PDA

View Full Version : TPed Castel?

Kristi Kay
04-08-2007, 09:29 PM
I found this picture online today, has anyone see this? It looks like the castel has been papered? Does anyone know what this is from?

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o261/kristikay_01/cast1.jpg

xoHelloKittyox
04-08-2007, 09:31 PM
lets just say that stitch got out! ;)

PirateStitch
04-08-2007, 09:32 PM
STITCH IS KING. Thats the greatest. Does anyone know anything more about this ? Is it new? If so, I'll be making a sooner trip up there than April 27th !!! The castle should be Stitch's Kingdom anyways.

Melanie
04-08-2007, 09:34 PM
This was done for one day only for the grand opening of Stitch's Great Escape in '04. I can almost guarantee it will not ever happen again.

xoHelloKittyox
04-08-2007, 09:42 PM
it opened in '04?

I thought that it opened '05 '06?
more clopse to '06:confused:

Kristi Kay
04-08-2007, 09:43 PM
Im really sad I missed seeing that in person! It's really cool!

JPL
04-08-2007, 10:56 PM
It was done for the Opening of Stitch's Great Escape and Guest Relations had more complaints at City Hall than on any other day. People complained it ruined their once in a lifetime vacation photos.

PirateStitch
04-08-2007, 10:59 PM
I think it was a cute idea and I am very upset that I missed it.

Melanie
04-08-2007, 11:00 PM
it opened in '04?

November 16, 2004

Kristi Kay
04-08-2007, 11:25 PM
People were angry? I would think it would be cool to get to see the castle on the Day in Disney History b/c they will most likely never do that again...

Here we go again...
04-08-2007, 11:33 PM
It was done for the Opening of Stitch's Great Escape and Guest Relations had more complaints at City Hall than on any other day. People complained it ruined their once in a lifetime vacation photos.

I never thought about that but I can sure understand why they would be upset.

Imagine saving for years to bring your little girl to meet Cinderella. You finally get up to her, get an autograph and take the picture of her dreams.... only to see the castle toilet papered behind them. yuck!

allie_to_you
04-09-2007, 08:34 AM
it opened in '04?

Yep, it did. It was while my DH & I were on our honeymoon in November

I thought it looked wierd, but because it was promoting the newest attraction, it was cool. Too many people get their undies in a wad over stuff like that. I realize that it wasn't the castle everyone knew and loved for that day, but give me a break, it was a promotion and a creative one at that.

Carol
04-09-2007, 08:42 AM
Our members need to venture beyond the discussion tab. :thumbsup:

We have a much better photo of this promotion, including the dancing Elvis', via the theme park tab up above.

Stitch's Great Escape Opening Day Celebration (http://www.intercot.com/themeparks/magickingdom/newtomorrowland/stitch/openingday.asp) :stitch2:

Here we go again...
04-09-2007, 11:15 AM
Our members need to venture beyond the discussion tab. :thumbsup:

We have a much better photo of this promotion, including the dancing Elvis', via the theme park tab up above.

Stitch's Great Escape Opening Day Celebration (http://www.intercot.com/themeparks/magickingdom/newtomorrowland/stitch/openingday.asp) :stitch2:

That would mean ignoring my family even more than I do now... :blush:

Kristi Kay
04-09-2007, 12:36 PM
The picture that Polygirl posted is much better! I e-mailed it to my mom...it's fantastic!

SurferStitch
04-10-2007, 06:28 AM
Too many people get their undies in a wad over stuff like that. I realize that it wasn't the castle everyone knew and loved for that day, but give me a break, it was a promotion and a creative one at that.

Absolutely. If most (if not all) people are doing a once-in-a-lifetime trip, chances are they will spend more than one day at MK. If that's likely the case, they would have another day for the perfect castle picture.

I thought it was an awesome promotion for SGE, and I'm really sorry I wasn't there to see it. I thought it was incredibly imaginative, and perfect for Stitch! :thumbsup:

Hey, the very first time DH saw the castle in person (our honeymoon), it was a pink cake for the entire trip (we were never told about it and discovered it on day one of our trip). One day covered in TP is nothing.

Melanie
04-10-2007, 06:40 AM
including the dancing Elvis', via the theme park tab up above.

:elvis:

Absolutely. If most (if not all) people are doing a once-in-a-lifetime trip, chances are they will spend more than one day at MK. If that's likely the case, they would have another day for the perfect castle picture.

I totally agree! :yes:

indytraveler
04-10-2007, 09:59 AM
If this is only done one day... then you'll always know which day you were there if you had pictures taken in front of the castle. I wouldn't have minded. The pink birthday cake was up longer.

tron80
04-11-2007, 01:05 AM
Haha,that's quite neat. Stitch is awesome. :stitch2:

LibertyTreeGal
04-11-2007, 07:46 AM
Dude, I would have been ticked off to see that as I walked into the MK.

Oops, I clickd submit before I was ready to post! Let me continue...

As a matter of fact, until I found out it was a one day thing, I might have even teared up a bit. Thinking back to the birthday cake deal, I might have worried that it was permanent -- but I just saw the other pic and the TP actually looks more like streamers and if you eliminate the graffitti from the shot it actually doesn't look too bad.

NOW, that being said, if Cindy was dancing with the Elvis', that would be way too much!

battle beast
04-11-2007, 06:30 PM
wow! Neat-o pic!!!