PDA

View Full Version : Special Package Offer 8/26/07 – 9/22/07 [Merged Threads]

Tink1
04-09-2007, 07:00 AM
General Public Offer - ZHU

Disney VISA offer - ZHQ

Booking dates: 4/09/07 – 6/24/07
Travel dates: 8/26/07 – 9/22/07

The Free Dining Promotion has been released today for everyone!. The dates are for check-ins 8/26/07-9/22/07. Book a MYW package and get free dining for your entire stay as long as you check in by 9/22

This will open to the general public on 4/12/07 and I will post that code once it releases.

Lily
04-09-2007, 07:03 AM
Thank you! It's finally here!

Spaceship Tigger
04-09-2007, 07:07 AM
Juat a plug for Magical Journeys here... I'm sitting here at work unable to personally do anything about the Free Dining annoucement. But I contacted Melissa at MJ in advance over the weekend and let her know that if it was offered to Disney Visa holders today that I wanted to change my reservation to it. Now I can sit here and know that they're taking care of it for me!

Crow
04-09-2007, 07:30 AM
I 2nd that plug for MJ!
I emailed Karen to book me a trip starting the 21st this am, even before i read the official word here. i checked email mayb an hr later as I was getting ready for work
and she had already responded to me.
She has booked several trips for me, one in May now the one in Sept.
these are my only vacations I take, my only things i spend money on and I dont have to stress w Karen and MJ watching out for me.:thumbsup:

DisneyLuvRSince76
04-09-2007, 07:43 AM
What is the special exactly?

Will we be paying rack rate and receiving the DDP for free?

Also, if you book now, how much of a deposit is required and is it refundable?

Thank you in advance for any details.

Jeff G
04-09-2007, 07:48 AM
Magical Journeys is the best:number1:. I just got an e-mail from Wendy that she converted my reservation to the free dining plan and it's only 6:30am. This is why I give MJ's info to all my friends!

Keep up the great work MJ!

jennifer99
04-09-2007, 07:49 AM
:mickey: What a wonderful way to wake up:thumbsup:
I will be calling to make our ressies shortly:party:
Thank you for the post:)

Sunshine1010
04-09-2007, 08:04 AM
I'm assuming that DVC members are exempt?.....

Tink1
04-09-2007, 08:07 AM
What is the special exactly? .

Special is Free Dining on a Magic Your Way Package.

Will we be paying rack rate and receiving the DDP for free? .

Yes

Also, if you book now, how much of a deposit is required and is it refundable? .

$200 deposit refundable up to 45 days prior to arrival. Deposit must be done at time of booking on a Disney VIsa for the ZHQ code. On Thursday it is open to everyone.

Nanc

Carol
04-09-2007, 08:08 AM
I'm assuming that DVC members are exempt?.....If using points - yes. The special is for guests booking a Magic Your Way Base package of 3 nights or more. If you don't use points and opt to pay rack rates for a room and a park pass then you are eligible.

I'd take a large villa with points over free dining any day. :thumbsup:

Sunshine1010
04-09-2007, 08:23 AM
It's kind of a bummer that I can't get the special if I use my points to get a room. (I'm also an AP member)....

....sniff sniff

tinksmom02
04-09-2007, 08:25 AM
Yay! I convinced DH that IF they ran free dining, we would be going back, and even contacted MJ for the first time...sent over my Disney Visa and WE ARE GOING BACK!!!!!!

Is it crazy that we were just there Jan into Feb and we're going back again in Sept? Prior to this, DH said he'd be ready to go back in Sept 2009, which is WAY too long to wait!

All I have to do now is get through work so I can come home and made ADR's!

YAY!!!!

magicofdisney
04-09-2007, 08:30 AM
Is it crazy that we were just there Jan into Feb and we're going back again in Sept?
Nope. We did a trip in Feb., doing another in May and now we'll have a week in Sept. also! With my large family of 6, staying in a value and getting this promo is EXCELLENT! :mickey:

jpcns50
04-09-2007, 08:39 AM
I'm so excited this was finally released!!! This is going to make our Honeymoon even more enjoyable.

On a side note, I'm also glad we have already booked 4 of our ADR's!!

Jerseychic
04-09-2007, 08:54 AM
I'm going to be soooo anxious waiting for my Magical Journey's TA to get back to me with new FD confirmation. I know she'll take care of it but gosh until I know it's official :unsure:

tlhewitt52
04-09-2007, 08:59 AM
If Disney Visa holders get first rights to this what is the chance that it will be sold out till Thursday when it is released to the rest of the public??? I called my AAA agent and told her I wanted to rebook when they offeed it to the public, but the article says if there is still space available. Could this Stay, Play and Dine package be gone by Thursday with the Visa Disney cardholders!!

Jerseychic
04-09-2007, 09:02 AM
Ok, I spoke to soon!!! Just got my confirmation form Debbie at MG, that I am booked for FD!!!! :thumbsup:

Ruprect
04-09-2007, 09:04 AM
If Disney Visa holders get first rights to this what is the chance that it will be sold out till Thursday when it is released to the rest of the public??? I called my AAA agent and told her I wanted to rebook when they offeed it to the public, but the article says if there is still space available. Could this Stay, Play and Dine package be gone by Thursday with the Visa Disney cardholders!!

I doubt it would be gone but I guess it depends on how many rooms they make available for the package. I remember 2 years ago we didn't book it until the last day it was offered so I would think there would be plenty of availability.

I'd like to give TerriSue at MJ a shout-out for emailing me at 7:30 this morning. I was able to book my airfare today for the flights I wanted and with my ADR's already setup this weekend we are in great shape. Now we just need to menally prepare for taking 3 kids (oldest 4) to DW for 8 nights. At least my MIL will be there to help us.:mickey:

DisneyCouple07
04-09-2007, 09:06 AM
I just found out about the free dining plan for packages from August 26 through September 22. I have already booked the package (almost a month ago) using my Disney Visa. My questions are— 1. our trip starts on the September 22, so would I be included?:unsure: and 2. does anyone know if they will upgrade packages that have already been booked (if I would be included)?:secret: Any help is greatly appreciated. :mickey:

RPHX2NC
04-09-2007, 09:35 AM
:cloud9: Another THANK YOU to MJ's Wendy. My reservation was updated to include free dining. I never had to contact them, they are the best!
So glad my ressie's were done early!:cloud9:

flying carpet
04-09-2007, 09:36 AM
BOOOOO

We are going for a week in September and staying at the Grand Floridian and was hoping that they would not do this so the parks would be quiet!

Rats oh well hopefully the place is not real crowded.

Mike

MidwestMulan
04-09-2007, 09:41 AM
Hi All!

Can you substitute a counter service meal in lieu of one of your sit down meals? We will be traveling with a 2 yr. old, so there may be days where even 1 sit down meal won't happen.
Also, we already booked and got a AAA room only discount rate. My husband thinks the meal plan will be too much hassle and confusion, so doesn't want to do it... any thoughts?

Thanks!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-09-2007, 09:44 AM
BOOOOO

We are going for a week in September and staying at the Grand Floridian and was hoping that they would not do this so the parks would be quiet!

Mike

I feel the same way. :hide2:
(Sorry guys, I know it is a wonderful deal for everyone, I used it the past two years, its just now that we joined DVC and are using points this year we can't use Free Dining).

To make you feel a little better. We have been going in September for years and the crowds in the parks are still low. The restaurants are busy but the lines are still very short.

We are hoping that it will be the same this year!! We will be there the 14th-22nd.

Wells
04-09-2007, 09:47 AM
This is a great deal!...We went last year during this promotion and had a wonderful time. But be forewarned, the lines at the restruants will be longer than the lines for any of the rides..book those ADR's as early as you can!

karenrarintogo
04-09-2007, 09:56 AM
I recently got off the phone after making my Sept. reservations with free dining. I was "on hold" at least 30 min. before I was able to talk to a reservations cast member, so they are BUSY. We'll be staying at Pop Century.
We're all set now, as I did our ADR's this past weekend and purchased our plane tickets yesterday.
Now the 5 month + wait!:mickey: :cloud9:

Wells
04-09-2007, 09:58 AM
Hi All!

Can you substitute a counter service meal in lieu of one of your sit down meals? We will be traveling with a 2 yr. old, so there may be days where even 1 sit down meal won't happen.
Also, we already booked and got a AAA room only discount rate. My husband thinks the meal plan will be too much hassle and confusion, so doesn't want to do it... any thoughts?

Thanks!

Yes you can use a TS credit for CS, but not the other way around...and just a suggestion from someone who had free dining last year, IMNOHO, you are better off using your TS credits for signature dining (two TS credits) and keeping a more open schedule. There were some attractions that we had to forego due to having to be somewhere for an ADR every day, usually at some odd time due to the avaiability of ADR's. Besides, TS,CS and a snack is a heck of a lot of food every day!

KODABEAR
04-09-2007, 10:02 AM
Thanks MJ!! Planning another great week at WDW in Sept. Eatting and shopping while DH and DS golf!! No problem getting ADR'S right now. MJ + free dining= no hassle!!:high5:

Jeff G
04-09-2007, 10:06 AM
I just found out about the free dining plan for packages from August 26 through September 22. I have already booked the package (almost a month ago) using my Disney Visa. My questions are— 1. our trip starts on the September 22, so would I be included?:unsure: and 2. does anyone know if they will upgrade packages that have already been booked (if I would be included)?:secret: Any help is greatly appreciated. :mickey:

To answer your questions:

1. Becasue you are checking in on the 22nd which is a valid day for this promotion it will carry over for the rest of your trip(up to 10 days).

2. You shuld be able to call and convert the current reservation you have to the promotion by calling and mentioning the discount code and since you used your Disney Visa you can do that today.

Good Luck!

MMouse6937
04-09-2007, 10:54 AM
WOO HOO

Just got my email from Debbie at MJs...that was fantastic!! So nice to not have to worry about it, just know that they have taken care of it! I'm also glad I got all my ADRs done.

Also, to those of you that are worried about the parks being busier because of the free dining, we have been there before it was offered (free or otherwise) and when it was offered for free. I didn't feel that the parks were that busy, or that the ride waits were any longer than we had experienced before. Of course the sit down restaurants were busier, but that's why we planned ahead for our ADRs. Sure, you will have people that will just go in Sept because of the free dining offer, but I don't think those people will make a significant difference in crowds.

It finally feels real!! We are going to WDW!! YEA!!! :number1:

BMan62
04-09-2007, 11:17 AM
I'm glad someone has the information on this. I went out to my Chase Disney Visa account and there is no mention of any offers at this time. I double checked it at 11am and it still shows --

"We were unable to complete your request at this time. There are no offers available for your account at this time. For more information, please contact Customer Service. Customer Service support is available 7 days a week, 24 hours per day."

Lily
04-09-2007, 11:23 AM
That Disney Visa offer page at Chase has been messed up for awhile. I doubt it will reflect the offer any time soon.

Good thing there's Intercot to keep us informed!

DisneyCouple07
04-09-2007, 11:44 AM
Thanks Jeff, I'll be calling it in on my lunch break. :mickey:

mjaclyn
04-09-2007, 11:53 AM
I'd take a large villa with points over free dining any day. :thumbsup:

I agree - DH and I booked our September WDW vacation about a month ago and rented points to stay at BCV. We're getting AP's and the DDP - I just looked at what it would have cost for us to do this with the free dining and by using points we're saving over $1000 even though we're paying for the DDP. I think the Free Dining Package makes more sense if you're going to be staying at a value or moderate resort. Paying rack rates for the Deluxe Resorts is SO expensive!!

sleepingbooty
04-09-2007, 11:58 AM
I just wanted to say thanks to Jean at Magical Journeys! For the third year in a row, she was able to get us the free dining special, and we didn't have to do a thing. When I woke up this morning at 7:00, there was already an email from her saying the special came out this morning and she'd already converted my reservation. How's that for customer service!
Three cheers for Magical Journeys! Hip Hip Hooray!:thumbsup:

Lucille
04-09-2007, 12:17 PM
Although DH and I have taken advantage of this offer for the past few years, we won't be able to this year.

We had such a good time - I hope it works out for all of you!!! :mickey: :mickey:

bigpapiortiz34
04-09-2007, 12:21 PM
1. Becasue you are checking in on the 22nd which is a valid day for this promotion it will carry over for the rest of your trip(up to 10 days).

What about doing the same thing on the other end. School starts on the 28th, and the promotion starts on the 26th. What if our reservation ends on the 26th (or 27th) but starts on say the 22nd? Do we still get to take advantage of the deal?

Its either going to be returning to Disney (for the 164th time) for the free dining, or a lavish trip to Europe. Undecided at this point, but being excluded from the free dining would make that decision a lot easier.

Lucille
04-09-2007, 12:28 PM
Although DH and I have taken advantage of this offer for the past few years, we won't be able to this year.

We had such a good time - I hope it works out for all of you!!! :mickey: :mickey:

disneyfan369
04-09-2007, 12:42 PM
What about doing the same thing on the other end. School starts on the 28th, and the promotion starts on the 26th. What if our reservation ends on the 26th (or 27th) but starts on say the 22nd? Do we still get to take advantage of the deal?

No, you don't. I wondered the same thing (we're leaving three days after the promotion starts), but I was told that it's only valid for people who arrive on or after August 26th. You can make two different reservations to take advantage of the free dining, if you wanted. But it seems a bit complicated for only a day or two.

Carol
04-09-2007, 01:13 PM
You can make two different reservations to take advantage of the free dining, if you wanted. But it seems a bit complicated for only a day or two.Plus the the promotion is only valid for vacations of 3-nights or longer.

Here we go again...
04-09-2007, 01:27 PM
BOOOOO

Mike
We went last year during the free dining and we were quite surprised to see that the parks were not nearly as busy as I expected them to be. There was an increase in the crowd, but not anything that made us feel like it was a mistake to go at that time of the year.

I recently got off the phone after making my Sept. reservations with free dining. I was "on hold" at least 30 min. before I was able to talk to a reservations cast member, so they are BUSY. We'll be staying at Pop Century.
We're all set now, as I did our ADR's this past weekend and purchased our plane tickets yesterday.
Now the 5 month + wait!:mickey: :cloud9:
You might want to consider Magical Journeys for your next trip. All you do is email them with the information and they do all the phone work. You get the same exact prices as you would if you call Disney yourself, thier commission is paid by Disney. All of the people that work for MJ are absolutely wonderful.

Mary Poppins fan
04-09-2007, 02:21 PM
Just got off the phone booking our annual Labor Day Get-Away. Boy, was that a lot of work! :medic: Wait times were outrageous this morning, but I only waited about 10 minutes for a CM this afternoon. Now let's put all our thoughts together for lower airfares!

Mnchknbrat1982
04-09-2007, 02:38 PM
I emailed the travel agency last night when I saw this posted on all ears. However, I couldn't use my TA as she is out for surgery, but she had gave me a name and email of who to contact. So this Am Ruby emailed me back so I am in under free dining right now. Still staying at Pop Century. As I am waiting to here what the increase would be to upgrade to a moderate. But right now it is saving us 229.50 for a total cost of $1055.26 for 2 of us for 4 day park hopper, free dining, and 5 night stay

aimlyles
04-09-2007, 02:57 PM
We made reservations through AAA with the dining option back in Feb for a trip 8/25 - 9/2. We called back today and had to rebook a room for one night 8/25 and then another for 8/26 - 9/2 to get the free dining. We did lose the AAA discount on the room but in the end it saved us about $316 considering it was going to cost over $700 for 2 adults and 1 child for the dining plan we're happy. We've already made our ADR's back in Feb so I'm really excited!

Donald Duck
04-09-2007, 03:21 PM
Nancy,

I am arriving on 8/20 and staying until 8/27. Would I be eligible for the free dinning ?

Thanks.

Donald Duck

tarheelgirl128
04-09-2007, 03:27 PM
Eventhough the dining plan ends on 9/22/07 as long as your arrival date is by 9/22 you can still get the free dining plan for upto 10days beyond the 22nd. If you have already booked a trip with dining...you can still call disney and get a credit for the free dining as long it is still available at the resort you are staying at.:mickey:

1st trip WDW 1973 offsite
2nd trip WDW 1984 offsite
3rd trip WDW 1986 offsite
4th trip WDW 1989 offsite
Disneyland 1990 offsite
5th trip WDW 1997 Caribbean Beach
Disneyland Paris 1997
6th trip WDW 2003 All Star Movies
7th trip WDW 2005 Pop Century
8th trip WDW Sept 2007 Pop Century

mjaclyn
04-09-2007, 03:34 PM
BOOOOO

Mike

:ditto: Sorry, guys but I've been planning DD's first trip for September since last December and I was really hoping for no free dining this year. September has always been a great time to go but the last couple of years it's been crowded and next to impossible to get into any restaurants unless you make ADR's 180 days out. I have to agree with Mike.

Carol
04-09-2007, 03:41 PM
Nancy,
I am arriving on 8/20 and staying until 8/27. Would I be eligible for the free dinning ?
No.

The promotion starts on 8/26. Your check in date must be on or after that date - up until 9/22.

Tink1
04-09-2007, 04:10 PM

Unfortunately, it does not work in this direction.

You have to check in on or after the 26th of Aug, or on or before the 22nd of Sept.

Your trip can run over at the end but cannot start earlier than the 8/26

Nanci

crazeedizneefinatic
04-09-2007, 05:32 PM
Being a Disney Visa card holder I began working with my travel agent at around 10a.m. this morning. We had to bump up to a moderate resort, Caribbean Beach to get anything and could not even get preferred room location! Everything was sold out! Did anyone else encounter this? I talked to Disney a short while ago and was told that they got such an overwhelming response today that no other rooms were held back for the public (rumored to be realeased on Thursday) and the only way I was able to get Pop Century for the week of 9-21 to 9-30 was if someone cancelled their reservation. Can anyone confirm this? I so badly want to stay at POP. Anyone have any predictions? Just wondering.:ill:

ravsluvdisney
04-09-2007, 05:33 PM
We stayed at CBR in Nov 2005 with our then 6 & 4 year old boys and they loved it. There are alot of playgrounds, a nice pool, the beach and hammocks are really nice and relaxing and the tropical theme is really fun. The food court is also really good with a lot of kid friendly choices. If your 6 year old is anything like mine was he/she will definitely like CBR. Don't stress and have a great trip!:thumbsup:

caryrae
04-09-2007, 05:35 PM
I asked a question about which moderate for 2 adults and 1 child (6 year old girl) a few days ago. If you want to see the poll and look at the responses look here. http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=100822

Jeri
04-09-2007, 05:36 PM
We stayed here in 2004 and our kids loved it. We were in Jamacia so we had to go across the bridge to get to the food court. I thought the walk was very short, and the kids liked to stop and watch the turtles and fish. They also loved feeding the turtles, fish, and ducks.

I think it is very nice resort, in fact we are going back this October again.
I wouldn't worry to much. I think your child will like it as will you.
Some people say it is real big but I never felt like it was. I don't think I would pay for a prefered room. I like the walk to the food court and pool.

Hope you have a great trip.

kathiep
04-09-2007, 05:42 PM
Your 6 year old will love it.

We were there last September with a 3 1/2 year old and a 21 month old.

There were a lot of families with young kids around, so you definately won't be in the minority.

My kids loved all the bright colors and the main pool's slide.

The food court was fun and relaxed with lots of food choices for the kids.

I'm sure they'll also love the arcade.

Gotta Love Eeyore
04-09-2007, 05:56 PM
:confused: I am confused as well. I thought the Free DDP offer was only good for travel through 9/22. Why would that affect travel the week after?

Eddie Wallace
04-09-2007, 06:02 PM
Question 1. If -and when- free dining option is open to the public, can only Disney-Visa card holders take advantage?? Was planning to take family in October, but with this free dining option may want to try to move up our vacation plans. By the way - brand new to the board and I am truly amazed with all the advice I have already gained from reading other threads.

Question 2. Local travel agent looked up DW vacation packages - I was thinking they would find me better rates - turned out it would be cheaper for me to make trip reservations myself through disneyworld.com I read threads bragging about magic journey travel agency. Do they also assist with airfare as part of vacation packages or just room and park tickets?? I am sure other questions will follow but again thank you in advance as this has become a very helpful sight for me and my family.

kathiep
04-09-2007, 06:10 PM
I can't answer your second question, but as to the first, as of Thursday, it will be open to the general public; disney visa or not.

kathiep
04-09-2007, 06:12 PM
If it helps anyone, we didn't book until June last year and were able to get a room at CRB an receive the free dining.

The original offer was due to expire but was extended for booking dates through the end of June.

Crow
04-09-2007, 07:12 PM
Thanks to Karen at MJ. she got me booked at Pop for 6 nights starting Sept 21. then i asked for 2 nights at WL even though i know i wont get the dining for those nights. she got me a AAA discount for WL and heres hoping for a room only discount for those later!
Figured since the dining is good til midnite of day of checkout ill still b using it that day.
Karen & MJ are great:number1:

Carol
04-09-2007, 07:42 PM
:confused: I am confused as well. I thought the Free DDP offer was only good for travel through 9/22. Why would that affect travel the week after?If you check in on 9/22 you get the special for the duration of your trip. Many people stay for 7-10 days. Therefore the special can still be used the following week.

crazypoohbear
04-09-2007, 07:55 PM
Well I'm thrilled about the free dining. I was thinking I wouldn't be able to join my sister's this year because I had to buy a new van and money is really tight.
I just emailed Wendy at MJ to book us for 5 nights. I'm taking my 2 son's and their friend who's a huge Disney fanatic! The best part is he is a very well behaved boy and has no problem including the 12 year old in everything.:number1:

I also convinced my sister's to change their plans. Initially they were going to Aug 15-25 staying at the swan.
After talking with them they have decided that they couldn't really afford the 10 nights either so with some finagling we are all going at the same time. Doing the math really saved one sister a ton of money! They won't be there for as long but will be coming back less broke!;)

I just hope we can get some of the ADR's we want. We just need to be flexible and pray that it all works out!
Thanks Disney!

Lori W.
04-09-2007, 08:09 PM
Funny that I see compliments about the same travel agent that told me today that she wouldn't send me a quote when the deals were announced because she was too busy with her current customers. I will not be booking a trip through this agent or recommending them to others.:mad:

Tink1
04-09-2007, 08:25 PM
HI Lori

If your traveling during a period that we have rates for, we are more than happy to give you a price quote.

If your looking for specials that are not yet released (or anticipating a release) or for rates beyond 12/31/07, it is really very hard for us to keep list after list of people.

We have many many people who wants us to notify them of specials, AP rates, 2008 rates-logistically it is not possible. The agent could have lied and said "sure" and then never contacted you, but she was honest in her answer rather than stringing you along. Sorry.

A discount code was released today by Disney. On these days, we have to dedicate ourselves to those who have entrusted their vacations to us. I am sure you would expect the same treatment if it was your vacation that needed adjusting.

Nanci

Jeff G
04-09-2007, 09:38 PM
Question 1. If -and when- free dining option is open to the public, can only Disney-Visa card holders take advantage?? Was planning to take family in October, but with this free dining option may want to try to move up our vacation plans. By the way - brand new to the board and I am truly amazed with all the advice I have already gained from reading other threads.

Question 2. Local travel agent looked up DW vacation packages - I was thinking they would find me better rates - turned out it would be cheaper for me to make trip reservations myself through disneyworld.com I read threads bragging about magic journey travel agency. Do they also assist with airfare as part of vacation packages or just room and park tickets?? I am sure other questions will follow but again thank you in advance as this has become a very helpful sight for me and my family.

:welcome: Welcome to Intercot:welcome:

To answer your 2nd part, local travel agents generally are unaware of discounts offered by WDW. By using MJ(who doesn't have any fees) you get a travel expert on Disney. They get pre-release info for upcoming discounts and can be well prepared to assist you get the most for your vacation dollar. For us the best part is we book our rooms at rack rates well in advance and as soon as the discounts come out MJ's converts our reservation to the promotion. We've been traveling to WDW for 10+ years and booked our first two trips with a local travel agent. After the 2nd trip I found Intercot and became familiar with the many different discounts and codes needed I realized that I could save hundreds of dollars by booking the trips myself. For 6-7 years I was able to watch closely for these promotions and get great dels myself.

Four years ago MJ's started being plugged on Intercot so I gave them a whirl. On my last three trips plus this coming trip we'll have gotten the best package price available with nothing more than a simple e-mail to Wendy @ MJ on our dates and hotel of choice. She does the rest.

The best part is the rates you get when you book with MJ is the same rate you get through Disney direct. I know many who sat on hold for a hour or more getting this promo while I sat back and Wendy had it for me by 6:30am CDT.

MJ's doesn't handle the air but with the discounts they can and do obtain it's worth the extra hassel of looking for a flight.

Whether you move your trip up to take advantage of this special or you wait until October, which I'm sure there will be some sort of discount for, I would highly recommend you give MJ a shot.

tinksmom02
04-09-2007, 09:48 PM
"I'd like to give TerriSue at MJ a shout-out for emailing me at 7:30 this morning."

Ditto that! I emailed MJ last night (LATE) to get a price, and TerriSue got right back to me. I sent over my info and went to bed. This am I couldn't resist popping online before work and voila! She'd booked our trip before 7:30! Got my confirmation email when I got home from work, and we're all set. Well, I still need to get airfare, but...

As for concerns about ADR's, I called 3pm EST today and was able to get everything I wanted, at the times I wanted, except for (of course) LeCellier...had to settle for an 11:30 am lunch on our departure day...will I ever be able to eat dinner there??? :mickey:

Bethanymouse
04-09-2007, 09:58 PM
I am so very excited about this promo! We are going from August 20- 31. With free dining from the 26th on! Cant wait!:mickey:

Eddie Wallace
04-09-2007, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

I believe the idea of giving MJ a shot and searching for a flight myself is at least something to check out. My family is on a budget, but I do not want the effort to find the most cost efficient vacation package to take away any part of "the magic". I am confident by finding INTERCOT, I am well on my way to booking the vacation I am trying to obtain for the family. Thanks everyone!

Laren
04-09-2007, 10:37 PM
Please may I ask a question to those with experience with lots of Disney packages? I'm scared.:(

I'm a disney vacation planning veteran. We have more than 40 family trips under our belt in my lifetime! But I've never done a package until today, and because my husband wanted free dining so badly.

I felt so overjoyed, we got the room of our dreams at the resort we wanted, then I saw this clause on the reservation online that the CM never mentioned to me. It says that the rates are subject to change until the package is paid in full.

Has anyone ever seen rates go up significantly on a package between the time the person booked it, paid the deposit and paid in full??? I talked to a CM tonight who told me about some small tax hike they had last year that effected packages not paid in full but she swore she's never seen a major hike in rate happen to a guest before they paid off.

But I'm so nervous. I want to pay in full right now but 4100.00 all at once is a lot of money.

Can the package veterans say anything that can calm my frazzled nerves?

Thanks for any info you can share...

Laren

lilmattie13
04-10-2007, 12:06 AM
Hi everyone.
I contacted MJ after reading all the suggestions. (I usually book vaca's through my local TA)
Terriesue got back to me immediately, even with all thats going on :thumbsup:
She gave me a quote without air and insurance. I emailed back to her requesting air and insurance if possible but now I read on intercot here that they do not do air. Is that correct?
Not that I am afraid to get my own air if need be however I am a bit concerned about having no inusrance on the trip if something happens.
We always opt for the insurance on vacations.
Does anyone have suggestions about booking the airfare seperately?
What methods have others done when booking through MJ?
Thanks for all your input. Everyone is so great on here.:mickey:

Mickey's Pal
04-10-2007, 12:25 AM
... I talked to a CM tonight who told me about some small tax hike they had last year that effected packages not paid in full but she swore she's never seen a major hike in rate happen to a guest before they paid off.

Hi Laren-

There was a small tax increase last year for one of the value resorts which sits in a different county. I believe the rate increase was .5% (from 12.5% to 13%), and applied to the room rate only (not the theme park tickets- which are 6.5%). This was an entertainment tax increase (not done by Disney, but by the county)... And I think it's for reasons like that, that the CM just wanted to "cross the t's and dot the i's". ;)

Hope that helps. I'm sure someone else will be along to add to your question. IM me if I can be of any more help.

jmgall
04-10-2007, 04:53 AM
I was just wondering what does not qualify, I am booked at AKL conceirge and was told by MJ that it was not available, must be because of the conceirge? :(

Spaceship Tigger
04-10-2007, 07:06 AM
Strangely enough, since yesterday we've gone from the WL to the Poly. :confused:

When Melissa at MJ went to change our WL courtyard view room for the Free Dining, she found that all regular (non-bunk bed) courtyard and woods view rooms were booked at the WL that week (at least for Free Dining available rooms). We didn't want a standard room, and I refused to pay $25 more per night for a bunk bed that my DS may not sleep in very well. So we were 'forced' to upgrade to the Poly, which I'm sure many people aruond here would say was a good choice.

That's the third time we've changed resorts for this trip, but I think we're finally set now...

Tink1
04-10-2007, 07:30 AM
Hi everyone.
I contacted MJ after reading all the suggestions. (I usually book vaca's through my local TA)
Terriesue got back to me immediately, even with all thats going on :thumbsup:
She gave me a quote without air and insurance. I emailed back to her requesting air and insurance if possible but now I read on intercot here that they do not do air. Is that correct?
Not that I am afraid to get my own air if need be however I am a bit concerned about having no inusrance on the trip if something happens.
We always opt for the insurance on vacations.
Does anyone have suggestions about booking the airfare seperately?
What methods have others done when booking through MJ?
Thanks for all your input. Everyone is so great on here.:mickey:

They made a change to Disney Insurance:
If you add the Disney Insurance onto your package and book your air seperately both components are covered. The insurance is non-refundable, so we normally quote without it and add it if you decide you do want it.

Nanci

Tink1
04-10-2007, 07:32 AM
I was just wondering what does not qualify, I am booked at AKL conceirge and was told by MJ that it was not available, must be because of the conceirge? :(

All specials released by Disney are capacity controlled. If the concierge rooms at AKL were already heavily booked for your time period, they did not have reason to discount them.

Nanc

Crow
04-10-2007, 07:39 AM
Strangely enough, since yesterday we've gone from the WL to the Poly. :confused:

When Melissa at MJ went to change our WL courtyard view room for the Free Dining, she found that all regular (non-bunk bed) courtyard and woods view rooms were booked at the WL that week (at least for Free Dining available rooms). We didn't want a standard room, and I refused to pay $25 more per night for a bunk bed that my DS may not sleep in very well. So we were 'forced' to upgrade to the Poly, which I'm sure many people aruond here would say was a good choice.

That's the third time we've changed resorts for this trip, but I think we're finally set now...
guess everyones going for WL...
i asked Karen for 6 nights Pop on free dining then 2 nights WL standard just AAA discount. the only view available was courtyard which is a little more than i wanted to pay..i took it for now but hope a better room discount comes along..
and i wouldnt mind trying Poly..just cant swing that much $$$
good luck everyone. make sure you use MJ as they will look out for you

DisneyCouple07
04-10-2007, 09:02 AM
Called yesterday and updated out ressies. Thank you Intercot staff (and members) for all the info on the deal. :thumbsup: I just wish that I would have known about it last year for our honeymoon (the Disney CM asked why we didn't do it-we just didn't know). Does anyone know if Visa sends out any mailings to let cardholders know (I usually get all the mailings on specials and discount offers, but have never gotten any literature on this discount—if it wasn't for joining intercot I wouldn't have known)?. Anyways, thanks again for all the wonderful info. :mickey:

Santuitman
04-10-2007, 09:23 AM
I have to give another thumbs up for MJ. I was unable to contact them first thing yesterday as we had a medical emergency. When I finally had a few minutes in the afternoon to get online and ask to get our package booked Karen took care of us. She even took the time to send me a quick email saying she was currently on the phone to Disney but would be able to get us in as well. As of today when I was able to recheck my mail we're all booked!!!

THANKS MJ and Karen:thumbsup:

Lori W.
04-10-2007, 10:44 AM
I wasn't asking any agent to guess at what the rates or discounts would be. I simply asked if when the rates came out for the timeframe I had in mind if a quote could be sent.All of my information had already been provided. I still don't see how that could be a problem.

By the way, another travel agency provided a ball park figure without telling me they were too busy for me and explained perfectly well that it was just a ball park.

Santuitman
04-10-2007, 10:59 AM
DisneyCouple07asked..."Does anyone know if Visa sends out any mailings to let cardholders know"
I got an email from Disney Visa Rewards yesterday about 6pm Eastern time. It is actually one of the few times I have gotten any correspondence , aside from the bill!!, from them.

Brian

disneynarula
04-10-2007, 11:30 AM
We booked as well. I wanted to book through MJ but Dh just went ahead and called WDW directly because it was so late in the evening. We are staying at All Star Sports. I have not stayed at a value for a long time. Between our disney rewards points and the free dining we are only going to end up paying about $500 out of pocket for the whole trip.

The only drawback was a very non magical castmember at CR. After sitting on hold for about half an hour (I expected this) we finally got through and made the ressies. Then i went to give her our cc number and she said it was invalid. I was really:mad: because
I knew this was not the case. I asked her if she was trying to put it in as a rewards redemtion card and not a visa and she denied this. I asked her to check with someone else and she refused because she said that they close at ten and that she needed to take other phone calls from people who could pay right now. I was so floored by this. I knew if I hung up I would never get the package the next day. So I insisted that she call a supervisor. Turns out she was putting it in as a rewards redemption card.

It all turned out okay. But I( am still shocked by the lack of service.

January-2007
04-10-2007, 11:59 AM
I actually had the coolest CMs help me. Very nice, very fun to talk to, and most importantly, very helpful! The dates that I wanted to go on our trip were all ready unavailable by the time I got on the computer yesterday. Like some of you know I didn't get off work until 4, and on top of that my DH called me as I was driving home to come pick him up because he was off work early. Of all days, right? So from 5-6 I was on the phone making and changing reservations, getting everything all set. Very exciting!

I held out for Pop Century. They had availability at two of the All Stars resorts for the dates I wanted, but I just wasn't interested. First I ended up with the same amount of time (7 nights) just starting the trip two days sooner. Then I hung up and went to talk to DH... and he agreed that since he'd only be able to work the first two days of the week, that YES, we could stay longer and leave the weekend before. So now we are staying for 11 nights! Longest trip ever! All that was available was Preferred, but that's really all right, because DH really wanted to be close to the main building anyway.

I am just so :D over this, you know? It's going to be our last trip for a good long time, and we will really have the chance to live it up! 11 nights, Pop Century Preferred room, 1 day base tickets for DH and me (since we have APs), and FREE Dining Plan, total $1,313.44. Couldn't be happier.

Thanks everyone !!! Intercot ROCKS!!! :cloud9:

tlhewitt52
04-10-2007, 02:49 PM
Quick Question if these hotels are filling up and it wasn't opened to the public yet what is the chance of someone who already had reservations getting rebooked with this free plan. We are staying at POP for 7 nights from Spt 15-22. I called and told my travel agent when this package becomes available I wanted to rebook even if we had to switch value resorts do you think this will still be available!!

lilmattie13
04-10-2007, 03:15 PM
Thanks so much NAnci and TerrieSue for getting back to me with all my questions.
I am planning to book soon.
One more quick queston though.
IS there really a difference between the preferred rooms vs the standard rooms? We will be asking for a first floor if possible because my mom is in a wheelchair but wanted to know if there was a difference worth paying for.
Thanks again :mickey:

Mnchknbrat1982
04-10-2007, 03:26 PM
Quick Question if these hotels are filling up and it wasn't opened to the public yet what is the chance of someone who already had reservations getting rebooked with this free plan. We are staying at POP for 7 nights from Spt 15-22. I called and told my travel agent when this package becomes available I wanted to rebook even if we had to switch value resorts do you think this will still be available!!

Yeah there will still be rooms available. They have a set amount of rooms set aside for the public and another set amount set aside for Visa holders

tlhewitt52
04-10-2007, 03:34 PM
Are you sure of this because the way it seems that if they book enough rooms then it will not be open to the pucblic in an early reponse hear on this thread. It's great if they do do this because I am in line for Thursday when the public can book!!

Tink1
04-10-2007, 03:43 PM
Thanks so much NAnci and TerrieSue for getting back to me with all my questions.
I am planning to book soon.
One more quick queston though.
IS there really a difference between the preferred rooms vs the standard rooms? We will be asking for a first floor if possible because my mom is in a wheelchair but wanted to know if there was a difference worth paying for.
Thanks again :mickey:

If you have mobility issues, the preferred rooms are closer to the main buildings. What it is worth is only what someone thinks it is worth. When I stay at CBR, I do like the preferred rooms for the location.

Nanc

grego77
04-10-2007, 04:36 PM
Intercot is amazing. I just found out about this website this weekend. I have been hooked since. I found out about this deal, and had to be a part of it...even though I'm going to be down this May. :mickey:

MJ is INCREDIBLE! I had an amazing conversation with Nanci this morning, and then Debbie emailed me with all the information I could ever need. I look to be all set *cross your fingers* for Sept 6-11 with my aunt at the AMAZING Coronado Springs Resort.
Now I just need to hold my breath for around 30+hrs till Thurs AM. :cool:

DisneyCouple07
04-10-2007, 04:44 PM
Hey Santuitman- I kinda feel the same way. The only thing is I get actual mail (not just emails) that tell me about new movie openings or giving me info when the next dvd is coming out, clothing sale, etc. Occasionally I'll get a newsletter and they will have some stuff that I'm interested in-but it's usually a day late and a dollar short (but the bill always makes it on time, strange). I'm just happy that I was able to get in on this deal, and again, have to thank Intercot for the info. :mickey:

Flower
04-10-2007, 06:06 PM
DH and I both have AP's. I understand with the free dining we would have to pay rack rate for the room - that is okay.

With the base magic your way ticket, does it have to be an ADULT pass? Our 3 year old will need a ticket this time around, so, could we:
Pay rack rate for the room and use a childs MYW ticket length of stay pass in order to get the free dining?

I just don't know if it would be worth it for us as we already have the DDE anyway, along with adult AP's.

Tink1
04-10-2007, 06:44 PM
Flower, every person in the room must have at least a one day base ticket. You can then upgrade your child ticket to whatever your child needs. You can save your 2 adult one day base tickets for future use.

Nanci

Crow
04-10-2007, 08:22 PM
Intercot is amazing. I just found out about this website this weekend. I have been hooked since. I found out about this deal, and had to be a part of it...even though I'm going to be down this May. :mickey:

MJ is INCREDIBLE! I had an amazing conversation with Nanci this morning, and then Debbie emailed me with all the information I could ever need. I look to be all set *cross your fingers* for Sept 6-11 with my aunt at the AMAZING Coronado Springs Resort.
Now I just need to hold my breath for around 30+hrs till Thurs AM. :cool:
Welcome to Intercot!
yes Intercot and MJ are both amazing
i see you like CS. ill b there in 50 days again.

grego77
04-10-2007, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the welcoming! :D

Not that I'm an expert by any means...but I LOVE EVERYTHING about the Coronado...it screams RELAXATION and PARADISE to me, and even though I don't spend a huge amount of time there when I visit, to me the Coronado is one of the things that is DISNEY to me personally.:mickey:

jedigrrrl
04-10-2007, 09:34 PM
Is it crazy that we were just there Jan into Feb and we're going back again in Sept?

We went: Jan06, March06, May06, June06, Sept06, Oct06, Dec06, Jan07, Feb07.

If you're crazy, what does that make me?
;) :mickey:

Mom2princesses
04-10-2007, 10:38 PM
Can I ask a silly question? How much do you save per day with the free dining plan? How much for an Adult and for a child does the dining plan cost per day? Unfortunately we will miss this offer because we arrive on 8/25. I am just curious on how much we wont save. Ahhh call me a gluton for punishment!

Thanks!
Going to WDW 8/07

dyin tago
04-11-2007, 12:06 AM
we went last september for 14 nights with the free dining and our mouths are watering to repeat it again this september!

what more can you ask for,the best vacation place on earth and food to match:mickey:
for those of you who haven`t done the dining plan you are in for a treat!

Mnchknbrat1982
04-11-2007, 12:34 AM
Can I ask a silly question? How much do you save per day with the free dining plan? How much for an Adult and for a child does the dining plan cost per day? Unfortunately we will miss this offer because we arrive on 8/25. I am just curious on how much we wont save. Ahhh call me a gluton for punishment!

Thanks!
Going to WDW 8/07

It is 38.99/day per adult and I believe $10 for a child

Spaceship Tigger
04-11-2007, 07:36 AM

Well, what happened to us is that our agent at MJ tried to switch us from a courtyard view room at WL to a new courtyard view room for free dining and found that all courtyard and woods view rooms for the special were booked. And this was only a few hours after the free dining annoucement was made Monday morning. We switched over to the Polynesian and apparently there were plenty of available free dining rooms there.

It would be interesting to see exactly how many rooms are available at each resort for various specials like free dining, AP, AAA, etc.

Flower
04-11-2007, 07:48 AM
Thanks Nanci,

I looked into it a little more last night and I think that for us it would be best to stick with our original plans and go with the AP rate, provided it is available when we travel.

We are planning to travel with another couple though and I will tell them about the free dining plan and see if they want to move our vacation dates up a week or two so they can take advantage of it!

Olga
04-11-2007, 08:16 AM
What is the probability that they'll open free dining plan for general puplic tomorrow (taking into account that some Resorts are already packed)? When can I start to call them to upgrade my current reservation?

dyin tago
04-11-2007, 09:43 AM
I`m no expert so someone else may add input mom2princesses,but couldn`t you change to a one day reservation for august 25th and make a seperate reservation for aug 26th on and have free dining?

tlhewitt52
04-11-2007, 09:49 AM
Olga,

If I were you I would notify my agent today that if free dining is offered to the public tomorrow that you want to rebook. I notified my AAA agent on Monday and she knew nothing about the Stay Play and Dine package yet so I e-mailed her the info that was posted on the intercot main page. That way tomorow morning she knows I wanna rebook if it becomes available to the general public, so I would call today to get a head start on tomorrow!

Olga
04-11-2007, 10:10 AM
The problem is that I've booked directly through DTC, that's why I need to call them exactly tomorrow if they make a public offer. Do they start to work at 7 a.m.?

glenpreece
04-11-2007, 11:07 AM
Wow this year it seems that the free dining is causing some mass hysteria!!! (just kidding) I am sure that we will all be able to book something. There must be a good portion of rooms allocated for free dining for the public. Why else would they make the booking window longer then the actual offer itself. On that note it's odd that is less than a month this year. Oh well hopefully I can get our ressies taken care of soon. We unfortunately will have a funeral to deal with this weekend and won't be able to get to the CAA Travel Office. Good Luck Everyone!!!!

Mickey91
04-11-2007, 11:49 AM
Does anyone have any idea when the code for the general public will be released? I have alreay booked through DTC and will have to call myself. I'd like to call as soon as they open. I hope the code comes out before then. They open at 7:00 AM EDT.

dyin tago
04-11-2007, 04:37 PM
I don`t think there is too much of a panic to book the plan tomorrow. last year was the second time disney offered it and we did not book until sometime in may as far as I can recall.

KAJUNKING
04-11-2007, 04:39 PM
I HAVE TO GIVE A BIG SHOUT OUT TO DEBBIE AT MAGICAL JOURNEYS FOR PIMPING MY VACATION!!!!! YOU ARE :number1:

Tink1
04-12-2007, 06:59 AM
I updated the original post to reflect todays changes.

Nanci

Olga
04-12-2007, 07:07 AM
Thank you Nanci!

Mickey91
04-12-2007, 07:20 AM
I updated the original post to reflect todays changes.

Nanci

Thanks Nanci!!!:thumbsup: We just changed our ressies with DTC and we are all set with free dining!! When we decide to use a travel agency, we will definitely choose MJ!! Thanks again!!:mickey: :mickey: :mickey: :mickey: :cloud9:

Olga
04-12-2007, 07:39 AM
You are lucky, because I'm still on line (waiting for 40 min exactly from 7 a.m.). Next time only MJ!!!

PeachyGal
04-12-2007, 07:51 AM
We're in!! YEAH! A HUGE thanks to Debbie at MJ. Once again, for the 3rd year, she has totally come through for us. We're heading to Pop 9/15-23.

readytogo2
04-12-2007, 08:14 AM
I have all my ADR's booked I am just waiting to hear from Karen @ M J!! I can't wait till September!!:mickey:

Veectoor
04-12-2007, 08:15 AM
On hold since 7:00 on the nose. Been about 75 minutes now. (getting real good at solitaire!).

A friend emailed me a minute ago and he says he can't through to Central resevrations. "all circuits are busy".

dudeman1975
04-12-2007, 08:22 AM
Thank you for the code. The Free dining is going to save us lots of money. Disney's tradeoff for closing the Haunted Mansion and Spaceship Earth at the same time. Can not wait to go, ecitement is gaining.
:mickey:

dizneeat
04-12-2007, 08:23 AM
:party: After being on hold for 42 minutes we GOT it!!
I was able to change my existing reservation to the free dining!!!!!!!!!
Okay - let the countdown begin!!!!:party:

sunlyon
04-12-2007, 08:33 AM
YEAH! Karen at MJ is booking our trip today! Can't wait for September!

:minnie:

SnowWSue
04-12-2007, 08:41 AM
:number1:
Another Debbie at MJ fan here! She just updated our ressies for August. This is the third trip she's booked for us. She is great!!! I wouldn't book through anyone else. Hooray for Debbie at Magical Journeys.

KAT1811
04-12-2007, 08:47 AM
40 minutes and still holding!

magicofdisney
04-12-2007, 09:11 AM
On that note it's odd that is less than a month this year.
I think part of it is the hurrican season predictions. I also wonder if they're gauging which will draw a larger crowd, Free DDP or P&P Party? :mickey:

GottaLvDisney
04-12-2007, 09:12 AM
We're in!! YEAH! A HUGE thanks to Debbie at MJ. Once again, for the 3rd year, she has totally come through for us. We're heading to Pop 9/15-23.

We'll see you there PeachyGal - WooHoo! Thanks to Karen :thumbsup: for updating our prior ressies at Pop 9/15-9/22 to include free dining :eat:... Now to just get through the agonizing wait. :wait:

1st WDW trip ever countdown, only 156 days to go! :yay:
Christie

dudeman1975
04-12-2007, 09:27 AM
Yeah!! After an hour and fifteen minute wait, got free dining at the Pop Century for August 26 - 31. See you all then.

readytogo2
04-12-2007, 09:31 AM
I have been to Disney several times I have always booked my own. This is the 1st time I have ever used MJ!! I will use them from now on!! Way to go Karen :number1: Your guys are awesome!!:thumbsup: We are all booked and have the ADR's done now we just have to wait for September!!

KAT1811
04-12-2007, 09:56 AM
1 hour 45 minutes and still holding!!!! This is ridiculous! But I'll endure whaever I have to in order to get the free DDP.

So far I have done the laundry, made two beds, changed the linen on another, put clothes away that DD 2 yrs dumped out of 3 draws in DD 10 yrs bureau, made breakfast for DD 2 and a bottle for DD 5 months. Now I am going to go clean the kitchen. . . probably finish before they pick up!

Tink1
04-12-2007, 09:58 AM
So far I have done the laundry, made two beds, changed the linen on another, put clothes away that DD 2 yrs dumped out of 3 draws in DD 10 yrs bureau, made breakfast for DD 2 and a bottle for DD 5 months. Now I am going to go clean the kitchen. . . probably finish before they pick up!

Can you come to MY house!? ;)

Nanci

mook3y
04-12-2007, 10:23 AM
:soapbox:

Seeing all of you that have had to hold so long on the phone, just reminds me why I use Magical Journeys.

When I got to work this morning, there was an e-mail waiting for me that let me know free dining had been added to my reservation.

If you have not used them yet, this is one of many reasons why you should use MJ.

They are friendly, helpful, insightful. They work their butt's off to make sure you get the best possible deal.

This is our 3rd year using them and I will never use anyone else to book WDW reservations.

I feel bad for those of you that have had to wait on the phone for so long. :party: Congratulations on getting the free dining tho!

As others have said....

LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN! :D

dyin tago
04-12-2007, 10:23 AM
whew! we`re booked:mickey:
pop century sept 9-19th and only had to wait on hold for under ten minutes!

the reservation lady said they are selling out real fast this year.

Mickey91
04-12-2007, 10:51 AM
[QUOTE=KAT1811;1254379]1 hour 45 minutes and still holding!!!! This is ridiculous! But I'll endure whaever I have to in order to get the free DDP.

Do you have another phone you can start trying on? Sounds like you've gotten lost in the system. Don't disconnect but if you have a cell or other home line, start trying to get through on that while you continue to hold. I see others getting in in 10 min or less and I called at 7AM and went straight to a cast member.

KAT1811
04-12-2007, 10:58 AM
After an agonizing :doh: 2 hour and 22 minute wait my entire grand gathering :grouphug: is now booked with the free DDP!

All I have to say on the matter is Magical Journeys here we come! :number1:

Next year we will be booking with them! In all my 25+ trips I have never used a travel agent but after all your rave reviews and this latest torture call I will be handing it all over to them!

Nancy, I was running out of things to do. I probably could have made it almost all of the way to you before they picked up!!! Add emptying and reloading the dishwasher :dishes: to my previous list! Ironing :iron: and baths for the kids was next!

TBY2225
04-12-2007, 11:33 AM
I will also be using Magical Journeys from now on! We went through a local travel agency and I still don't have an answer if I will get the free dining with my already made reservation in September. The travel agent claims she talked to someone after a hour wait and that they are having computer issues because of the over load of calls and that they cannot help her at this time and to try back later! I am so upset, I need an answer now! I am wondering if I should just ask her to book us a new reservation with free dining on line and cancel the other one after the new one is made. What do you all think??????

KAT1811
04-12-2007, 11:37 AM
I don't see the free DDP offer listed on WDW's site yet. I'm not sure you could book online right now.

Mickey91
04-12-2007, 12:00 PM
I will also be using Magical Journeys from now on! We went through a local travel agency and I still don't have an answer if I will get the free dining with my already made reservation in September. The travel agent claims she talked to someone after a hour wait and that they are having computer issues because of the over load of calls and that they cannot help her at this time and to try back later! I am so upset, I need an answer now! I am wondering if I should just ask her to book us a new reservation with free dining on line and cancel the other one after the new one is made. What do you all think??????

The deal is online now..I would try it! You can always cancel one if your agent comes through.

grego77
04-12-2007, 12:29 PM
I am all set too. A special THANKS to Debbie at MJ! :number1: I am going Sept 6-11 w/my aunt at The Coronado. YAY! :D

Dining is done, and now all I have to do is the airfare! :mickey:

wire0monkey
04-12-2007, 02:24 PM
I'm a skeptic of travel agencies and almost always book my own trips. However, I have to say that the people at Magical Journeys are wonderful and it is totally worth it to work with them. I had a mandatory work thing this morning, so I couldn't sit around on the phone to book this trip, free dining or no free dining. I emailed MJ on Monday and asked them to get me two rooms at Pop Century and told them what kind of tickets I needed. When I got to my email this morning at 10:30 am, my reservation was waiting in my email inbox.

Magical Journeys rocks! I'll definitely use them again.

Dawn

Gotta Love Eeyore
04-12-2007, 03:14 PM
I too had always booked my ressies myself, but after everything I read about MJ and losing a whole night of sleep stressing over the availability on Monday I turned it all over to Karen and the MJ crew. I had my confirmation no later than 8:30am! :thumbsup:

Thanks Karen! Ya'll are the best! I've been spreading the word to all my friends!

See you guys at POP, Sept 16-22 :mickey:

tlhewitt52
04-12-2007, 03:24 PM
Hoorah for free dining!!!!:number1: I called my AAA agent on Monday and warned her about the promotion she called today and rebooked our family vacation of 8 with the free disney dining plan...The only thing is Pop was full so we had to change to ASSports. It's the only one I haven't stayed at so it will be something new but worth what we will save on the DDP to move!!! Here we come Sept 15-22

pixiegoose
04-12-2007, 04:19 PM
Yay for Magical Journeys!! My husband and I are now booked for Sept. 16-23 at All Star Music with free dining. We wanted Pop but it was full. However, I'm not complaining- Disney is Disney! <*does the happy dance after getting 3 hours of sleep, getting up at 4 am and being in the audience of a live Oprah show, and then finding out we got the free dining!!*>:dance:

Never again will we do Disney without Magical Journeys! :thumbsup:

4myprincesses
04-12-2007, 04:19 PM
First time Magical Journey's fan here, Wendy has us booked and ready to go! Very nice to not have to wait on the phone, especially with twin infants.

We had some issues deciding where to stay. Wendy gave us what she thought would be best, told us a few others to consider. We looked into it and she was dead on right. She was a wealth of info on the advantages of the dining plan vs the AP room discount and dining card. We'll be calling Wendy every year now for our Sept vacation.

We are set for our off property time share on Sept. 2nd and the 7th-12th at POFQ And, a bonus in my book at least, I called last night and got the last dinner reservation at Le Cellier...we've always wanted to do dinner there.

Hope all you at MJ are taking time off the phone to eat and sleep.

maymay
04-12-2007, 05:15 PM
Glad to hear the wait is finally over...

Missed the free dining by 5 days. :( But did get the 40% off room rate, so that is not bad.

Also, kinda glad that the free dining won't be while we are there, maybe it won't be very crowded at all. :mickey:

congrats to who all got a great deal...... Come on September.

lilmattie13
04-12-2007, 05:29 PM
Wow its been a rocky week lol

Terriesue at MJ is the absolute best. This is the first time I work with them. I will never book a Disney trip alone again. MJ is my agent:number1:

We were looking for POP but it sold out so quick we are now going to stay at Coronado Springs :cloud9:

Got the hubby to agree:party: I am so thrilled as I have never stayed there before.

So we got the free dining and bumped up to a moderate resort. I can't wait now til September....

Thanks so much MJ you guys are the best. I hope you are all going to have a nice relaxing evening after such a hectic day.:thumbsup:

glenpreece
04-12-2007, 07:51 PM
I just wanted to say that I was going to use MJ. With all of this funereal stuff going on I won't have time to do it myself. But I got an offer from my preferred airline for a pkg including the free dining that was crazy cheap. (an error on there part which they are willing to honour) So maybe next time I can give MJ a shot.

QTPie68
04-12-2007, 08:50 PM
Got my e-mail from Debbie this morning telling me my ressies was switched over to the discount so free dining for me in September:cloud9: .

MJ is the best!!! For those who have not tried them, you should use them for your WDW travel. No hassles about getting up early, making the phone calls for discounts, being on hold forever....the MJ crew will take care of all that for you!!:D

Yimmy
04-12-2007, 09:14 PM
What a bummer. Karen at MJ notified us that our current reservation at Wilderness Lodge can't be changed over to the free dining.

We could grab it if we went with concierge or the villas, but the increase in costs for those probably wouldn't be worth it.

At least we were able to try free dining in 2005. :mickey:

'02 - Port Orleans Riverside
'05 - Wilderness Lodge
'07 - Wilderness Lodge

Bethanymouse
04-12-2007, 09:18 PM
We are officially booked too! I am so glad that it worked out for everyone! We are going August 20-31. 2 reservations due to free dining but oh so worth it! Dining ressies mostly done, just needs to be reviewed and maybe add something! We are so excited. The countdown has begun....129 days!:cloud9:

glenpreece
04-12-2007, 10:19 PM
Well I tried but due to various reasons I can't get the deal I wanted. So I have sent off a request to MJ!!!!!

princessgirls
04-12-2007, 11:19 PM
FREE DINING ROCKS!!!

However, the Pop was sold out for August 26-September 3 for us. My kids start school on September 4th so Port Orleans here I come!!

Julie:mickey:

KAT1811
04-13-2007, 08:57 AM
What a bummer. Karen at MJ notified us that our current reservation at Wilderness Lodge can't be changed over to the free dining.

We could grab it if we went with concierge or the villas, but the increase in costs for those probably wouldn't be worth it.

What about trying another resort? There may be something avaliable elsewhere. AKL? Unless you have your heart set on WL.

KAT1811
04-13-2007, 08:58 AM

I almost forgot! :welcome: to Intercot!! :welcome:

TBY2225
04-13-2007, 10:09 AM
I just have to post to thank Nanci at MJ! She was so friendly and helpful. I can't thank her enough for her help with the upcoming free dining promotion. I will be using only MJ from now on and I will highly recommend them to everyone! My husband even commented on how professional, helpful and friendly Nanci was! Magical Journeys you should be commended for your excellent service!

sbryan84
04-13-2007, 10:41 AM
Well i just got word from my AAA agent, and she was already on top of things and got me the free dining without even having to call her!! How wonderful. Im so excited to be going back, its been too long.

Disney truly is the BEST PLACE ON EARTH!! :cloud9:

Mickey91
04-13-2007, 11:01 AM
Glad to hear the wait is finally over...

Missed the free dining by 5 days. :( But did get the 40% off room rate, so that is not bad.

Also, kinda glad that the free dining won't be while we are there, maybe it won't be very crowded at all. :mickey:

congrats to who all got a great deal...... Come on September.
Keep an eye out. Sometimes they extend it into October. If they do, you'll have to compare with your current deal to see which is better. On any note, have a great trip!!:mickey:

Pop Centurion
04-13-2007, 12:12 PM
Disappointed that Pop was fully booked on the 1st thru 11th especially since I'm bringing my Niece and she loves Pop. I had to settle for AS Music. On a positive note, I was able to get all my ADR's taken care of this morning without any problems.

Yimmy
04-13-2007, 08:19 PM
I almost forgot! :welcome: to Intercot!! :welcome:

What about trying another resort? There may be something avaliable elsewhere. AKL? Unless you have your heart set on WL.

Thank you for the welcome! Long time lurker, first time poster. :)

We really fell in love with the Wilderness Lodge on our last visit, so we really do have our hearts set on it for this trip. I was tempted to grab the villas studio, but we wouldn't see a savings then (and concierge was wayyy too high).

I think we'll try and buy less souvenirs this year to make up for it. :thumbsup:

'02 - Port Orleans Riverside
'05 - Wilderness Lodge
'07 - Wilderness Lodge

lilmattie13
04-14-2007, 12:51 AM
I have driven poor Terriesue nuts at MJ but I cant thank her enough...

We were looking for POP they were sold out so we were going to ASM but then we decided on CS but after reading so much about POR and the trundle beds we are now heading there. I couldnt be happier.:party:

All the ADR's are done I just have to change one of the ADR's over to the free dining. I think MJ can help me with that but if not I will call WDW to make the change.

Now all we have to do is wait.:D

disneynarula
04-14-2007, 08:25 AM
I am turning my ressie over to MJ today.

Goofster
04-14-2007, 09:00 AM
Booked our trip yesterday from 9/12-9/15! We are doing a non-kids trip (they will be staying with Grandma).

I tried to book the WL during our time frame, but it was completely booked!:( So, we decided to go with the Poly (the only room available is Garden View).:thumbsup: This will be our first time at the Poly, so we are looking forward to it.

Plus we got $59 roundtrip (non-stop) airfare with Airtran out of Detroit! :party:

AMYP55
04-14-2007, 11:08 AM
hello,,, i booked my disney vacation in april @ pop century,,, will i still get the free dining ??? will this upgrade come auto??? thanks :mickey:

AMYP55
04-14-2007, 11:44 AM
General Public Offer - ZHU

Disney VISA offer - ZHQ

Booking dates: 4/09/07 – 6/24/07
Travel dates: 8/26/07 – 9/22/07

The Free Dining Promotion has been released today for everyone!. The dates are for check-ins 8/26/07-9/22/07. Book a MYW package and get free dining for your entire stay as long as you check in by 9/22

This will open to the general public on 4/12/07 and I will post that code once it releases.

hello,,, i booked a disney vacation in april for sept 10-18... will i still get the free dining... thanks....amy

Hammer
04-14-2007, 12:35 PM
Disney will not automatically apply the free dining promo to your reservation; you will need to call Disney reservations or your travel agent to do that. The agents at the INTERCOT sponsor Magical Journeys called to make the changes where they could for their customers, but not all agencies do that and WDW Travel Company does not. I would check with your travel agent, as there seems to be limited availablity at Pop Century.

January-2007
04-14-2007, 04:26 PM
I just did the math and figured it out that we will be saving a total of $857.78 off the total package price by having Free Dining. Our confirmation letter came in the mail today. I am so excited! :mickey:

Terk24
04-15-2007, 01:36 PM
Anyone else looking for an early August discount????:mickey:

sbryan84
04-15-2007, 04:35 PM
Hey quick question-

i already made my ADRs last month, and just found out that i got the free dining. Do i need to call the ADR people back and inform them that i have the free dining, or should everything be okay??:mickey:

cant wait!!!

KAT1811
04-15-2007, 05:14 PM
Hey quick question-

i already made my ADRs last month, and just found out that i got the free dining. Do i need to call the ADR people back and inform them that i have the free dining, or should everything be okay??:mickey:

cant wait!!!

No, you don't have to call back and let them know you are on the free DDP plan. Just let your server know that you are using the DDP when you are seated to dine. The only way I would call back and let them know that you are on the DDP is if you have an ADR that required a prepay in advance. If you did prepay for an ADR (CRT, HDDR, etc.) they will now only need your credit card number for a guarantee not a full payment.

Tink<3Mickey<3Cinderella
04-17-2007, 08:55 AM
I'm so bummed, I have been watching and waiting for free dining for over a month and everyone said it wouldn't sell out so I didn't book immeditaly and now I got shut out for my honeymoon, it puts such a damper on everything now because I have been looking forward to it for so long. :-(

Jeff G
04-18-2007, 09:45 AM
I'm so bummed, I have been watching and waiting for free dining for over a month and everyone said it wouldn't sell out so I didn't book immeditaly and now I got shut out for my honeymoon, it puts such a damper on everything now because I have been looking forward to it for so long. :-(

Only certain resorts are sold out and not all the dates are sold out. I was on Disney's website yesterday and during our time period they still have ASMU, all the moderates and most of the deluxe available. Many people who booked last week didn't make deposits at booking and not all will. When this happens the cancellations will free up rooms. If you can't get what you want try back starting Monday to see what opens up with the cancellations.

Or better yet have MJ watch for you. They are on with Disney everyday and can watch for you.

AMYP55
04-18-2007, 01:55 PM
I JUST BOOKED 9 DAY VACATION WITH DINING FOR 8 PEOPLE AT A VALVE RESORT,, 6,000 TOTAL AIR INCLUDED DEAL OR NO DEAL:mickey:

kellyisbusy
04-18-2007, 02:35 PM
Sounds like a deal to me depending on where you are flying from. I imagine tickets for that long are running around $300 a piece--that would be $2400 plus two rooms approx $2000that would leave $1600 for 8 people to fly, and fre food to boot, can't imagine a better deal.

disneynarula
04-18-2007, 03:22 PM
We finally got our room at POP thanks to Terrisue at MJ:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I can't say enough good things about MJ. I will never take a trip tp WDW without using them!!!!

AMYP55
04-19-2007, 08:06 PM
How is the sport compared to Pop,,, we stayed at pop last year and loved it... couldnt get the dining at Pop this year:mad:

Cinderella's Mum
04-20-2007, 04:00 AM

Don't give up, resorts and dates are opening up all the time .... keep the faith and keep checking .... your 1st choice may well open up.

Val
xx

disneynarula
04-20-2007, 09:19 PM
How is the sport compared to Pop,,, we stayed at pop last year and loved it... couldnt get the dining at Pop this year:mad:

I heard the sports was just a little older. You might want to keep checking back. We were at sport originally and then there was an opening at Pop. Sometimes people who were at a value and already paying for the dining plan will bump up to a moderate with the money that they save with the free dinining.

jszczur5
04-21-2007, 01:40 AM
I tried to book at POP also, but was told it was sold out. My travel agent booked us at All Star Sports, but then I read that the major pool there would be closed for refurb. the whole time of our trip, so I switched over to All Star Music. I took the advice of others on this thread, and just e-mailed our agent to keep checking POP to see if anything opens up as people's 15 day holds expire.
Good luck!

AMYP55
04-21-2007, 09:24 AM
:confused: Will the pool at sports be closed sept 11-19th

johnO
04-21-2007, 01:00 PM
I was giving a friend, whose trying to put a WDW vacation for Sept. together, some tips etc. when I saw the special on the web. It Mezmerized me of coarse and I promptly phoned DW and we've decided to go back!! DD wanted to stay @ ASMus this time.

:thumbsup: :mickey:

kellyisbusy
04-21-2007, 08:05 PM
I got all my ADR's done today and we were able to get everything we wanted except Le Cellier. We were able to book a late lunch instead of dinner so I guess that is better than nothing, although the lunch menu is much smaller. I may just keep calling to see if something opens up later on.

glenpreece
04-21-2007, 08:12 PM
I had to change some stuff around. I was able to get a cheaper flight on the Sat. So we are arriving a day earlier. Unfortunately we can't stay at Pop if we want the added day of the free DP. So we are switched over to ASSp.
Thanks to Debbie at MJ for her help and taking care of all the changes for me.

Dream'nDisney
04-30-2007, 01:54 PM
Isn't this deal starting a few weeks later than it did last year? I thought it started around August 12th last year?? Our vacation ended the 14th, and I remember some of the waiters were confusing our Disney Dining Experience card with the Free Dining package. Just curious. :mickey:

Tink1
04-30-2007, 02:32 PM
yes it is!

It is starting later and ending sooner than previous years.

AMYP55
04-30-2007, 03:13 PM
hi,,, POP now have free dining available in standard and preferred rooms aug 26-sept22... i just got my room preferred for sept ... hurray:thumbsup:

MickeyandTink
04-30-2007, 03:47 PM
We were so excited when we found out about the Free DDP special, :eat: we booked our reservations the first morning we could at POP century. :mickey:

We told my in-laws about it and a few days later they decided to join us for part of the trip. They tried to get POP as well, but there were no rooms available during that time, so they booked AS-Movies. :pout: We kept checking back, though, and last week a room opened up at POP so they changed over.:yay:

If the place you want to stay or level (std. or pref. )is not available now, just keep checking every few days. You may get lucky too.

AMYP55
05-07-2007, 09:00 AM
I WAS WONDERING,,, WE ARE IN THE GRAND GATHERING EXPERIENCE PROGRAM,, AND ALSO HAVE FREE DINING ... CAN WE USE THE FREE DINING AS ONE OF THE DINING SPECIALS OFFERED BY THE GRAND GATHERING???:confused:

magic my way
05-07-2007, 10:32 AM
Would someone kindly PM me Wendy's (MJ's) phone number? She booked a visit for me last year, and I have since misplaced her phone number. I need to speak with her regarding room-only discounts.

Thank you.

coloradowendyl
05-07-2007, 03:16 PM
Hi!

Shoot me an email at [email protected] and I will be happy to email you or call you!

Wendy

snewhou
05-15-2007, 10:14 PM
I know that last year they extended the dates for the free dining into Oct. Has anyone heard if that is the plan for this year too?

After going last year during that time we just can't make ourselves go without the free dining.

brewcrew26
05-27-2007, 07:52 AM
Sorry if this repeats something previously in the post...

We just made our reservations this past week, and I didn't know that the free dining offer was while we would be down visiting.

Will I be able to call back WDW Reservations and change our DDP to the free package? And will it effect any of the ADRs that I have already made?

brewcrew26
05-27-2007, 07:59 AM
Oh, we're staying at POP from Aug. 29 to Sept. 3...

KarenP
05-27-2007, 07:14 PM
You can call and try to have the discount applied to your reservation. There is limited availablity at each resort with the promotion however, so there is a possibility you might have to change resorts to get the free dining.

brewcrew26
05-28-2007, 10:31 AM
I was so happy! Yesterday I called reservations and we were able to upgrade from POP to CBR for the Free Dining. So, for less than $50 we now have a king room in a nicer resort! Plus, the free dining plan.

Somehow...I feel like I'm beating the system...

:mickey: