PDA

View Full Version : What can you tell me about....

KSS
04-08-2007, 12:46 PM
WDW from May 2-8??? What are the crowds like? the weather? is there anything going on that time of year?

Just 2 days ago out of the blue I decided to take a trip with just me and my sister...yep we are leaving the hubby's and kids behind. We have never been there this time of year and are looking for advice....less then a month to go!!!

sassafras
04-08-2007, 01:06 PM
You picked a great time for a spur of the moment trip w/sis. Weather is usually very nice. The Flower and Garden Festival are going on at Epcot at that time. Tons of roses in bloom, special things to see like all sorts of great topiaries, special events. There is a butterfly house you can walk thru, all sorts of gardening stuff to see and do. Also Flower Power Concert series at the American Theatre which has performers doing free shows three times a day. While you are there, you could see (on different days) Jose Feliciano, Petula Clark, and Nelson (Rick Nelson's twin sons). Have a great time--I'm going to be there May 12-20 with dh--I'm sure you'll enjoy it!:joy: :woohoo: :woohoo: :yay: :clappy:

Marilyn Michetti
04-08-2007, 03:32 PM
Sounds like fun. Kids are still in school in most of the country, and, (according to Birnbaum's), the temp. range is between 88 - 66, and rainfall is 3.6. Let us know how it goes.:)

Dicecatt262
04-09-2007, 03:10 PM
I've been the first week of May, in 2004, and I am going again this May...weather is great. Crowds are very good, if you are wise about which park on which day. Days that have Spectro are very busy at MK, since the parades are limited that week. One day we went on a Spectro day and it was jam packed, another day we went on a non spectro day and it was wonderful, low waits and low crowds.

The first week of May is one of my top choice weeks to visit, other than September or January.