PDA

View Full Version : Me Or Town Car Back To Airport.

REV
04-08-2007, 11:59 AM
I READ A TRIP REPORT HERE ON INTERCOT THAT HAS ME A LITTLE BIT WORRIED BECAUSE BY THE TIME THE BUS PICKED THEM UP AND MADE STOPS ALONG THE WAY AND GOT TO THE AIRPORT THEY HAD TO RUN TO GET TO THEIR PLANE THAT WAS LOADING, 3 HOURS FROM START TO FINISH. IS THIS NORMAL TO CUT IT CLOSE, I'M GETTING VERY WORRIED. SO SHOULD I RENT A TOWN CAR AND GET MY WORRIES OVER WITH? :mickey:

Strmchsr
04-08-2007, 12:45 PM
That's very unusual. Generally you have plenty of time when you arrive at the airport to get through check in and security. Now, that said, it can often take 45-60 minutes just to get through security at
MCO. Last time we used DME we got through everything and still had about 30 minutes before our plane boarded.

LizLovesDiz
04-08-2007, 01:18 PM
we have tried the disney trans.buses and ran into the same thing BUT only going to the resorts.A lot of time gets wasted so the last few times we went with Tiffany,they are really good !!! :mickey:

Piglet822
04-08-2007, 01:31 PM
Disney schedules your return for you and it is normally 3 hours prior to your scheduled flight departure for domestic flights and 4 hours prior for international flights.
Now with that being said, and with me being a DME driver and knowing how the system works, some hotel guests (those at the beginning of the route) are definitely on the bus longer than others.
If I have a 4 stop route and POR (just an example) is my first stop, those guests could be on the bus for as long as an hour before I begin making my stops at the airport. This should still leave you with 2 hours to check in for your flight (if you've not used the remote airline checkin offered at the resort).
What airine will you be flying and what resort are you staying at? Also, what time is your flight departing from MCO? Perhaps I can help ease your fears.

CleveRocks
04-08-2007, 01:43 PM
To the OP:

Try to keep in mind that we all generally only see NEGATIVE threads about things because when things go "business as usual" we don't think it important to tell everyone, unless specifically asked. That's why we don't see threads with titles like:
"Mousekeeping cleaned my room to my satisfaction every day."
"The sign said the stand-by wait for Test Track was 30 minutes, and we waited in line for 30 minutes."
"Space Mountain didn't break down and we were able to ride it."
I'm just trying to use this illustration to help calm your fears over a few comments you saw.

I used DME twice. I found it to be a very efficient, well-run, and QUICK system.

Going from MCO to resort, the reported average time from plane to resort drop-off is 70 minutes. My 2 times were 63 minutes and 56 minutes.

As for the return trip, the funny thing is that most complaints I read are by people who are upset that DME picks up too early for their tastes (typically between 2.75-to-3.25 hours prior to flight time). We've certainly not read a rash of stories about people missing their flights or having to run for their flights because of DME getting them to the airport late.

Has that ever happened? I'm sure it has. Probably with the same frequency that a car service has failed to show up for a pick-up. There are no guarantees, but the odds are overwhelmingly greatly in your favor to arrive at the airport in plenty of time no matter how you get there.

If your ONLY concern about taking DME back to the airport is the few stories of difficulty that you've read, then I'd heartily advise you to save your $60 or so and take DME. You won't be disappointed.

LoriMistress
04-08-2007, 04:49 PM
I READ A TRIP REPORT HERE ON INTERCOT THAT HAS ME A LITTLE BIT WORRIED BECAUSE BY THE TIME THE BUS PICKED THEM UP AND MADE STOPS ALONG THE WAY AND GOT TO THE AIRPORT THEY HAD TO RUN TO GET TO THEIR PLANE THAT WAS LOADING, 3 HOURS FROM START TO FINISH. IS THIS NORMAL TO CUT IT CLOSE, I'M GETTING VERY WORRIED. SO SHOULD I RENT A TOWN CAR AND GET MY WORRIES OVER WITH? :mickey:

Please don't type in all caps. On a message board it comes across as YELLING, and it's difficult to read in all caps.

faline
04-09-2007, 10:31 AM
I would think that this is a rare occurrence. Magical Express picks up folks 3 hours before their scheduled flight. Most of the time, this should be more than adequate to get to the airport and through security.

Even if I were using a town car service, I wouldn't start my trip to the airport any earlier than 3 hours before my scheduled flight. If I were delayed by traffic or security delays, I'd be in the same spot as if I'd used the bus service!

c&d
04-09-2007, 11:16 AM
We've used it since 2005 and we really have never had a problem with it. It's always gotten us to the airport in plenty of time.