PDA

View Full Version : Best Spot to Watch SpectroMagic

hartherd
04-09-2007, 08:41 AM
Where is the best place to watch SpectroMagic?

16 days and counting!!! :party:

mrp4352
04-09-2007, 08:56 AM
We have two spots.

1) The first is if Spectro is before Wishes. We like to get in front of the castle, on the hub, facing the bridge to Liberty Square. The parade turns right there, so you get really good views. Not only that, but you've got prime Wishes spots near by - so as soon as the parade is past you, you can run to be front and center on the castle for Wishes. One downside to this location is that it requires a time investment - 45 minutes to an hour before Spectro during the off-season...

2) If Spectro is after Wishes, we mosey on over to Frontierland. (This is especially good on nights when there's two Spectros.) You can usually pull up a piece of ground 20-30 minutes before parade time and get right on the rope. If there's two Spectros, you can usually get prime viewing spots in this area up until parade time. There's an especially nice brick wall right by the stockades. :)

Marker
04-09-2007, 09:07 AM
I think I've always seen it somewhere along Main Street. I'm no longer watching it with little ones, so if I have to stand in the bad, that's ok. Although, I usually like to find a spot to sit right on the curb.

In March, we were in the shops on Main Street. With about 20 minutes to go, I just wandered out the door of the store and sat down on the curb, it was a great spot. After all, where better for a parade than right down Main Street.

Jared
04-09-2007, 09:20 AM
Every time someone asks a question about Magic Kingdom parades, some people suggest sitting in Frontierland or Liberty Square.

I disagree with that advice.

Parades are designed for Main Street, U.S.A. No other spot accurately portrays the atmosphere or theming of the event.

For SpectroMagic, arrive early and find a seat on the curb.

JPL
04-09-2007, 01:28 PM
While true Main Street is the ideal location to see the parades. I really enjoy watching them from Frontierland as well especially after I have seen them a few times. It's much more relaxing and much easier to get a nice clear view. This is really a to each his own type of thing. Here are MK Parade Preferences.

1. SpectroMagic - Frontierland
2. Parade of Dreams - Main Street
3. MVMCP - Main Street
4. MNSSHP - Main Street/ Froniterland

Mnchknbrat1982
04-09-2007, 02:48 PM
we always watch the parades at City Hall

castlelady36
04-09-2007, 03:29 PM
I guess it depends on how fast you want to get out afterwards. We always watch from main street and then have a great spot for Wishes as well as a quick exit for our little one and I think main street truly captures the magic of MK so we would not watch anywhere else. But I know watching from frontierland is less crowded and not so people deep. All in what you like....

AuntLaura
04-09-2007, 08:15 PM
I agree with FrontierLand. If you grab a spot on the pavement right by the pass through to Adventureland by the bathrooms, you'll have a great view of the parade coming at you as it passes by HoP and LTT. If you want to get pictures of the parade, it's great with an unobstructed view. Then after the parade has passed, you can go back through to Adventureland and head back to the castle area to watch WIshes and you'll only have to wait about 15 mintues before the fireworks to start.

Touchdown
04-10-2007, 01:05 AM
We usually catch a spot on the upper end of Main Street for the early show, then when the parade finishes, we pivot, move up into the hub and are in a perfect position to enjoy Wishes which is usually only 30-20 min away :mickey:

Nick Mc
04-10-2007, 01:24 AM
There are many locations that are good for watching Spectro.. If you get there early the best place is to watch it in Main Streety USA, around the train station.. the parade starts on Main Street so you will have plenty of time to go find an awesome spot for Wishes. if you adont have a lot of time before the parade i suggest frontierland because there is usualy a good spot to watch it from there. Wishes best viewing area would be right in the middle of the street inbetween Casey's Corner and the Ice Cream shop you can see everything from there!

hartherd
04-10-2007, 11:51 AM
Thanks everyone for your help!

Speedy1998
04-10-2007, 01:10 PM
I agree with FrontierLand. If you grab a spot on the pavement right by the pass through to Adventureland by the bathrooms, you'll have a great view of the parade coming at you as it passes by HoP and LTT. If you want to get pictures of the parade, it's great with an unobstructed view. Then after the parade has passed, you can go back through to Adventureland and head back to the castle area to watch WIshes and you'll only have to wait about 15 mintues before the fireworks to start.

:secret: SShhhh! we don't want to give away too many secrets. If you do, your (and in this case mine) tricks for getting the best viewing spots will not work anymore. :secret:

I watch all parades from Frontierland. I know 2 spots on the front row that for some reason do not have anyone sitting in them till the parades are coming down the street (and no it is not the area the CMs keep open for people to walk before the parade).

maizey05
04-10-2007, 08:58 PM
We like to watch Specto around liberty square. We watch it by the Christmas shop. There is an area that has a fence like thing that we either leaned up against or sat on.

caryrae
04-10-2007, 09:37 PM
Every time someone asks a question about Magic Kingdom parades, some people suggest sitting in Frontierland or Liberty Square.

I disagree with that advice.

Parades are designed for Main Street, U.S.A. No other spot accurately portrays the atmosphere or theming of the event.

For SpectroMagic, arrive early and find a seat on the curb.

We love to sit on the curb on Main Street also. One of my favorite parts is getting there early and watching the people and the CM who have stuff for kids to do sometimes while waiting for the parade. We go in the off season and find a spot on the curb 1 1/2 to sometimes 2 hours before the parade starts to get a good spot.

PeterPan
04-10-2007, 10:17 PM
One of the best places of all takes time and effort to claim - that is the TRAIN STATION PLATFORM. MAGNIFICENT views - breathtaking! Only draw back - you are little "removed." It is fun to sit on the curb and have the fishes swim up to you and wink. Other than that, EVERYONE should try the Train Station Platform at least ONCE>

indytraveler
04-11-2007, 10:18 AM
One more vote for Frontierland. We ususally have an ally who will stake claim to our spot and my job is to do BTMR and or HM. and get back in time to see the Parade. Our spots our usually right towards the end of the route so we get front row seating everytime.:thumbsup: