any time. The theming is great, service is friendly and the MK view is amazing. I love walking around at night with the tiki torches and Polynesain music. The great Cerimonial house has some great places to eat and a good coffee bar as well. Being able to walk to TTC to hop on the monorail to EPCOT is really easy as well.
I could go on and on it is my favorite!!!

Google tikiman2001 and it will give you a really great Poly web site to help you see what you've gotten your self into:thumbsup:

Have fun, you've made a wise choice, now let the countdown begin and ENJOY!!!:papple:

vamaggie
04-09-2007, 02:45 PM
I've never stayed at the Poly or WL. My wife and I would love to try the Poly and I would love to try the WL as well (DW isn't so sure about WL though). Either way if you need a WL fix you can always go there and visit there and plan a meal or something that you did on your honeymoon at the WL.

I was going to suggest the same thing. We too are WL fans but are staying at Poly on our upcoming trip. We are planning on having dinner at WCC (kids love it) and spending some time in the WL atmosphere. Still, I am so looking forward to the Poly atmosphere (and memories of HI!) Have a great trip!

LudwigVonDrake
04-09-2007, 02:55 PM
I'm staying at the Poly for the first time in July and I can't wait :tikki: :tikki: :tikki:

castlelady36
04-09-2007, 03:05 PM
I am the complete oposite of you. I wanted to stay again at the Poly but my sister who is coming with us this year has never been to WDW and really wants to stay at WL. So I am thinking "I hope I like the WL as much as I do the Poly!!" Poly is fantastic!!! The transporation can't be beat and the grounds are beautiful!!!

cinderella crazy
04-09-2007, 03:20 PM
I am the complete oposite of you. I wanted to stay again at the Poly but my sister who is coming with us this year has never been to WDW and really wants to stay at WL. So I am thinking "I hope I like the WL as much as I do the Poly!!" Poly is fantastic!!! The transporation can't be beat and the grounds are beautiful!!!

Lol! Well I can definately tell you that we have really ejoyed our times at the WL. It's a completely different atmosphere but it's still very nice. As the day goes on I'm feeling better about our decision. I think we're really going to enjoy the Poly!

tink55
04-09-2007, 04:21 PM
I used to be hooked on the Epcot resorts and didn't want to try Poly. But when I finally did - I loved it! The rooms are huge, and the decor is all new, with flat screen TVs. The pool, the beach, and the view of MK are beautiful. And Kona Cafe is now our favorite place to eat in all of WDW.

Try it, you'll like it!

pogo
04-09-2007, 09:43 PM
We loved staying at the Poly last April. Every thing about the resort makes you feel like you are in the South Pacific. I promise you, you will love it ! :D

Spaceship Tigger
04-10-2007, 07:21 AM
The hard part was e-mailing Magical Journeys to cancel the WL and book the Poly. It was almost painful! But in the end we decided it was for the best ...and I closed my eyes and hit the send button.

I'm still glad that you had to do that instead of me!

The funny thing is that after losing the WL to the fact that no more courtyard or woods view rooms were available for our week, that the Poly was the only other thing that we really wanted for our budget. We didn't want to go back to the AKL because of the construction, and we didn't want standard view rooms at the YC or BC (too many bad views). And the GF and YC/BC water view are just too high. So we sort of fell into the Poly.

I'm sure we'll have a great time there though, and I'm sure we'll see the WL again soon enough... :D

Bruegge
04-10-2007, 11:52 AM
Don't forget the Poly had a big refurb just a year or two ago.. They got the 4star hotel rating back again. I've not been there since the refurb but I've heard it's great

Relax... you did the right thing.. Let us know what you thought...

Scott

Catzle
04-10-2007, 12:17 PM
We love the Poly and are the opposite with you. We are staying at the WL for the first time and I have a feeling we are going to really miss the Poly. I just love the atmosphere there. I can only say good things about the Poly. The grounds, the pools, the monorail, the rooms, the beach, the view of the castle, the fireworks, it's all the best! Your going to have the best time! I am hoping we are going to love the WL as much as the Poly.

Jeff G
04-10-2007, 02:53 PM
We did the WL last year and it's a great hotel but in our opinion the Poly is quite a bit better.

The Poly has the monorail, awesome themeing(especially at night), a great view of the MK(especially firworks), a great beach to sit on, a great pool and is so relaxing. Plus I have never seen a staff so friendly.

We stayed in the Tokelau building which is relatively close to the cermonial hoouse plus it butts up to the lagoon. We stayed there when my daughter was 2 and we would spend every night watching the MK fireworks from the Tokelau balcony while my DW rested with my infant son.

As a family with four kids the Poly is a little out of our budget range for the time being otherwise I would stay here every year.

Kristi Kay
04-10-2007, 04:21 PM
You will LOVE the Poly!

SBETigg
04-10-2007, 04:34 PM
I'm still glad that you had to do that instead of me!

The funny thing is that after losing the WL to the fact that no more courtyard or woods view rooms were available for our week, that the Poly was the only other thing that we really wanted for our budget. We didn't want to go back to the AKL because of the construction, and we didn't want standard view rooms at the YC or BC (too many bad views). And the GF and YC/BC water view are just too high. So we sort of fell into the Poly.

I'm sure we'll have a great time there though, and I'm sure we'll see the WL again soon enough... :D

What? DO my eyes deceive me? I never thought I would see the day... Spaceship Tigger(Mike) staying at the Poly!?! You're going to love it! I hope. We sure do. Have a fantastic trip!

Spaceship Tigger
04-10-2007, 07:11 PM
What? DO my eyes deceive me? I never thought I would see the day... Spaceship Tigger(Mike) staying at the Poly!?! You're going to love it! I hope. We sure do. Have a fantastic trip!

It wasn't my fault! I swear! It was all DW's doing!

Just kidding, of course.

I'm sure it will be great. As long as we get a balcony room. And don't face a parking lot. Don't worry, our requests have been made (Tokelau). :thumbsup:

SBETigg
04-11-2007, 06:46 AM
It wasn't my fault! I swear! It was all DW's doing!

Just kidding, of course.

I'm sure it will be great. As long as we get a balcony room. And don't face a parking lot. Don't worry, our requests have been made (Tokelau). :thumbsup:

The only thing I can imagine that might take some adjustment is having the resort spread out a little with the Great Ceremonial House in a separate building. With the WL, you're probably used to it all being in the same building, and maybe prefer that. But the grounds are lush and gorgeous and it is a joy to walk around, when it's not raining. ;)

Spending time on the beach(especially quiet mornings), having Kona so close for good coffee (which I bring to said beach), and enjoying the easy transport to MK and Epcot are my favorite things about the Polynesian, oh, and the atmosphere.