PDA

View Full Version : Cirque du Soleil La Nouba Questions

ariel03
04-07-2007, 07:48 PM
I was wonder when I could I book this show we plan on seeing it September 12th? Also could I have my magical journeys TA book it for me or do I have to call and do that myself? Also, would I be getting anything in the mail or do I just go there the day and time of and check in? Thanks! :mickey:

marlyn
04-07-2007, 08:30 PM
First off...you will LOVE this show. It is amazing. You will need to book yourself I believe, not so sure MJ will do that. you can pick up your tickets once you get to WDW. Reservations can be made 6 months in advance. Call (407) 939-7600 or go online and book. The sonner the better as it sells out fast.

LoriMistress
04-07-2007, 11:39 PM
You can buy tickets cheaper at another site. The tickets will be mailed directly to you. But you have to contact Cirque du Soleil beforehand (prefer 6 months advance) to notify them that you'll be using your tickets on a certain date. DH and I bought our tickets dirt cheap through another site...I definately recommend them. (If you want the site that we used, please PM me.)

Kristi Kay
04-07-2007, 11:59 PM
Just out of curosity....what are you considering "a steal" b/c I just looked at their website and they are selling them for $76.00....which isn't any cheaper than what I paid for them the night of the show at the box office.

LoriMistress
04-08-2007, 01:09 AM
$76 for what tier? And do you have the website link? This is what I found on their website for pricing:

TICKET PRICES ($US)

Category Front and Center
Adults: $112.00 plus tax
Children (3-9 yrs.): $90.00 plus tax.

Category 1
Adults: $97.00 plus tax
Children (3-9 yrs.): $78.00 plus tax.

Category 2
Adults: $79.00 plus tax
Children (3-9 yrs.): $63.00 plus tax.

Category 3
Adults: $63.00 plus tax
Children (3-9 yrs.): $50.00 plus tax

PirateStitch
04-08-2007, 01:28 AM
I begged my husband to go with me to Cirque du Soleil La Nouba for years !!! And in December 2005 he surprised me for my birthday with tickets. The show was awesome. No matter where you sit you see the whole stage.... However, its so hard to see everything bc theres something happening everywhere on the stage. Though the show was awesome, I have to say after returning home and watching Bravo I was incredibly disappointed. Why you ask? Bravo showed the entire La Nouba show. Now, women...if you have a husband... Can you imagine the whinning I heard when he saw we could of watched it for free in the luxery of our own home without being shoved into very small seats with no room for movement. I mean seeing it live was great. But, Bravo does a great job at recording it.... But the money we could of saved if I had known prior. Anyone have a similar situation ?

BMan62
04-08-2007, 06:37 AM
I begged my husband to go with me to Cirque du Soleil La Nouba for years !!! And in December 2005 he surprised me for my birthday with tickets. The show was awesome. No matter where you sit you see the whole stage.... However, its so hard to see everything bc theres something happening everywhere on the stage. Though the show was awesome, I have to say after returning home and watching Bravo I was incredibly disappointed. Why you ask? Bravo showed the entire La Nouba show. Now, women...if you have a husband... Can you imagine the whinning I heard when he saw we could of watched it for free in the luxery of our own home without being shoved into very small seats with no room for movement. I mean seeing it live was great. But, Bravo does a great job at recording it.... But the money we could of saved if I had known prior. Anyone have a similar situation ?

We were just the opposite -- We thought that although Bravo did a good job of capturing the show, there was no way they could capture everything that was going on onstage and was therefore lacking some of the most important 'feel' of the show.

jokat
04-10-2007, 10:25 PM
We were just the opposite -- We thought that although Bravo did a good job of capturing the show, there was no way they could capture everything that was going on onstage and was therefore lacking some of the most important 'feel' of the show.

Ditto! It just isn't the same. It would be like watching your all-time favorite band in concert on TV. Entertaining, but just not the same experience.

Now, in regards to some of your original questions we went through MJ back in 2004 and our gal took care of getting our La Nouba tickets for us. I remember because she was so patient with me while I agonized over paying that much for a show no one could really explain to me. Of course, now after seeing it (twice) I get it. :thumbsup: Of course if some of these other folks can save you some money then check it out! Good luck, and rest assured you'll have no regrets and you'll love the show!

bleukarma
04-13-2007, 11:22 AM
I really don’t know the answers to your original questions but when you do purchase your tickets I actually recommend not sitting up front. My best friend and I were lucky enough to win tickets last year and we sat about 3 rows back from the stage. It was great, but there is so much to see on stage that I think I would’ve rather sat further back. Just a suggestion, and a money saving tip! But…no matter where you sit you will have a great time! This is such a great show!! :mickey:

Flower
04-18-2007, 07:23 AM
I really don’t know the answers to your original questions but when you do purchase your tickets I actually recommend not sitting up front. My best friend and I were lucky enough to win tickets last year and we sat about 3 rows back from the stage. It was great, but there is so much to see on stage that I think I would’ve rather sat further back. Just a suggestion, and a money saving tip! But…no matter where you sit you will have a great time! This is such a great show!! :mickey:

Our seats were close in February too, we were in row F. There was alot going on and we were constantly twisting our neck to see everything. I wish we had of gotten our seats further back, and possibly more central as we were seated at stage left.

The theatre was smaller than I imagined which was nice - you really can see the stage from all over. The pre-show was very funny so get there about 30 mins ahead of time.

So much goes on on stage, as well as overhead which is why I wish we were further back.

ariel03
04-18-2007, 10:01 AM
We just purchased our la nouba tickets we got Section 203 Row EE Seats 15,16,17. Let me know what you all think about these seats. We have it so we can pick up the tickets that day. So let me know what you think about our seats and about picking up the tickets the day of the show. DH wants to pick them up that morning for the evening show. :mickey:

Magic Smiles
04-18-2007, 10:43 PM
I booked online myself last year and then picked up the tickets prior to our show when we were at DTD one day.
We had tickets in Section 103 Row H Seats 16, 17 & 18. During the pre-show, the clowns choose someone to pick on for entertainment purposes. I was that lucky person! It must have been my 5 - 10 minutes of embarassing fame.
The theatre is much smaller than you would think and I don't think that there is really a bad seat in the place. Except for the clowns our seats were amazing.

bleukarma
04-20-2007, 04:15 PM
We just purchased our la nouba tickets we got Section 203 Row EE Seats 15,16,17. Let me know what you all think about these seats. We have it so we can pick up the tickets that day. So let me know what you think about our seats and about picking up the tickets the day of the show. DH wants to pick them up that morning for the evening show. :mickey:

Looks like you got great seats! I think if you were in Section 101-105 then I would be worried about being too close. But it looks like your not too close, not too far. Really...the theater is small so there isnt really a "too far". Being too close = you miss things. But it seems like your in the middle - perfect!

When my friend won the tickets we had to pick them up before the show. We picked them up about an hour and a half early and then grabbed a snack at downtown Disney before heading to the pre-show. Works out perfect!

KAT1811
04-20-2007, 09:44 PM
We picked them up about an hour and a half early and then grabbed a snack at downtown Disney before heading to the pre-show. Works out perfect!

That is what I would do also. We also had will call tickets and picked them up prior to the show. Just give yourself enough time to pick up the tickets and get settled in your seats for the pre-show. IMHO that is one of the best parts of the show. (Although the pre-show for the Mystere show in Vegas was even better this one was still fun!)