PDA

View Full Version : The Ryan's do Disney Again, Day 2

Jimenyfan
04-08-2007, 04:19 AM
Our cast of characters remains the same

Day 2- Stitch wakes me up at 6:00 and DH and the boys are having a tough time waking up, but we manage to be on our way at 7:00. We are detoured through Epcot and cant figure out why until we see all of the inline skaters. We valet park at the CR, if you have the DDE card valet parking is free, this is something we always try to remember when dining at other resorts, we are about 10min late to Chef Mickey's but are still seated within 5min. Breakfast is good as usual and we leave Chef Mickeys around 8:30 and head to the monorail. The front of the monorail is empty and were are able to ride along with the driver to MK. We enter MK around 8:45 and honestly at this point its not crowded at all.(MK was opening at 8 all week) DS(14) even commented that this was the time to come to the parks, coming from a teenager who could sleep his day away that says something.

WE proceed on our normal route, towards Buzz Lightyear,but stop along the way to see if we can find a nickle that DH hide when he was there for a conference in march. We ride Buzz Lightyear with no wait, Space Mountain 5min wait, HM no wait, FP Big thunder mountain and head to Pirates where we wait about 10min. From Pirates we head to splash mountain and encounter our longest wait of the morning 20 min. After spalsh we grab some frozen lemonades and wait for our Big Thunder FP time. We hit Big Thunder and the park is starting to get packed, we decide on riding COP and TTA before leavine, both rides have no wait. I feel bad for anyone arriving at the parks now as wait times are quickly approaching 40min and longer. As we were leaving the park the parade was ready to start and they were sending people wh just entered MK through a CM entrance to avoid Main Street.

We head back to POR and relax for a little before youngest DS and I head to Ol' Man Island. I was a little disappointed in the pool area and thought it was rather dull. They had Bingo for the kids so DS played while we waited for DH and older DS. We swam for a little before heading to the food court for something to eat. We were really impressed with Riverside Mill and what they offered. We full bellys we decided to go to DTD. While waiting for the boat we found out they were adding a 7th boat because of a back up at POFQ, DTD was a mob scene, I have never in all of my years going to Disney seen a crowd like this. The boys managed to get a table at Ghiradellis while I ordered and waited for our ice cream. Older DS told me that they migrated, first finding a table way in the back outside, then one a little closer then argued over who was going to grab the one inside. We all enjoyed our ice cream before making a quick(and I mean quick) stop at WOD, Team Mickey and Goofys Candy Shop. Im not one to be bothered to much by crowds, but I was feeling a little claustophobic and I know DH was.

Back to the boat for a quick trip back to POR where youngest DS decides he wants a chicken ceasar salad, so he and I head to the food court while the other two head back to the room. We are not keeping late nights this trip since we have decided we would rather be at the parks early and we will be back in June for a longer trip.

Up next- MGM, we win something in YOAMD and Cape May Cafe for dinner.

BelleCiavo
04-08-2007, 07:22 AM
Early to the parks definitely seems wise with crowds like that. Can't wait to read your next report.
Karen :mickey:

pdrlkr
04-08-2007, 12:34 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

January-2007
04-08-2007, 05:38 PM
Thanks for reporting! :thumbsup:

magicman
04-09-2007, 02:06 PM
I firmly believe that the best tip for anyone going to WDW is: GET THERE EARLY (which y'all seem to embrace as well).

I'm enjoying hearing your different style of vacationing. I always try to get every minute out of the parks that I can, but you seem to be having a great time bouncing out of the parks when things get hectic.

I'm looking forward to reading your next segment.

Thanks.:thumbsup:

sleepingbooty
04-09-2007, 05:06 PM
You didn't say... did you find the nickel?

Jimenyfan
04-09-2007, 08:14 PM
You didn't say... did you find the nickel?

We did find the nickel, but not on the first try. We stopped on the way out of the park and our youngest DS finally found it.

pogo
04-09-2007, 09:27 PM
Very nice day 2. I'm enjoying your reports. :D

Bethis26fan
04-09-2007, 10:07 PM
sounds like a great day

faline
04-10-2007, 11:44 AM
Sounds like you were really able to work around the crowds!

It must have been fun to search out the hidden nickel!

ChipnDaleGal
04-11-2007, 03:57 PM
I am glad that you found the nickel. I think it is fun to do things like that. Sounds like a fun day. Thank you for sharing. :mickey: