PDA

View Full Version : Disney Shampoos & Soaps

tinkerbell615
04-07-2007, 09:10 PM
I am really sad. :( I just read that ASMu is no longer offering the little bottles of shampoo and soap any longer. They have installed shampoo and body wash dispensers in all of the showers. Now... I realize that this is not the reason you choose a resort, but... I have been reading about all of the new neat shampoos and soaps that are now in the Disney resorts. I am guessing ASMu is the only resort who does not offer these any longer. :cry:

Can some one please clarify this for me?

bigbabyblues
04-07-2007, 09:20 PM
I don't know if they've changed things or not, but they did not give out the bottles of shampoo and bars of soap when we stayed there in 2004, there were dispensers in the showers.

tinkerbell615
04-07-2007, 09:29 PM
We have stayed at AS Sports and AS Movies as well as POP in the past, however POP was the most recent. From what I can remember we always brought home the extra little bottles of shampoo from our stay and even gave them to my DM as souvenirs. Like I said, it is not the end of the world, I just really liked them.

GINNY69
04-07-2007, 09:34 PM
Hi, Interesting but good post.. I stayed at the pop last May and from what I remember they had the little bottles of shampoo and bars of soap.. It might have changed since last year.. I myself like those little bottles of shampoo and I also like to bring home the extra ones too...

I am staying pofq so I don't know if they have the dispensers of shampoo and soap.. I will soon find out in May.. If anyone reads this post and has stayed at POFQ can you let me know if they still use the bottles of shampoo or not.. thanks..

Marilyn Michetti
04-07-2007, 10:10 PM
I think they're pretty much doing away with them - they can't offer all the special stuff without taking away "a little here", and "a little there". Soooooo....we've got the dining plan and magical express, and no little soaps.

(Wonder if we could bring back our little bottles, and "refill" them)? NAH, guess not!:blush:

magicofdisney
04-07-2007, 10:59 PM
I remember staying at Pop in 2004 and they had the wall units. Then I heard they removed them because upkeep was too involved and guests were not happy with them. To hear they're bringing them back is a bummer. I so enjoy bringing home the extra shampo and soap we don't use.

LoriMistress
04-08-2007, 12:41 AM
When we were at ASMu in 2003, they had dispensers but they did have the bars of soap.

HndrdPrcnt
04-08-2007, 12:48 AM
In Sept of last year POP still had the shampoo bottles and soap bars. I would imagine though, if they are making the switchover in one value hotel, they will probably do it in all of them.:(

hubbyofadisneyholic
04-08-2007, 09:32 PM
This must be pretty recent.
When we were at ASMu in January we still had the little bottles of shampoo and Mickey soaps...:mickey:

tinkerbell615
04-08-2007, 09:44 PM
I have read other places now that the information I had about the dispensers is old news. From what I understand they are back to the shampoo bottles and bars of soap. I hope that is correct. I love to bring these home for souvenirs.

disneyjo-91
04-10-2007, 08:54 AM
I was at the POP in Feb and they had shampoo and soap... So this must be really recent...:confused:

CanadianWDWFan
04-10-2007, 09:16 AM
This must be pretty recent.
When we were at ASMu in January we still had the little bottles of shampoo and Mickey soaps...:mickey:
We were at ASSp in January and they had the bars of soap and the bottles of shampoo. I do remember many years ago that the All Stars did have the dispensers, but in recent time there have only been the bottles and bars of soap.

BMan62
04-10-2007, 09:28 AM
I was at the POP in Feb and they had shampoo and soap... So this must be really recent...:confused:

:ditto:

AuntDJ
04-10-2007, 03:22 PM
Ginny69~ POFQ has little bottles of soap and shampoo!

This is my fav resort!

HAVE FUN!
DJ

Disneyatic
04-10-2007, 04:15 PM
OH YUCK!
I don't know why, but the thought of having to use a dispenser for soap and shampoo in my hotel room totally grosses me out! Maybe because it seems to have a "community use" type feel??? Maybe I am just weird!:secret:
I really hope they don't change over to this! I love the mickey soaps but also love being able to open the fresh package!!

Kristi Kay
04-10-2007, 04:19 PM
I agree, I'm grossed out too, way to "community". This is disney, not a hostel....