PDA

View Full Version : Stories with the Public....

Kristi Kay
04-09-2007, 12:18 AM
Hey guys! I don’t know exactly where to place this post....so it may be moved.

I am trying to collect a large array of funny/sad/inspiring/dumb stories that you have witnessed at the parks with either cast members, stupid guest or anything magical you’ve been apart of or witnessed.

I’ve worked with the public my entire life, including 8 months at WDW and working with the public and observing is ALWAYS interesting...I want to hear your stories...

Thanks,
Kristi

Here we go again...
04-09-2007, 12:46 AM
Here is something magical that I was part of...

Last year we went to Disney World. I have Rhumatoid Arthritis and never now when a flare up is going to put me down. Well, I woke up one morning and could not walk... at all. It was our water park day and knew that there was no way I was going to be able to do it. I decided to get a wheel chair and go to Epcot by myself. My DD and DH helped me on the bus and they went their seperate way.

When I got to Epcot the driver helped me off the bus and asked me if I was alone. I told her yes but that I was fine. She push me through the ropes and I went on my way... or tried to. Did you know that the walkway from the bus to the entrance of the park is up hill all the way???
I was killing myself trying to push that chair. I would go a foot and stop to rest. I was near tears and ready to go back to the room when I felt hands on the back of my chair. It was the driver, Brenda. She left her bus and brought me all the way into the park and waited to make sure they had an EVC I could rent. She did not leave until I was all set and happy. You can not get more magical than that.

I wrote a letter to Disney and they called me to let me know that she was going to be recognized in a special way for what she did. That made me very happy.

Kristi Kay
04-09-2007, 12:53 AM
Thats Fantastic! Your story made me tear up...This is why I love Disney!

Keep the stories coming! I love this!