PDA

View Full Version : How to Cram it all in 3 Days Any ideas?

AliceinDisney
04-07-2007, 05:00 PM
My parents were willing to pay for my bf and I to do 3 days at Disney, but Im thinking of going for five and just chipping in half since they wanted to pay for it anyway (3days) If I decide to do the three days, is there "Any" possible way I can see all four theme parks in that time or should I just splurge for an extra couple days? Thoughts and ideas would be greatly appreciated :)

Strmchsr
04-07-2007, 05:04 PM
No, you absolutely can't do everything in that length of time. You can't do "everything" with a week at WDW. However, in 3 days you can hit the highlights of all four parks by doing 1 day in Mk, 1 in Epcot, and 1/2 each in MGM and AK.

vamaggie
04-07-2007, 05:05 PM
I can't think of any way, even with EMHs to do all stuff in all 4 parks in 3 days. Go more days or figure out what you really want to do and do that for the 3 days. Enjoy

GreenBeetle
04-07-2007, 05:24 PM
Just wondering if you've been to Disney before? If so, are there things you would skip this time around?

Honestly, I don't see how you could enjoy everything - even just trying to hit the highlights. I would pay for a few extra days and see a bit more of what each park has to offer.

Good luck with your decision.

jedigrrrl
04-07-2007, 05:42 PM
Yes you can. We do it all the time. You won't see 100% of the parks but you can ride most rides and have some time to explore. With a Park Hopper, you can definitely see the most popular stuff at each park.

Assuming you'll hit the parks at opening and stay there most of the day/night I think....

You can see A LOT of MK in one full day.
You can visit MGM for a few hours the day you do EPCOT since it's a shhort bus ride away and there are only a handful of must-see things there. (the boat to MGM takes tooo long)
And contrary to popular opinion on here, I suggest you devote almost a full day to Animal Kingdom. There is so much to see there. The park usually closes at 5pm, so you can go back to one of the other parks and see a night time show or an EMH. If you don't care to see Mickey Jammin Jungle parade, then i suggest you leave AK before the parade so you don't get stuck.

You can see so much if you try hard, but you won't be "relaxing" It's like work, LOL. You'll need a vacation from your vacation.

BUT if you can afford to add 2 extra days, then you DEFINITELY will be able to see just about everything in the parks. I'd stay 2 more days if I could.

Remember to use fastpasses to your advantage and get there at park opening. Also, if staying on-property(you should), the last 1.5 hours of the evening EMH is usually pretty empty and you can ride a lot. With a park hopper, you do not have to visit the EMH park during the day, you can just show up at night.

Good Luck!

DisneyDudet
04-07-2007, 05:49 PM
Unless you are seasoned Disney commandos, probably not a scenic, take in the magic type of trip will it be if its 3 days.

Now, even one more day will help, if thats all you can afford.

I went to Disney for a short weekend trip in Jan of last year. I did most of what I wanted to do (major rides from all the parks inc everest 3 times .. which is why we went.. AP preview weekend). We also did DTD in commando style.

We stayed at a value and were up early early the next day. We flew in Sat and left Sun.

We ate dinner while waiting for the fireworks at MK and brought our food for breakfast, which helped. We had just been there a month before, then the summer before, so we knew what we wanted to do.

Depending on when you go, you can do the major things, but that doesn't give you much time to relax. We can help you do it in 3, but if you have 4, that will make it easier on you.

I say its doable, but you have to be very prepared.

AliceinDisney
04-07-2007, 06:06 PM
I've been to Disney many many times. One time just for two days we did MK and the EPCOT, but not MGM. This was the days before Animal Kingdom existed. I've also been there a week 7 days. I would prefer to do five days. I want to see everything, so I probably will splurge for the extra two days and just take advantage of the shuttle system. I think I could see most of what I wanted from MK and EPCOT in three days, but it would leave out Animal Kingdom and MGM. So I think a Five Day would be better !

Thanks for your help everyone!

mudpuppysmom
04-08-2007, 02:55 PM
I would think even a park commando might have a problem covering everything they would want to see/do in three days. That said, IF you do go for three days, I'd do it this way:
AK from open to close (skipping the parade), then hop to MGM until close. That is one day.
Day two: Epcot
Day three: MK

Granted, you will not see/do everything, again, you cannot do/see everything in a week!!! I'd pick the highlights and see them, and IF you have any extra time, it's gravy then.

MargaretMessler
04-09-2007, 08:56 PM
I would definitely put up the money for the extra 2 days if it's at all possible. You could see a lot within the three days, but with little or no relaxation time. No matter what, I think I would feel rushed in three days. With five you can theoretically devote one full day to each park and still have some time to lounge around the hotel and just relax. You're on vacation!

MinnieMommie
04-10-2007, 11:56 PM
No, you absolutely can't do everything in that length of time. You can't do "everything" with a week at WDW. However, in 3 days you can hit the highlights of all four parks by doing 1 day in Mk, 1 in Epcot, and 1/2 each in MGM and AK.

Totally agree! Also, make use of EMH and fastpass. I recommend you do serious strategic planning and map out exactly what attractions are a priority for you in each park then work out a plan so you can see them. :mickey:

BelleCiavo
04-11-2007, 08:43 AM
It really does depend on when you go too. We have been the week after Labor Day 4 times (2000, 2001, 2004, 2005) and Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday are dead. You walk on everything. I realize the original poster made a desicion about this already, but mention it just in case anyone else is in a commando mood.
Karen :mickey:

mdricks
04-11-2007, 10:21 AM
I've done all 4 parks in one day and can say it is not impossible. Let me make this clear, I did not have a choice I only had one day and that was it so……...

Can you see everything? Certainly not. but if you make a short list of non-negotiable and remain flexible on everything else you can get it all done in three days.

The keys are crowds, planning and expectations. Know where you need to be in order to make the shows you want to see. Use the fast passes and get to the parks early and stay late. Make clear goals for each park and if the crowds or maintenance throw you a monkey wrench move to plan B.

My last commando solo trip started at 7am and lasted till about 2am. I rode every ride I wanted (all the e-tickets) at least once and many twice (EE had just opened and I got on it 3 times.) I ate at teppenyaki, biergarten and narcossees.

Mk early rode all e-ticket, pirates and HM
Ak EE 3 times, dinosaur, lion king
Epcot lunch, lots of beers, test track soarin MS afternoon snack in Japan
MGM Tot and RRC (Front car baby!)
back to MK/narcossees then pm magic hours rode everything again and again.

My personal goal was to be first on space mountain and last on the same day. Did it! :number1:

Being a solo helped tremendously. But if I had 2 more days, im certain I could have done almost everything (well maybe not small world :sick: )