PDA

View Full Version : What's in YOUR Easter basket?

Katzateer
04-08-2007, 06:55 AM
Of course, a chocolate bunny to nibble on (ears first!) and other candy goodies.

This year I found an adorable penquin from Boyds and a bucket from Hallmark with a chick with attitude picture. I got a penquin Easter card from Hallmark that was really cute also. Now if I had just thought ahead and got a copy of Happy Feet that would have been fun-but the basket was full of candy and I didin't think about it until last night

For my oldest I got another Hallmark tin with Chicks Rule on it and a cute TY chick that has a line about flying the coop or nest to go into the big world on its own. Since my oldest is graduating this year from high school I thought that one was good for her.

This will be the first year I am not hiding Easter eggs. The cats have more interest in finding them than the girls (if it is cold or snowy like today, I hide them inside).

Hope everyone has a great day!
:easter: :ebasket: :bunny: :egg:

SBETigg
04-08-2007, 08:37 AM
I am all about the jelly beans. But I also love Peeps, and what is Easter without chocolate? Lots of chocolate. Chocolate eggs, Robin's Eggs, marshmallow chocolate eggs, caramel chocolate eggs... oh, and colored hard-boiled actual eggs of course. And a chocolate bunny. I always eat the ears first.

pink
04-08-2007, 10:36 AM
Hey, Happy Easter!

I got a thing that lets me plug my ipod into my car to listen to my songs, a magazine, bubble gum, gummy bears, mints, a push pop, and mentos!

I can't have any chocolate so I think my parents did pretty well!

:mickey:

MsMin
04-08-2007, 12:28 PM
Our basket is filled with candy from Louisiana. It's a tradition for many. We have a company called ELMER'S, it used to be a New Orleans company but moved north of the lake to Ponchatoula many years ago. They make lots of yummies like pecan eggs, gold brick eggs and heavenly hash. It's just not Easter w/o them.
(you know how us southerners stick to our traditions so strongly at times:D )
My kids (old enough to have their own;) ) found sudoku books, gel pens, eggs that look like bugs (I have one that loves lady bugs), a dvd (one got Strawberry Shortcake her old fav.) The girls got Pez animals and a peeps key chain. Loads of Reese's stuff including their fav. "pastel eggs" and a white chocolate bunny, again from a N.O. company, Merlin's and more
:easter: :bunny:

PirateLover
04-08-2007, 12:36 PM
My chickadee basket that I've had since I was a baby was filled with Nestle Crunch Eggs, mini Reese's cups, plain easter M&Ms and one chocolate bunny. I also got a card with some cash. We picked up the Peeps a few days ago :thumbsup:

When I was in grade school we used to run a Gertrude Hawk fund raiser and there was a lot of good candy that we used to get from there that I miss, specifically their ladybug peanut butter cups.

mtown71
04-08-2007, 12:54 PM
I am all about the jelly beans. But I also love Peeps, and what is Easter without chocolate? Lots of chocolate. Chocolate eggs, Robin's Eggs, marshmallow chocolate eggs, caramel chocolate eggs... oh, and colored hard-boiled actual eggs of course. And a chocolate bunny. I always eat the ears first.

Shoot...saw the perfect combo for you at Target last night. Should have sent it your way. It is a Hershey's chocolate egg with a Peep in the middle. Did you also see the cocoa flavored Peeps?
Happy Easter all. I didn't get anything for Easter. Does buying myself a bag of Easter peanut butter M&M's count?:blush:

DVC2004
04-09-2007, 08:03 AM
Let's see, always the cadbury mini eggs (the small solid milk chocolate with a candy shell). This year also the big Wonka Golden eggs. Instead of a chocolate bunny this year there were chocolate Spongebobs. Oh and crabby patties.

ElenitaB
04-09-2007, 09:52 AM
The Easter Bunny brought around some unconventional "baskets" this year. For DS, he brought a tennis racket, Easter M&Ms, Skittles and some little toys. For friends, I made Easter mugs (pretty pastel ones from Starbucks) packed with some poly bags filled individual serving sizes of M&Ms, jelly beans, Hershey kisses and the like. They went to my chemo nurse, the nurses and admin staff at my doctors' offices. One went without any candy at all but a variety of decaf tea (we're both dieting). And for me... a friend sent me two Year of a Million Dreams lanyards. How cool is that? :cool: I'm liking the Bunny's new approach! :D

Our basket is filled with candy from Louisiana. It's a tradition for many. We have a company called ELMER'S, it used to be a New Orleans company but moved north of the lake to Ponchatoula many years ago. They make lots of yummies like pecan eggs, gold brick eggs and heavenly hash. It's just not Easter w/o them.
(you know how us southerners stick to our traditions so strongly at times :D )
Here's one Northerner who misses that tradition! Every year my brother and I would get a box of pecan eggs, gold brick eggs and heavenly hash from my aunt. Now that she's passed on and my cousins have moved to Texas, we no longer see those treats. But it put a huge smile on my face just to see them mentioned! :cloud9:

MsMin
04-09-2007, 10:15 AM
Here's one Northerner who misses that tradition! Every year my brother and I would get a box of pecan eggs, gold brick eggs and heavenly hash from my aunt. Now that she's passed on and my cousins have moved to Texas, we no longer see those treats. But it put a huge smile on my face just to see them mentioned! :cloud9:

My mom has been sending out candies to her childhood friends. One in NC and the other in San Antonio. They have a fairly new one that is great. Eggceptionals, it's caramel and peanuts covered in chocolate. They make the heavenly hash with strawberry marshmallow too now. I don't want to tempt your diet but if ever you miss it too much let me know. I'm sure there's plenty on clearance right now;) :bunny:

ldn324
04-09-2007, 10:58 AM
Our's (DH and myself) is probably the strangest basket. We don't celebrate Easter, but MIL always gets us a basket with goodies for spring. We are both eating healthier this year so we requested no candy.

Contents of our basket: 5 bags of trail mix - various blends (Asian, fruit & nut, nut lovers, etc.), organic garden fertilizer and a cute "welcome to our garden" sign. Only thing missing was a tie dye shirt and a Grateful Dead CD :blush:

kakn7294
04-09-2007, 03:06 PM
My girls each got a chocolate bunny and a bag of M&Ms, oldest DD got a white chocolate cross while youngest got a package of iced animal cookies. They each got some nail polish, lip gloss, Pokemon cards, Bella Sara cards (they have horses on them and can be registered on a website to take care of the horses), a Webkinz animal, and the Barbaro beanie baby. The youngest got a new bike (which she was getting anyway!:D ) and the oldest got a new pair of earrings - she has to have real gold.

amd780
04-09-2007, 03:17 PM
DH and I spent Easter with my mother's side of the family. Between our relatives and my parents, we have enough candy to last a month! :D Most of our candy was small solid chocolate eggs, but we also received miniature Twix bars, marshmallow eggs, jelly beans, and a large coconut-filled chocolate egg :cloud9: