PDA

View Full Version : Confused about Disney Visa vs AP

barb0310
04-07-2007, 06:55 PM
I am a veteran WDW traveler. However, I find myself with a dilemma. I have an Annual Pass along with a DDE card. I am also a Disney Visa credit card holder. I cannot figure our which is the best-case scenario. I am planning a trip during September. I just read that free dining might become available during this time. Here are my questions:

1. If I opt against the Visa promotion can I book a room now and then apply the AP discount when it comes out?

2. Which do you feel is the best deal? My husband is not an AP holder and only the two of us will be traveling.

TIA … Barbara
:confused:

DisneyDudet
04-07-2007, 07:59 PM
If you booked now and waited for AP discounts to come out, you'd have to call when the code is released and have it applied to your room early on, as they have only a certain amount of rooms at discounted rates. But yes, in theory, you can make a reservation now and apply later, if you apply soon enough.

As far as right now, free dining is still only a rumor. Everyone is talking about this magical April 12 for the official release. If you can hold off until then, I would. We'll never know until they release them if its for real. When they announce deals, they say that the time for booking is xx/xx-xx/xx and the actual trip dates will be later. You should have time.

But also, you may want to try the dining plan calculator here on Intercot to see if the dining plan will be of use for you. You already have your park tickets, and with the dining plan, you'd have to pay for another ticket, which you don't need.

TiggerRPh
04-08-2007, 08:23 PM
I am a veteran WDW traveler. However, I find myself with a dilemma. I have an Annual Pass along with a DDE card. I am also a Disney Visa credit card holder. I cannot figure our which is the best-case scenario. I am planning a trip during September. I just read that free dining might become available during this time. Here are my questions:

1. If I opt against the Visa promotion can I book a room now and then apply the AP discount when it comes out?

2. Which do you feel is the best deal? My husband is not an AP holder and only the two of us will be traveling.

:confused:

My guess is that the AP discount will be the better rate, the Disney Visa rates aren't all that much of a discount in my experience.

It should be noted that I believe that you'd have to rebook the room if you change the room rate....stay on top of it because there aren't that many available rooms at the AP discount rate and they can go quickly.

faline
04-09-2007, 09:42 AM
You may want to work with Magical Journeys (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/). They can help you figure out which might be the better option for you!

DDuck66
04-09-2007, 10:02 AM
The DDP was just released and is valid through September 22nd. I have personally never cared much for the plan. We like to do too many TS meals and always seemed to have left over snacks and TS meals. We are meticulous planners and I would pay about the same for our dining if I had bought the dining plan. Since the DDP is free, I would get that again, and just pay the difference for our extra meals out of pocket.
Generally the AP rates are cheaper, but they usually get taken in a few days so stay on top of your ressies.