PDA

View Full Version : Trans ? from Ft Wilderness

skw5435
04-07-2007, 04:39 PM
What is the easiest way to get from Ft W to either the Monorail, or directly to the Contemporary so we can visit Chef Mickey's kitchen??

laward32
04-07-2007, 04:56 PM
You can take the boat at the marina straight to the Contemporary. We stayed at FW in December and ate one night at The Concourse Steakhouse. We came back to get ready and took the boat straight to the Contemporary. Now for the monorail, I'm not real sure. The monorail confuses me, with the MK and then the TTC to Epcot. I'm guessing you can take the boat to MK and then get on the monorail to TTC then switch to Epcot. Someone will come along with better details for that.
Have a great trip. I'm jealous.:mickey:

ibrowse17
04-07-2007, 05:56 PM
To catch the monorail, do as stated above. Take a boat from FW to the Cont., and then on to either the MK or TTC by monorail. There is no direct transportation from FW to the TTC. Bus service is the best way to get to the other parks. You can find the bus to MGM at the settlement bus stop, and Epcot and AK at the outpost bus stop. Water parks and DTD are also at the outpost stop.:thumbsup:

casey@bat
04-07-2007, 09:09 PM
There is a special boat on the right side of the dock at the Marina in Fort Wilderness. It goes to the Wilderness Lodge, Comtemporary, and back to FW.

skw5435
04-08-2007, 06:38 AM
Thanks!!!

faline
04-09-2007, 06:05 AM
If you take the boat from Fort Wilderness to the Contemporary, you won't need to get on the monorail to get to Chef Mickey's.

jennsky
04-21-2007, 09:01 PM
We just did the same thing a couple of weeks ago and the boat worked out great. Plan on catching the boat about a half hour before though just in case you have to wait a little for it. Depending on which direction the boat is coming from, you might have an extra stop at Wilderness Lodge before getting to the Contemporary. Our reservations were at 8:40am and we were waiting for the boat shortly after 8am and got there right on time. After breakfast, we hopped on the monorail and had a pleasant ride past the Polynesian & Grand Floridian before arriving at the Magic Kingdom. Have a good time! :D

tungpo1
05-24-2007, 07:32 AM
You can take the boat at the marina straight to the Contemporary. We stayed at FW in December and ate one night at The Concourse Steakhouse. We came back to get ready and took the boat straight to the Contemporary. Now for the monorail, I'm not real sure. The monorail confuses me, with the MK and then the TTC to Epcot. I'm guessing you can take the boat to MK and then get on the monorail to TTC then switch to Epcot. Someone will come along with better details for that.
Have a great trip. I'm jealous.:mickey:

I agree take the boat the buses take too long. Take the blue flag boat it takes you to the contemporary then go up the stairs to the monorail

Mrs.Mya
05-25-2007, 05:04 PM
:thumbsup: I am so glad someone had already asked the question of getting to Chef Mickey's from FW, as we are going in Nov. 2007 also. Woohoo, I'm excited !! :cloud9: