PDA

View Full Version : Have the parades been around too long?

disneygeek18
04-07-2007, 01:49 PM
Does anybody else think this?

This upcoming October it will be seven years since the parades that are currently running first arrived. And while they were great for a couple of years, it's time they left. And maybe not all of them need to go, but at least two! And they need to put a new parade in Epcot as well. And if you like them that's fine, but, Disney is well known for it's entertainment, and the parades have always been changing, this is the longest a series of daytime parades has been around and I really feel like it's time they left.

Anybody else feel this way?

JPL
04-07-2007, 02:05 PM
Well they updated the one parade and removed the snowglodes from most of the floats. I think the problem is they spend alot of money producing the parades and quite frankly there is not much they haven't done yet. To me the parades were never too much of a draw except for the special holiday version and I love SpectroMagic. So if they keep the same parades longer it wouldn't bother me at all.

TinkRocks
04-07-2007, 02:09 PM
I, too, love Spectromagic and hope it stays around for a while. The 3pm parade is nice, but once you've seen it once or twice, I think most ppl would prefer to experience the attractions.

As JPL said - it takes time and money to produce a parade, so I don't think Disney would want to renew the parades too often.

mttafire
04-07-2007, 02:11 PM
I agree with the above post. The current parades seem fine to me and ALOT of folks line the streets to watch them. You can only come up with so many parade ideas and i actually like the current ones!:mickey:

Kristi Kay
04-07-2007, 02:12 PM
I'm tired of the 3 o'clock parade too, but honestly Parades are not why I come to disney and I don't care if I get to see a parade or not...I would however, like to see The Electric Light Parade again.

Elizabeth Swann
04-07-2007, 02:22 PM
:mickey: This May will be the first time to WDW. I have made plans to catch the parades. Please tell me they are not disappointing !?! I hope my 2 boys (9&10) will enjoy them!!!!

mttafire
04-07-2007, 02:44 PM
:mickey: This May will be the first time to WDW. I have made plans to catch the parades. Please tell me they are not disappointing !?! I hope my 2 boys (9&10) will enjoy them!!!!

You WILL love the parades.:mickey: We watch them EVERYtime!!

magicofdisney
04-07-2007, 03:09 PM
I've not seen the newest afternoon parade at MK. I enjoyed the previous one. By all means, Disney parades far outdo any parade I've seen outside the World. For some reason I'm not really drawn to AK's nor MGM's parades. But if I had to choose between those and our local one during Homecoming, I'd go with Disney any day of the week.

Now, Spectromagic? I could watch that everyday for the rest of my life. LOVE it! I never saw the Electric Light Parade, so I have to say Spectromagic is my all time favorite. :mickey:

SgtTigger
04-07-2007, 03:27 PM
Yes, they do need to put a parade back into EPCOT that is the first move........

Now as far as changing the parades..... I loved the Main Street Electrical Parade..... and would go watch it again any time...... I also love the Electric Water Pageant and it has only changed once since Disney World opened.... So I like what we have......

:cop: :tigger:

RockChalkKimball
04-07-2007, 03:41 PM
We were only able to see Tapestry of Nations once and Tapestry of Dreams once. Those were both FANTASTIC and very unique as parades go. I would love for one of those pulled out of the moth balls to celebrate EPCOT's 25th anniversary. I would make a special trip just to see it. The others are fine, too, but now that I have seen them all several times, I can take them or leave them, except for Spectromagic. It just doesn't seem like I've been there, if I miss that one.

hubbyofadisneyholic
04-07-2007, 03:58 PM
We don't bother with the daytime parades but NEVER miss Spectromagic!!!:thumbsup:

dumbo ears
04-07-2007, 05:07 PM
i think that parade at AK can definitely be redone. personally i think it is a lame parade. the best parade is the spectromagic parade. is there a parade at epcot?

disneygeek18
04-07-2007, 09:19 PM
There is not a parade at Epcot currently, although there were rumors that they would put one in soon, those rumors just kind of died.

And while I understand it cost money to put in those parades, I think it seems they are cheaping out. In the 90's Disneyland and WDW got a new parade in every year or two, and now....they have the same parades until they come up w/ a new celebration or just change them for that new celebration(MK's 3pm parade) and maybe it's just because I'm a big fan of live entertainment like this, but I just feel they should update it constantly.

lyle21
04-08-2007, 09:49 AM
please, no epcot parade!! it is the one park where i don't have to plan around the parade route. where everything stops and you can't get from point a to point b. where people get downright rude and crowd the walkways for hours. i really really really dislike parades. i just hope disney decides to spend money on something besides an epcot parade.

Bill George
04-08-2007, 11:46 AM
I think the best parade ver was the Tapestry of Nations Parade in 2000 at Epcot. It was incredable!

photoginit
04-08-2007, 11:59 AM
The thing is they used to change the daytime parades more often than they do now. Some people have talked about the cost as an excuse but that just doesn't fly. You should see how often TDL gets new parades. It seems like every year. As far as Spectromagic goes it needs to go. It is ridiculous that we have gone this long without a new nighttime parade. With all the advancement in LED technology just imagine the night time parade they could come up with today. My biggest complaint thou is the lack of proper parade lighting at MK along the parade route. It is just too dark for the parties. When you go to DL and see the amazing lighting they have along their parade route what we have here is a joke. I just wish they would fix that problem.

BelleandtheBeast
04-08-2007, 05:22 PM
I LOVE watching the parade on our first day at Disney and then the other days we ride all the rides line free during the parades.

Marker
04-08-2007, 05:42 PM
I think the parades are great. Do they need to change? Perhaps. But not everyone gets to visit WDW often enough to recogize that the parades haven't changed for a few years.

I admit, I don't often see the daytime parades. If I happen to be in the area, I'll definitely watch, but I don't schedule my day for them. So, what I do see I really enjoy. I love the night time parade. I love both SpectroMagic and the Electrical Parade. I almost think I'd be disappointed if they did change them, although on the other hand a new parade would be exciting as well.

asrai555
04-08-2007, 06:40 PM
I love the AK parade!

I love spectromagic too - but I dunno I find the crowds insane. Dh has sworn them off. Anyone have any bright ideas?

TiggerRPh
04-08-2007, 07:13 PM
We haven't gone to the afternoon parades in quite some time. Even though they've made some minor changes to the MK parade the changes didn't seem to be enough to warrant seeing it again.

I really wish that they would bring back a parade similar to the Tapestry of Dreams...that was a unique parade.

xoHelloKittyox
04-08-2007, 09:34 PM
if they EVER got rid of spectromagic i would CRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

Nick Mc
04-08-2007, 10:57 PM
I like the parades that we have now. but it would be nice to see the Studios go back to the age of the Aladdin, Toy Story, and Mulan Parades, it would be nice for them to put some light on the new movies that are coming out instead of just the first couple floats like they did with cars. MJJP is an awesome parade, and like that it gets a little christmas to it in December. I didn't really care for DCT in the MK, but I like the music with the new Dreams Do Come True Parade. :mickey: I would really really like it if the Main Street Electrical Parade would come back. I do like spectro, but I think it is time to change it up at all 4 parks. And at epcot they need to celebrate the 25th with a parade or something.

Bear Lee
04-09-2007, 08:23 AM
I agree with the idea of freshening up the parades. They could just swap them out. I'd love to see the MSEP back at the MK.

I also agree with photoginit's point on the improper lighting issue. I think they need to update the afterdark lighting. Not just around the parade route. But all around the MK. It's just WAY too dark.

bdm@pga
04-09-2007, 08:32 AM
Sometimes I think WE are our biggest enemy. The parades are fine...we just expect so much. Can you believe that there are people out there that haven't seen spectromagic? So for them, the first time is yet to come. We, disney geeks that is...and I consider myself one too.....sometimes feel that things have to change for OUR amusement.......every three years I take a gorup of over 150 people to the parks...many for the first time...and they are amazed at what they see....the ones who have been there before rely on their knowledge to "see their favorites" again and again. If Disney changes too much, our next generation may not know why WE loved it so....just a thought.:mickey:

Figgyluv03
04-09-2007, 12:17 PM
This upcoming October it will be seven years since the parades that are currently running first arrived.

I almost had to question this, but then I stopped to think, it really has been that long since I've been a CM. I remember watched S&MC parade at MGM & The SnowGlobe one at MK on CM night! Wow, I'm getting old, so yes, I will have to agree, if they are still around then they are getting old.

castlelady36
04-09-2007, 03:42 PM
We at least see the parade the first time it comes out. After that if we happen to catch it okay. However I do like to see Spectromagic or Electrical each time I go just because it is night and the atmoshpere is wonderful. I don't really care for the AK one...don't really know why but have only seen it once.

LoriMistress
04-09-2007, 04:08 PM
In 2008 MGM will have a different parade...it will be the parade from DCA...the Disney Block Party parade...haven't had a chance to see it but from what I heard it's great. I don't know if you always go during a certain time every year...maybe you can go during during October or December to see either MVMCP or MVSHP. Or try one of the P&PP.

GrmGrninGost
04-14-2007, 11:54 PM
We love the parades!! We try to go to WDW at least once a year, and to me the parades don't get old. I just wish they would bring back the Main Street Electrical Parade!
I do wish they would do a parade at Epcot again!

SpecJoe Magic
04-15-2007, 02:01 AM
The only current day parade that I really like is Stars and Motor Cars. I think it's one of the best day parades that Disney has ever had. The "new" MK parade is so similar to Share a Dream Come True that it's practically the same parade. I would like to see a return of Magical Moments. Jammin' Jungle is fun to watch occasionally, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if it were to change. Finally, even though I didn't like how the parade caused a bottleneck of traffic around World Showcase, Tapestry of Nations/Dreams was very enjoyable, and I would like to see it at Epcot again.

I assumed you were only talking about the day parades due to the time frame you mentioned seeing as how Spectro Magic has been running since 1991 with the exception of a few years in the late 90s/early 2000s when Main Street Electrical Parade returned to WDW. Just for the record, I'm a huge fan of Spectro Magic (see my Intercot name) so I hope that it remains at the MK for many years to come.

KAJUNKING
04-15-2007, 02:18 AM
please, no epcot parade!! it is the one park where i don't have to plan around the parade route. where everything stops and you can't get from point a to point b. where people get downright rude and crowd the walkways for hours. i really really really dislike parades. i just hope disney decides to spend money on something besides an epcot parade.

although im not one to sit and watch a parade more than once, it is nice when most people crowd the streets for a parade and you can visit a lot of rides with short lines :thumbsup:

Ten of Hearts
04-15-2007, 04:39 PM
I can't imagine Disney not having the parades!!!! Disney is certainly capable of updating them with all the imagineering that they have. I would never get tired of seeing Mickey, Pinocchio and all the characters- hearing Mickey's cute greeting. I would just CRY if they did away with any of it. They don't have to make any great changes- just update them every so often- but more importantly: KEEP THE PARADES!!!!!!!!! The 3pm parade is something I really look forward to. I like how it kind of divides the day too...9-3pm and 3-9pm. :mickey:

Mickey91
04-15-2007, 05:16 PM
We love the parades!! We try to go to WDW at least once a year, and to me the parades don't get old. I just wish they would bring back the Main Street Electrical Parade!
I do wish they would do a parade at Epcot again!

ME TOO!!!!!!The Electrical Parade was my favorite!!! I also loved the one with the globes. I hate the new daytime song at MK. It is annoying.