PDA

View Full Version : Positive Quote Of The Day 04/08/07

pjbs35a
04-08-2007, 09:19 AM
Happy Easter !!!

For me it is sufficient to have a corner by my hearth, a book and a friend, and a nap undisturbed by creditors or grief.

-- Fernandez de Andrada

ibrowse17
04-08-2007, 09:57 AM
Sounds good:thumbsup:

alpro2
04-08-2007, 11:19 AM
Thanks Frankie! :thumbsup:

marlyn
04-08-2007, 12:37 PM
Thank you and Happy Easter Frankie!:thumbsup:

mtown71
04-08-2007, 12:39 PM
Thanks Frankie & happy Easter to you too!:D

pdrlkr
04-08-2007, 12:44 PM
Thanks Frankie! :thumbsup:

Jeff
04-08-2007, 01:58 PM
:thumbsup:

SgtTigger
04-08-2007, 09:21 PM
:thumbsup: and Happy Easter right back at ya......

:cop: :tigger:

KentB3
04-09-2007, 04:20 AM
Happy Easter !!!

For me it is sufficient to have a corner by my hearth, a book and a friend, and a nap undisturbed by creditors or grief.

-- Fernandez de Andrada

What a lovely quote! I have another Positive Quote for Easter too. This comes from Arvella Schuller, wife of Dr. Robert H. Schuller, Founding Pastor of the Crystal Cathedral in Garden Grove, California; not far from Disneyland Resort![/COLOR]

April 08, 2007

It’s Easter! It’s Easter! Christ lives once again!

By Arvella Schuller

It's Easter! It's Easter! Christ lives once again! It's Easter! It's Easter! God's loudest "Amen!" We sing "Hallelujah," we sing "Praise the Lord," Who raised up our Jesus and spoke the last word.

After the night comes the morning, and the world comes alive. There is no more beautiful story in all of history than the account of the empty tomb. It is unbelievable but true!

It is a historical fact that Jesus Christ lived on earth for a given period of time. His ministry and death are recorded by historians as facts. It is also a historical fact that Muhammad was a religious leader whose followers are Muslims. And if you visit the Topkapi Palace Museum in Istanbul, there you will see a carefully displayed tooth of Muhammad. The Muslims are very proud of that artifact. It is a piece of their prophet. They have tangible proof that Muhammad lived and died.

But Christians have no such shrine. Not a tooth, not a bone, not a single cell of Christ’s body to display - only the empty tomb. Those who follow Muhammad know that he is dead. But we who worship Jesus Christ know that our Lord is alive.

Because of the resurrection there is an open door to heaven and eternal life with our Lord and Savior, and because he lives, we who believe shall live eternally with him.

The four gospels record at least ten appearances of Jesus Christ in the forty days after his resurrection. Over 500 people saw him. The risen Lord showed them his pierced hands and feet. They had proof that Jesus Christ was alive. Then and there was released the mightiest power in human history, and today, nearly 2,000 years later, the same power of the risen Lord is alive around the world in countless numbers of believers.

Let us who call ourselves Christians - followers of Jesus Christ -rise up and roll away the stones of doubt and fear and proclaim that Jesus Christ, our risen Savior, lives!

Hallelujah!