PDA

View Full Version : If you had to choose 1 channel on TV?

caryrae
04-07-2007, 06:17 PM
With all the channels you can get on tv these days, what channel would you want if you could only have one forever? You can choose any channel that there is right now.

I think I might pick the Travel Channel but it's a tough choice.

Here we go again...
04-07-2007, 06:22 PM
Wow, what a thought.
We have 3 main channels here, The Travel Channel, Court TV and Disney. What a combination. I guess it would have to be the Disney Channel. I actually like those goofy shows like Raven and Phil of the Future.

caryrae
04-07-2007, 06:26 PM
I wish they would bring back new episodes of Great Hotels I love that show. There are plenty more Disney resorts they could have gone to.

Kags1200
04-07-2007, 06:46 PM
When I was growing up, my grandparents lived in Narrowsburg NY & only got 1 channel on the TV [We've come a long way , baby!]

It was out of Binghampton, NY & I remember watching Andy Griffithm Perry Mason, & Lawrence Welk [which my grandmother HATED] on it!!

When I think of ALL the stations I can get on my TV now!

January-2007
04-07-2007, 08:13 PM
Ha... we only get one regular channel anywaze, NBC. We have that, plus a local PBS station, "the new CW Washington," and two local channels that are very unreliable. Welcome to the country, y'all! No ABC, no Fox, no CBS... plus, we used to get 3 different PBS channels and some Baltimore stations. So if I had to choose one station, NBC.

caryrae
04-07-2007, 09:11 PM
Ha... we only get one regular channel anywaze, NBC. We have that, plus a local PBS station, "the new CW Washington," and two local channels that are very unreliable. Welcome to the country, y'all! No ABC, no Fox, no CBS... plus, we used to get 3 different PBS channels and some Baltimore stations. So if I had to choose one station, NBC.

We have the same thing were we live, no cable, over the air channels are ok. That's why we got Directv you can get tons of channels no matter where you as long as you have a clear view south for the dish to point.

Marker
04-08-2007, 09:42 AM
Wow, that's a difficult question.

I think SpeedTV is often the first channel I switch to, but Travel & Food Network would be a close second. I like TV land a lot too. But, if I had to choose just one........

I think I'd have to go with a movie channel like Turner Classic Movies. I used to like American Movie Classsics (AMC), until Ted Turner bought up all of the old movies.

Jimenyfan
04-08-2007, 11:09 AM
I'd pick TV land. Love the old show and there is never anything to serious on.

DisneyGiant
04-08-2007, 01:06 PM
Watch only one channel? It would have to be a news one. I need to know what's going on in the world.

Unfortunately, that would sadly lack entertainment though.

I'd guess I'd pick the one I watch the most - MSNBC

NotaGeek
04-08-2007, 01:44 PM
Food TV. Hands down.

alphamommy
04-08-2007, 01:44 PM
I don't think I could choose just one. The two main ones I couldn't be without are ESPN and The History Channel.

wendy*darling
04-08-2007, 02:14 PM
I mostly watch ABC. That's the channel that comes on when I turn on the TV.
Good Morning America starts my day, the View at 11, World News with Charlie Gibson.
The only "shows" I watch are all on ABC- Ugly Betty, Gray's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, Boston Legal (that's all of them).

I also record some of the Travel Channel, PBS, the Daily Show (Comedy Central) and Countdown (MSNBC).

The rest would be DVD's- rented and owned.

Everything we watch is recorded on the DVR. No commercials- ever. And we get to watch it on our own time. I do watch more TV now than I have in 20 years- thanks to the DVR. :thumbsup:

jennbunn
04-08-2007, 11:33 PM
i think i would pick abc for local and food network for a cable station.

Mousefever
04-09-2007, 01:40 AM
I think I would choose our local NBC channel for the local news, weather and The Office.

I would have to go with A & E. They have good syndicated shows and original programming.

:dory:

Davyjones
04-09-2007, 11:55 AM
One channel is very difficult for me to decide on. So, here's my top 3 in no particular order:

Animal Planet
Fox Soccer Channel
National Geographic Channel

Too hard to pick just one. :)

ChipDale
04-09-2007, 02:39 PM
Turner Classic Movies (TCM) :thumbsup:

AdventurerKim
04-12-2007, 02:40 PM
One channel would be difficult, but I'd have to go with Court TV as my first choice followed by HBO and ENCORE.

DVC2004
04-12-2007, 04:39 PM
For me it would have to be HBO. Gotta have my Sopranos. But once Sopranos are over I would say it would be the Travel Channel.

Christine
04-12-2007, 05:02 PM
I'm going to cheat a little...

The upstairs playroom tv, Disney channel for my DD.

DD's bedroom, Nickelodeon.

The living room tv, ABC.

The master bedroom tv, ESPN for DH

Red Randal
04-13-2007, 07:15 PM
I would probably have to pick NBC. Many of their shows are abysmal but they also have a bunch of my favorites (Studio 60, L&O, L&O:SVU, The Office, ER) and other watchable stuff like Leno, Conan, SNL, and shows that I would get into if I had nothing better to watch (like Las Vegas, Friday Night Lights, Scrubs, and Heroes, to name a few.) Plus, our local affiliate carries Jeopardy, which is a big plus.

Fox comes in a close second with things like House, 24, Idol, Simpsons, and football and baseball coverage.

threeh
04-13-2007, 10:10 PM
It would be a toss up between the travel channel and food network. Fun question!!!

ChipnDaleGal
04-14-2007, 08:05 AM
As a self confessed TV junkie, just the thought of only one channel makes me shake a little! I have "must see" TV spread out over far too many channels. I hope I am never faced with this situation.

kaerbear178
04-15-2007, 01:57 AM
It's a tough one between the Travel Channel and ABC but ABC does not inform me of where to find cash and treasure:look: , let me know where the 1000 places are that I need to see before I die:boat: , and does not have newly updated shows on Disney World:minnie: . SO....I have to go with the Travel Channel.

Caroleh
04-15-2007, 04:38 AM
I don't watch a lot of TV.:blush: My DH loves Space, Discovery and History channels...all which I could do without. When I get control of the TV(which is when the DH isn't at home), it's usuall HGTV, TLC and Food TV. Lots of times when I'm home alone I keep the TV off and listen to music or just complete silence.

Bethis26fan
04-17-2007, 06:02 PM
I would say food network i watch it the most out of any channel.

imaprincess!
04-22-2007, 09:02 AM
I like sit-coms like "King of Queens" and "Life According to Jim"; however, I'm so busy with kids that I only watch them if I happen to catch them while flipping around the channels. So, I'll go with what I know:

The Travel Channel!

TikiGoddess
04-22-2007, 09:25 PM
This is tough. I'd have to choose between:

HGTV (all those home makeovers...)
TLC (What Not to Wear, my favorite!)
and NESN (New England Sports Network) -- Red Sox games!

I actually wanted to get a more basic cable service, so we could cut our cable costs some but the basic package does not include NESN. Can't live without Red Sox baseball!

TikiG

Kate In Wonderland
04-27-2007, 07:05 PM
Turner Classic Movies

MinnieMommie
04-29-2007, 09:49 PM
That's a really hard question but one we talk about in our home sometimes. I guess I would say PBS. It's on 24hrs, has news and a variety of programing. A bit of this and that (cooking, travel, drama). Boy would I miss some of my other favorites though. :mickey:

Boojum
04-29-2007, 10:42 PM
My choice would be A & E. I love watching "Biography," and they also show a good variety of other stuff, too--being a crime buff, I like "American Justice" and "Cold Case Files."

Momof2boys
04-30-2007, 09:14 AM
I'd have to say E Network. Not very intellectual but they seem to have a huge variety of programming. I'd get sick & tired of watching the same thing over & over . . .

Figgyluv03
05-01-2007, 12:53 PM
Hmmmm Toughy!!! ABC Family or HGTV. They are the only two that my TV are really on in room. If I was on the downstairs TV with the Digital Cable, it would be Disney or Encore on Demand so I can pick what I want to watch and when.