PDA

View Full Version : AAA? / AAA Did not work!

MattJenRocky
04-09-2007, 10:09 AM
My husband and I are going to POP in about 3 weeks however we just found out that had we mentioned our AAA account that we would have gotten a discount on our reservations. If we call will disney refund us or possibly upgrade us to something comprible to what we have already paid if we mention that we did not know we could use our AAA discount?
Help please!

Strmchsr
04-09-2007, 11:17 AM
:welcome: to Intercot!!

Yes, they should take care of that for you. Call whomever you booked through - Disney, TA, etc - and they should be able to fix that with no problems.

Here we go again...
04-09-2007, 11:19 AM
You should call now. There are only a certain number or rooms available with the AAA discount. If the discount is available they will credit your account. That way you will have a credit when you arrive... to spend on Disney stuff! :mickey:
It always makes me feel like I am getting something free. :cloud9:

Marker
04-09-2007, 11:56 AM
I have never used my AAA for a discount at Disney. How much of a discount does it give you? Is it only at Value resorts? Can you take advantage of it if making reservations online?

Here we go again...
04-09-2007, 01:40 PM
I have never used my AAA for a discount at Disney. How much of a discount does it give you? Is it only at Value resorts? Can you take advantage of it if making reservations online?

I have saved up to 20% off room rates. I have been able to get the savings on both value and deluxe (WL) so I would think it applies to all resorts.
I know that there were no standard rooms at WL available with the discount so I had to upgrade to a woods view. That was no problem because it was still cheaper than the standard room at regular price. Plus we had a view of the castle from our bed. :cloud9:

I do not know about getting the discount on line, I always used Melissa at Magical Journeys. :thumbsup:

thrillme
04-09-2007, 03:56 PM
How much is "AAA" when I went on-line it gave a series of different prices but they didn't say whether they were "monthly" or yearly.

Monthly "OWCH" but yearly it doesn't seem to be a bad deal.

Lily
04-09-2007, 07:54 PM
The two main packages are $54 or $89 per year. There is an additional fee for a spouse of like...$14.00 (I don't remember exactly). You can find the package details on their web site.

Here we go again...
04-09-2007, 08:32 PM
Yeah, the prices are yearly. Since I was taking at least 1 trip to Disney every year, it made since to join AAA. I was saving more for my reservation than I was paying for the yearly dues.

MattJenRocky
04-10-2007, 08:28 AM
:confused: So we called Disney last night to see if we could get the AAA hotel discount by refund/credit or upgrade our room for a price comprible to what we had allready paid. THey said that since we paid for a package, we would not be able to get the AAA discount for the hotel. I don't understand why.

Tink1
04-10-2007, 08:41 AM
In order to get a AAA discount on a package, you have to book direct with AAA.

If you are taking advantage of any promotional offer with Disney (ticket upgrade etc) your only allowed one discount per reservation.

Nanci

MattJenRocky
04-10-2007, 08:57 AM
I was told that if you mention AAA to Disney that they would give you a better rate as long as they had some of those rooms avail.
We did not get any discounts or special promos.:confused:

eeyoremom
04-10-2007, 09:07 AM
AAA is only good on room only if booking thru disney. To get a AAA rate on a package it must be booked thru AAA. We have never had a problem getting AAA rates on room only (as late as the day of), but packages must be booked thru AAA to get any discount. Have a good time anyway.

threeh
04-10-2007, 09:24 AM
If you go online you can find the 800 number to AAA travel. Call them and they can give you a quote. If it is less than 45 days out you cancel the ressie with Disney and book thru AAA (if the discount is enough). When are you going?? Will you be there for free dining??

Good luck!!!:mickey:

Tigerlilly
04-10-2007, 09:47 AM
Here was my experience with AAA.
We were offered the AAA package which was 15% off the room ONLY. Then when a Disney code came out for the time we will be there, that code was FAR better than the AAA offer. AAA told me that if we took the Disney code it would negate teh AAA offer. You could not stack them. But the Disney code was a BIGGER discount than the AAA one was so we took it and paid less money.

Sounds like you are trying to get a AAA rate ontop of what you have and that wont work.

CleveRocks
04-10-2007, 11:48 AM
Sorry if I'm repeating some things that have already been said, I just thought I'd put it all down in one place.

An AAA discount is not automatic. It's NOT like going to a store and flashing your card for a discount.

And first of all, it is true (as posted above) that if you book through WDTC the AAA discount is only applicable to room-only reservations; to book a package with an AAA discount you MUST book through AAA, no exceptions.

Disney sets aside only a certain number or certain percentage of rooms that are eligible for the AAA discount. I don't know the numbers, but I'll just make some up to illustrate. Let's just pretend that once CBR's occupancy rate (for your travel time) exceeds 80% that they no longer allow AAA discounts on rooms.

So let's follow this example (again, the numbers are imaginary, they're just for illustration). CBR has 2,112 rooms (that much I DO know). 80% of that is 1,689.6. So someone trying to book the 1,689th room can get the AAA discount. But if someone calls 30 seconds later about the same dates of stay and tries to use the AAA discount to book the 1690th room, they'll be told that the AAA discount can't be used.

So I respectfully disagree with Strmchsr's belief that you can just get the AAA discount applied with no problem. You can get the discount applied ONLY IF the "magic number" hasn't been exceeded for your resort and your class of room for your stay.

It's exactly the same way as it works with Disney-generated discount codes. If you have an existing reservation when a code comes out, it's not automatic that you can apply that code -- it'll only work if that code is available for your room type at your resort.

KylesMom
04-10-2007, 04:54 PM
We typically book 6-8 months in advance to ensure we receive the AAA discount on room-only, standard view @ WL. Magical Journeys got us turned on to this when A/P rates were dwindling and we weren't sure they would be offered. Of course they (A/P Discounts) weren't, and I think we saved around 10% in both July of '06 and June of '07. Not the 15-20% we're used to with A/Ps, but at least it's something. And it's well-worth the yearly membership fee, especially if you need to use it for roadside assistance in the middle of winter. :blush:

I must agree with CleveRocks - there are a certain amount of reservations allowed per resort and room class, and when they're gone, they're gone.

As previously mentioned, the agreement between Disney and AAA does not allow a full package (room + tickets) to be booked with AAA pricing. You must contact your local AAA office. The original poster wanted to know why. Just speculation, but if AAA allowed Disney to book packages directly through them, AAA wouldn't make any money on the deal. Why let Disney bypass them on the commission? There are always caveats and booking rules at Disney, this just happens to be one of them.