PDA

View Full Version : Resort Pools

luvwinnie
04-07-2007, 11:33 PM
Is there a rule against guests staying at other disney properties swimming at a resort. We will be staying at the Poly and friends going at the same time will be staying at Pop. Can they join us for a swim at the Poly or is that against the rules?

Ray C.
04-08-2007, 01:20 AM
It is against Disney resort policy to go "pool hopping." That said, it's typically a rule that isn't strictly enforced. Since you will be guests at the Poly pool, I think that would give you adequate permission to invite somebody staying at another resort to enjoy the water activities with you. It would however be a different situation if they were staying off property. But since everybody is a paying guest, and one party is indeed staying at the resort that the meeting would occur, I think you should be fine. I just wouldn't make it an everyday thing. Maybe take a day and visit their resort to balance things!

rsumrall
04-08-2007, 02:12 AM
Ah, the ethical dilemmas we face on the boards here at Intercot....

I would agree that sharing a swim with your friends from the Pop would be well within the bounds of Kosher behavior. While it may technically be against Disney policy, I don't see where it would be detrimental to the other guests as long as your friends are courteous and remember that they are guests at somebody else's resort. That said, I would invite my firends to join me.

TammiMcMan
04-08-2007, 02:51 AM
Unfortunately, these are ethical dilemma's and that's why there are posted policies and rules. So no one is placed into that difficult predicament of having to choose.

Resort pools have a maximum occupancy level. There are 2 pools at the Poly and I wish I could find the picture of the sign, but I want to say there's something like a limit of 100 guests at a time in each pool. Consider that there are 853 guest rooms at the Poly. Even if a small fraction of the guests staying there, say 10 rooms, each invited a few family friends to stop by the pool for a swim, that could quickly and easily add up to half the pools occupancy. Due to it's close proximity to the MK, you'd be surprised at how many "day guests" they have show up at the pool. It's not unusual to have security ask to see room id's if it starts getting out of hand.

My suggestion is to plan a waterpark day, or invite them over to enjoy the other amenities, like lunch at Kona's or a watercraft rental.

Just a pleasant reminder to everyone, these types of threads can go south very quickly. Please remember INTERCOT's terms of service agreement, especially in regards to Disney's posted policy :thumbsup: .

mizzoumouse
09-03-2007, 09:58 PM
WHAT!!! Pool Hop!!! Are you crazy!!!! LOL!!!!!! How dare you ask such a horrible question.....he-he-he-he-he!!!!

I am jealous that you are leaving on Friday, there has to be room in the van for me!!!!!
:mickey: