PDA

View Full Version : Snorkling Castaway Cay

tiggerific
04-08-2007, 11:04 AM
We like to go snorkling at Castaway Cay. Is it cheaper to buy your own snorkling aquipment? Is it allowed to bring your own snorkling aquipment? What is the best place to buy it? :cart:
We haven't done this before and we don't know if we like it, so we don't want to buy expensive stuff! :spend:

TammiMcMan
04-08-2007, 07:27 PM
I'd really recommend using their equipment, especially if this is your first time. It's not an expensive rental, but if you want to bring your own, you certainly can. Their only requirement is that you use one of their life vests, which is free of charge.

My suggestion is that you tackle the snorkeling area first thing in the morning. By the afternoon, so many people have been swimming around there, that it gets pretty murky. You have to swim out much further to see any fish. Second suggestion, wait until you get into the water to put on your fins. Otherwise, you'll be the source of some laughter for those on the beach :blush: .

If you're feeling adventurous (and your 18 or older), you can take the snorkeling equipment over to the adult beach, Serenity Bay. No closed net there, so it is open ocean snorkeling. I've got to warn you, that I've seen pictures of sharks taken while others were snorkeling there. I have never heard of a bad incident, but they are there. It's pretty incredible though.

PirateStitch
04-08-2007, 08:44 PM
Okay. So, I wasn't going to rent snorkling equipment again since i just snorkled during our disney cruise in march. But, now that I know you can snorkle at Serenity Bay and its open netted I'm so in. Thanks tammi !