PDA

View Full Version : How do we get to the Boardwalk from POP?

Val4029
04-09-2007, 01:10 AM
I have read alot about the transportation only going to the theme parks from pop, how do we get to the Boardwalk? Thanks for your help

Val

JPL
04-09-2007, 01:13 AM
One way would be take the bus to DTD or any Theme Park and transfer buses to a Boardwalk bus. Or simply take a cab which would be the fastest and most direct route.

Sylvia
04-09-2007, 01:22 AM
If you have time, you can do what I do. I take the bus to the Studios, and take the boat from the Studios to Boardwalk. It's not a fast way to travel, but taking the boat is fun. There are several stops along the way. I don't remember the order, but the stops include EPCOT (International Gateway), Yacht and Beach Club, Boardwalk, Studios.

DDuck66
04-09-2007, 09:33 AM
If you have a car with you, we usually drive over to the Boardwalk. They have free parking if you are going to the restaurants and have your POP parking decal. It is only about a 10 minute ride from the POP's.
If not, catch the first bus to any park and then transfer to the bus for the Boardwalk. Just remember if you are there after park closings, you will have to take a bus to DTD and then back to the POP.

kakn7294
04-09-2007, 09:39 AM
1. Take a bus to any theme park or DTD and change to the Boardwalk bus.
2. Take a bus to Epcot - exit through World Showcase exit and walk. This requires a lot of walking.
3. Take a bus to MGM and walk or take the Friendship Launch boats. This also requires a lot of walking unless you take the boat.
4. Take a cab.
5. Drive yourself if you have a car.

edwards2301
04-09-2007, 10:14 AM
We usually either take a bus to DTD and then change over OR the bus to MGM and then the boat to the Boardwalk. Yes, you are on a boat which is a little slower but very relaxing as mentioned earlier and beautiful settings to look at too. You could walk a path from MGM to the Boardwalk if you like. It isn't too far. Hope this helps.:mickey:

poeticeclipse
04-09-2007, 12:20 PM
To me, the fastest way would be to take a bus to the nearest park (AK, I believe) and then switch to a Boardwalk bus from there.

ThanxForNoticin
04-09-2007, 12:38 PM
I would take the bus from POP to MGM. If the weather is nice, it's a relaxing 15-minute walk from MGM to the back end of Boardwalk. As others have mentioned, it is also a nice boat ride from the dock at MGM back to Boardwalk. If you take the boat and want to get to BW a bit quicker, get off at the first stop on the trip, which should be the Swan & Dolphin - you can take a short walk to BW from there.

LudwigVonDrake
04-09-2007, 03:01 PM
My suggestion would be to either walk from the International Gateway exit of Epcot to Boardwalk or take the boat from MGM :sail: