PDA

View Full Version : WDW Rated & Reviewed - it's a small world

Red Randal
04-07-2007, 01:32 PM
I want to get back in the habit of posting these, hopefully on a somewhat regular basis. I wrote this one awhile ago but I don't think it ever made it to Intercot.

And PLEASE, everyone, a word of warning (that I'm sure the mods will second): some of my qualms about this ride are racially motivated. We can debate the pros and cons of the ride but DON'T let it get so heated that we cease to be having good natured family friendly conversation. That having been said, let the debate begin...

it's a small world

Intro: One of the most famous rides ever created by Walt Disney, "it's a small world" (sic) was thrown together, almost at the last minute, for the 1964 New York World’s Fair when Pepsi asked an already busy Walt to design an attraction for them. What he came up with was a simple ride with the theme of world unity by showing a simplistic view of the world through the eyes of a child looking through a storybook. The ride’s song was originally supposed to be a compilation of all the world’s national anthems but when this proved too hard to compose they went with the simple tune (originally composed as a ballad but later sped up) that is now known around the world.

Queue: The queue is usually long for this popular Fantasyland attraction, but moves pretty fast. It starts outside and continues down into the ride’s loading area which is a very large open room. It’s hard to describe, but it’s pretty cool. A window at the top of the room offers a view of the loading area for a few lucky diners at the Pinocchio Village Haus.

Ride: A sign welcomes us to the “happiest cruise that ever sailed” and our boats proceed under an archway and into the first scenes. Many, many little dolls sing “It’s a Small World After All” the ride’s theme song. All they do is sing it. They sing in different languages, with different accents, and with different little personal touches, but trust me when I tell you that they do a lot of singing.

Scene one is in Europe, as good a place as any to start. Some French dancers promiscuously reveal their ankles under the Eiffel Tower. Those French people, is that all they think about? Some leprechauns pop out from among shamrocks…one hangs out in a pot of gold (conveniently placed at the end of a rainbow). We pass by a windmill and some geese. You’ve got to love the Low Countries. Don Quiote (with Sancho) jousts at a windmill from his donkey. Nice touch. We pass by the Alps; complete with goats and then my tape skips a beat and I think we miss out on Italy. We head through a doorway and into scene two.

We are now in Asia and are met by some curiously white looking people. They are singing and dancing alongside what can best be described as Indian belly dancers. It’s Bollywood! There are flying carpets overhead and then we pass by a pagoda and are bowed to by a man in karate garb. Apparently we don’t care too much for the billions of people living in Asia because we quickly move into Africa for scene three.

Because Africa is mostly jungles, apparently, that’s where we spend our time. Stereotypical tribe’s people hang around with lions and giraffes…just like in real life! Some girls in the North African scene are actually wearing attire that covers their faces, perhaps the only instance of Disney acknowledging that not all Arab girls dress like Jasmine. There are hyenas laughing, a zebra and rhino playing the drums, and just because this wasn’t insulting enough to the people of the African continent, some (of course, black) characters frolic on an elephant.

Into room four and I am almost afraid to ask where we are now as I notice some penguins spinning around in pure unadulterated glee. There is a guy playing a guitar on top of a horse of some kind. I have no clue what this is supposed to represent, but he is wearing a sombrero, so this could only mean we are in South America. I am sure of it now, as a woman with a fruit bowl on her head dances the Bossa Nova with a guy in a bright pink leisure suit, in a scene so bizarre it appears to be straight out of the Three Caballeros. A jaguar holds an umbrella under some silver streamers that are supposed to represent rain (it’s the RAIN forest…get it?).

Scene five is the funniest one yet. Girls in hula skirts, platypuses, and a kangaroo could only mean that we are in the Pacific islands. There is a large tiki statue, which is about the only way Disney knows to scream “PACIFIC ISLAND CULTURE” at people (see Polynesian Resort, and Enchanted Tiki Room). Another one of the characters surfs, some happy koalas hang out on a tree, and in perfectly stereotypical fashion an aborigine holds a boomerang while standing next to a dingo; and that about says it all right there.

We enter the final scene (and if you are above the age of seven and were not alive during the World’s Fair, you’ll be thanking God that it’s the final scene) where all of the stereotypes from scenes one through five come together in a dazzling array of white and blue. This scene represents how while we are all different, we all share our humanity and our one small, small world. Now, the more jaded among you will assume that this scene represents America and was Walt’s Cold War-era wink to the rest of the world that says “we’re a melting pot and therefore better than all of you.” But I choose to take the high road and not make that accusation. Also, I lied; the final scene comes next and is pretty small. It has “goodbye” written in many languages and is the last thing you see as your boat lines up to return to the station.

Thoughts: This is one of those rides at Disney World that everybody loves no matter what. It’s a true Disney classic, and chances are that if you polled 100 people in line to enter the Magic Kingdom on a given day, about half would list Small World as their favorite attraction. But I can not allow popular opinion and fond childhood memories to ignore all of the glaring generalities and stereotypes throughout the ride. I could not help but notice that all of the people with “dark skin” happened to be featured in scenes heavily populated with wild animals, while all of the white people in the Europe scene were joined by typical farm animals like goats and geese. However, I also know that (no matter what the anti-Disney conspiracy theorists say) this is not done intentionally to be racist, but I recognize that there is some insensitivity shown in the scenes that should probably be fixed at some point.

In closing, it’s a great children’s ride and all time classic that can be appreciated by all…assuming the dolls don’t give you nightmares until the day you die.

Overall Rating: ****

cfoshe
04-07-2007, 01:50 PM
i really enjoy this ride, it loads quickly, short wait times, all of the moving scenes keep you looking. You will need to ride this ride several times to catch everything. Last year my wife and I were on it for the fifth time I seen a row of hidden mickey heads. the song can get a little annoying, but it is in different lanuages which keeps it fresh.

scottgr
04-07-2007, 01:55 PM
I enjoy this ride alos. My 2 1/2 year DD could not enough of the ride last year. She is always running around singing the song:mickey:

Kristi Kay
04-07-2007, 02:16 PM
Where are they row of hidden mickeys?? I've never seen them?

mttafire
04-07-2007, 02:20 PM
WE RIDE IT EVERY TIME!!! It is a classic and no matter how much of a goofy ride it is....We just have to do it. Its certainly NOT one of my top attractions but imho, It is a must do.:mickey:

HndrdPrcnt
04-07-2007, 02:43 PM
I just love riding this knowing that it was a Walt Disney original.:thumbsup:

dumbo ears
04-07-2007, 05:10 PM
personally i dont like small world but my parents love it. i think they like it because they saw it 25 years ago when they went there.

cgriff
04-07-2007, 07:30 PM
Red Randal sees racial insensitivity in the singularly most diverse and racially-inclusive ride on Disney property. Ok, whatever dude... At least in the end he gives the ride the rating it deserves: **** (4 stars). :thumbsup: Thumbs up for gettin the score right.

cgriff

Jeff G
04-07-2007, 08:23 PM
Disney classic that caters especially well for the youngest of travelers. Especially catchy song:unsure: .

Definatley above average.

Maleficent's Dad
04-07-2007, 09:01 PM
Where are they row of hidden mickeys?? I've never seen them?
You could "look up" where to find the Hidden Mickeys...
But in the jungle area, check out the vines strung up and across. They're Mickey cutouts! :mickey:

Donald A
04-07-2007, 09:09 PM
It's a small world is a Disney Classic but not something I would wait too long for. As with the racial stereotypes, I don't see it. Not an issue for me.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-07-2007, 10:22 PM
It is a must do for our family. A Disney classic in our opinion. :thumbsup:

Kairi_7378
04-07-2007, 11:17 PM
I wasn't going to ride small world when I went to the MK in March. I only went because it was listed on a touring plan I was using. Well, I was completely charmed by the ride. We rode it 3 times! We had a lot of fun on the second and third time through the ride, trying to identify which countries are represented. The last room, with all of the children playing in a world of no color, touched me. This ride also demonstrates some of Walt's genius: On one of his first uses of audio animotronics, he didn't create a ride with one or two figures, he created a ride with 400 figures. The man couldn't think small if he tried! I don't see the ride as being racially biased but in today's era of political correctness, I don't think it would be made today. It's a reminder of a different time in our history. I'm thankful that it was made when it was!

KAJUNKING
04-08-2007, 02:04 AM
WE RIDE IT EVERY TIME!!! It is a classic and no matter how much of a goofy ride it is....We just have to do it. Its certainly NOT one of my top attractions but imho, It is a must do.:mickey:

:ditto:

RAIDER
04-08-2007, 07:57 AM
I think its one of of those rides that has to be a must purely to make you smile ..Its one of those rides you love to hate ...:)

DisneyGRL7
04-08-2007, 03:20 PM
I'm pretty sure this was the first ride I ever did at Disney, and I've done it every time since. Simple, but classic. :mickey:

lindique
04-08-2007, 04:12 PM
The original (from the NY World's Fair) is in Disneyland in California. There is even a plack outside the ride telling all about how it was at the Fair in 1964.

The California version has the elaborate loading area from the Fair as well, which is all outside. It is really gorgeous. When WDW did the most recent renovation on ''small world' 2 years ago or so, they attempted to duplicate part of that entrance way in the tiny space that they have there.

The rides themselves are different as well - the boats in the DL version float in small pathway, and the water does not go all the way onto the sets. It is also very obvious that the ride is set is a giant warehouse when you look around. I consider the Florida version of the ride to be superior to the original.

"it's a small world" was considered quite a major feat of entertainment when it opened up in New York in 1964. Of course now electronics have evolved so much that the ride is considered by some to be outdated and quaint - sort of like a Commodore 64. However, to me, it's like the Carousel of Progress - a lovely ride that's not to be missed.

BelleandtheBeast
04-08-2007, 05:16 PM
This is a classin ride and anyone who says they don't like it are fooling themselves. Deep down everyone is a fan of those creepy little dolls.

CU Tiger
04-08-2007, 05:39 PM
This is just one of those classic rides that we go on every trip to DW. We do not enjoy it that much:shrug: , but it is just part of the experience when going to DW. :mickey:

goon29
04-08-2007, 05:40 PM
I dig the ride, although it gets a little incessant after a while. Could be a bit shorter.

Kenny1113
04-08-2007, 09:48 PM
****. Great ride, I LOVE:heart: the hula girls, they are sooo cute!

poeticeclipse
04-08-2007, 10:12 PM
I enjoy it so much that I make it a point to ride it every time. My mom even goes so far as to say that it is her favorite attraction in all of WDW.

This is Dox
04-08-2007, 11:13 PM
With respect, Mr. Randal, I feel you are misinterpreting the intentions of the imagineers and taking the ride a bit too seriously. Anyone, regardless of race or color should be able to enjoy "Small World" and accept the message of the ride in the spirit of which it was intended. That message being that we share a small world and we should live a good neighbors.

Now granted, the message is delivered in typical Disney fashion; over-exagerated and through the eyes of children. If it seems over-the-top and unrealistic it's because it was meant to be( As is pretty much everything at Disney World).

And quite frankly some stereotypes are meant to entertain. I'm from Texas and you can bet that if a Texan is being represented on T.V. he's going to be riding a horse and wearing a cowboy hat. I've been here all my life and never owned a horse or known anyone who does. The point is that that depiction is meant to tell a story or entertain, not offend.

I think we live in a complicated world and I don't see the value of bringing it to our favorite escape from said world. In short, don't worry about it. Have fun!:mickey:

Here we go again...
04-09-2007, 12:09 AM
I chose average. I guess I made that decision on the WOW factor as compared to some of the other Disney rides and shows.
I love the ride and make it a point to ride every time we go. I also love the rehab.

I guess the only reason I did ntot give it a higher rating in because my dentist sings "It's a Small World" in my ear the whole time he is working in my mouth. He does this to drive me crazy... he has been my dentist for over 30 years and I just bite him when he starts.
Now when I ride the ride I can't help thinking about the dentist.... :mad:

MsMin
04-09-2007, 12:54 AM
I don't see IASW as an outstanding ride; but, I do see it as a classic. I remember seeing it on TV at the World's Fair in 64. I remember the hoopla and excitement about going to DL to see it. It has a special place in my heart.
I couldn't enjoy it or any other ride if I over analyzed it. I believe that Walt had a love of all children and wouldn't do anything intentional to harm anyone. I agree with the Texan. From Louisiana we get dubbed as idiots. Guys often appear missing teeth, often drunk and in an undershirt and most often they don't even get the accent right. It is true that a lot of ppl from N.O. sound more like they are from the Bronx than the south.
I tease a friend of mine about being of a "brown" race. You may have heard the song "Jesus loves the little children" The song goes "All little children of the world. Red and yellow black and white they are precious in his sight".
I tell my friend that Jesus didn't love the "brown kids":thedolls: Honestly, I think brown was excluded because it didn't fit the rhyme scheme. They could have been green or purple it didn't flow.
That could be what happened in IASW. I am speculating of course but you don't know if artistically the colors flowed better the way they are. I've done enough art work to know that artists are more interested in composition and how the colors draw your eyes across the canvas or in this case the room. Unity within the cluster is very important, your eye has to move fast in there. I think they were focused on representing all children and yes may have been a little color blind but Walt IMO loved them all. I enjoy it more as an optimist.

4ubie1
04-09-2007, 10:30 AM
While i do acknowledge that today's society might find this ride alil offensive :blush:, I do still think this a WD classic and hope they never change it by bending to society pressure. :D I think just enjoy the ride and remember it was built in a different time and was not meant to offend. Thanks for the fun description :thumbsup:

Jared
04-09-2007, 10:58 AM
No visit to the Magic Kingdom is complete without riding "it's a small world." Though the original author's concern about racial sensitivity is understandable, the ride tries to preach a legitimate moral.

As more seemingly harmless establishments crumple under the pressure of political correctless, let's hope a lovely children's boat ride at the greatest theme park in the world remains.

ravsluvdisney
04-09-2007, 11:17 AM
As an adult, and having ridden the ride numerous times, it has lost the "Awesome" status I would have given it as a young 'un. That said, it is a Disney original and does bring you back to the good ol' days. My two DS' get a kick out of the ride as well.

GrmGrninGost
04-15-2007, 12:10 AM
LOVE THIS RIDE !!!!! To me this is the epitome of what WDW should be! It is an innocent, fun ride that can be enjoyed by all! The tune is catchy too!!:mickey: :mickey:

Imakejessicarabbitjelous
04-15-2007, 07:24 AM
i love this ride only because i ride it once my dad bought the cd to it so it gets enough!:thumbsup:

sunlyon
04-15-2007, 09:14 AM
I have to say that I can't stand this ride. I loved it as a child at DIsneyland (loved to watch the clock chime the hour). But I think I have seen it too many times! The song drives me quite crazy (especially if there is a boat jam and you are stuck inside for a while).

That being said everyone needs to see this ride at least once. It is fun to guess which area of the world the dolls represent. Each time you can see a different doll and see different things.

I agree that this was a technological feat in its time. Please don't try to make it anything more than it was... A celebration of the world's different cultures through the eyes of a child. Don't use todays PC language and thought to psychoanalyze every attraction in Disney. You will never find the child in your self if you look at everything with an adult jaundiced view of the world.

So even though I don't like this ride I make sure that if someone has never seen it that they go and enjoy every minute of it. I wish I could recapture the magic of it that I felt when I was young. Maybe if they changed the song? (hee-hee) No, don't change a thing!

Spaceship Tigger
04-15-2007, 09:38 AM
In basic terms, I like the ride because of its varied and intricate detail. There's so much to look at and see that you can miss after only one ride. I also like the long ride length as opposed to some other dark rides that run about 4 minutes long.

Marker
04-15-2007, 09:42 AM
This ride is the BEST!!!! To me, this ride "is" Disney, it "is" Magic Kindom, it "is" Fantasyland. Yes, little ones love it, but I'm 47 and it never fails to make me smile, and give me a HAPPY feeling.

Actually, it saddens me that anyone would attempt to bring racial issues into such a happy ride. That is totally off base, and trying to bring controversy where there simply isn't any. For me, if ANYONE sees anything controversial in this ride, they're trying way too hard. It is what it is, a representation for happy children from all over the world, laughing, playing, and definitely singing. Can't we just leave it at that. There's nothing wrong with "HAPPY".

wilshade
04-15-2007, 09:54 AM
I see it as an average ride now, but great in its time. Over the years it has become a classic and perhaps even a legend. The lessons learned from the development of this attraction were built upon to produce all of the others since.

When I do the classic rides such as this, I think of it as a sort of a little tribute to Walt.

LucyintheSky
04-15-2007, 10:18 AM
I agree with everyone who said it's a Disney classic, and a must-ride on every trip. I always liked it, it was never one of my favorites, though. I have a soft spot for it now, however after working in Fantasyland. IASW was one of my attractions, and I know it inside and out. I've been IN the water (wearing hip waders) pulling boats full of guests around to an emergency exit, and I've also been trapped in the finale scene after closing, with the music off but the dolls still moving (talk about nightmares), and had to climb through the boats to get out! Because of stuff that that I will always love small world!!:D

LudwigVonDrake
04-15-2007, 11:05 AM
It's a Disney classic and one of my favorites! :tink:

WEDTOPIA
04-15-2007, 11:08 PM
In all the small world threads I've seen on Intercot over the years , one thing always stands out - people still ride it ,trip after trip. Oh , we always get the excuses like - " it's a classic ,a tradition . I have to go on. " " Well ,the kids enjoy it , so I tolerate it. " My mother always makes me go on it ." " I used to like it as a kid " ( but I still ride it ). " That song drives me crazy.....every time I ride it ". " I don't really care for it " ( nope , not during any of the last 20 trips to the Magic Kingdom ,where you rode it every time ).

Yeah , it's the attraction everyone loves to hate. But , deep down , you really like the sentiment, and the smile it brings to your face.
Even while mocking it ,and calling it un-P.C. , Red Randal still gives it 4 stars. I suspect even the people who gave it a thumbs down in the poll , still continue to queue up every trip to Disney.

Don't be ashamed ,you closet IASW fans. It's O.K. There are far worse things to be ashamed of than actually enjoying a few minutes on " The happiest cruise that ever sailed ".

:mickey:

MindyMouse
04-16-2007, 07:16 AM
Just seeing DS's eyes light up when we board, makes this ride tops for us. Yes, the song can be slighting annoying, but I never mind riding it for DS's sake.

WDWfeelslikehome
04-16-2007, 07:23 AM
DW LOVES :cloud9: this ride. Each day in the MK we need to ride it at least once. I enjoy laughing at the silly little dolls.:thumbsup:

Red Randal
04-16-2007, 02:19 PM
Just to clarify my comments a little bit...

The stuff in the ride that's not politically correct is so obviously so that I can't believe people don't constantly notice it. I know it's not done with malice and it's totally lighthearted but C'MON...there's a scene where African tribesmen frolic on an elephant!

Yet it's the FUN kind of stereotypes. It's not some crazy Don Imus insult done for the purpose of being mean spirited. It's about looking at the world from the lowest common denominator. Yet, it's not oversimplification at the expense of intellect. It's about looking at all of our differences and boiling them down to their simplest form and then smiling about them. Not being angry, not being hateful, but being filled with joy. As a fanciful song is sung and children smile and bright colors fill the room, we can come to the realization that all that separates us are the silly little cultural differences that it takes a child and a song to help us understand.

That's why I keep riding "it's a small world." Because for me, and so many others, it's a few minutes of the world at the lowest common denominator: Mexicans in sombreros, Cowboys twirling ropes, Africans dancing in the jungle. It's a few minutes of being able to smile at our differences instead of being reminded of the deep seeded xenophobia and hatred in our culture and world. It's time to remember when we were children and could see the world in this very simple way. That's what Walt intended and that's a point I should have made in the original review.

However, when it's all said and done, the people of color are still depicted holding spears or living with zebras, while the white people have farms, and ferris wheels, and hot air balloons.

No matter how hard we try, sometimes we can't totally erase the biases we don't even realize we have. So it's better to just get into a boat, listen to an annoying song, and smile, because we're on vacation and we'll worry about stuff like this when we get home.

disneymom2000
04-16-2007, 02:34 PM
Well I for one, can't believe what I read. I love this ride. It is colorful, relaxing and I enjoy the costumes of the countries. To read so much into it, kind of ruins the beauty of it. :confused:

Marker
04-17-2007, 09:58 AM
Just to clarify my comments a little bit...

The stuff in the ride that's not politically correct is so obviously so that I can't believe people don't constantly notice it. ...

However, when it's all said and done, the people of color are still depicted holding spears or living with zebras, while the white people have farms, and ferris wheels, and hot air balloons.

No matter how hard we try, sometimes we can't totally erase the biases we don't even realize we have. So it's better to just get into a boat, listen to an annoying song, and smile, because we're on vacation and we'll worry about stuff like this when we get home.

Holding my tongue... this is not the forum for such a politically charged topic. If that's what you see in the ride, then that's what you see.

On the other hand, I see happiness. I choose to see a celebration of children of all (many) cultures of the world. I see children of the world laughing and singing together in harmony.

darthmacho
04-17-2007, 10:42 AM
I like IASW, most of all, because of the giant boats and quick loading times make it easy to access. If all of the rides were like that, life would be good. :mickey:

WEDTOPIA
04-17-2007, 11:02 PM
That's why I keep riding "it's a small world." Because for me, and so many others, it's a few minutes of the world at the lowest common denominator

Actually ,the highest common denominator ,Red. IASW is how the world should be . The lowest common denominator, unfortunately, is the real world that we live in.

:mickey:

mickeys_princess_mom
04-17-2007, 11:58 PM
I love this ride!!!!!

mrsgaribaldi
04-18-2007, 02:01 AM
I know it's a classic but we don't do it every time. More often than not we skip it:blush:

Trixie1822
04-18-2007, 10:04 AM
for us, It's a classic during our trip in the world... however when the queue is not long !

Bass T-bone
04-18-2007, 10:40 AM
there's a scene where African tribesmen frolic on an elephant!

So, what would you like to see instead?

lilmattie13
04-19-2007, 12:02 AM
I love the ride. We always go when we are there and would never miss it.

My grandparents went to WDW when it first opened the year I was born, then a few years after and my grandfather purchased the original 33 record with the open book record cover, which showed all the little dolls and portions of the ride. As a little kid he would put the record on and we would sing the song together as he told me about the little dolls and how magical it was.

I didnt see the ride until I was 27 y/o and it brought me right back to those times with my grandfather. He is now gone and evertime I go on the ride he is right there with me enjoying the music and the sights.

The best part is now sharing that with my two children. My son had seen it at 3 and will see it again in Sept but my daughter will really see it for the first time as she will be 2 when we go.

To many, it is so much more than just an annoying repetative ride.....:blush:

senecabeach
04-19-2007, 06:25 AM
For me, it brings back great memories of the NY World's Fair where I first rode it !!
Still Heavenly:thumbsup:

Mickey91
04-19-2007, 10:02 AM

IASW is not there to depict stereotypes. It is there to show the different cultures of the world and different traditions. Our society is way too hung up on stereotypes. I'm sure that not all Hawaiians hula, but what do you do when you go to Hawaii? :lei: You go to a Luau and watch Hula Dancers and men throwing fire around. I don't think IASW depicts that Africans really frolic on elephants. It shows that Elephants live in that part of the world and it is a cute display of the children playing their trumpets etc.
Political correctness belongs in the real world. Actually, it belongs in the trash. Whoever started it has begun a division in the nation. You only have free speech if you say it just right and only the right audience hears it.
Disney World is where we get along and color, tradition, and culture all come together to make us who we are and we shine even brighter because of them and we are at peace with one another despite them. :balloon::pipes::artist: Our differences are what makes the world go round :dance:and IASW celebrates that.

Mickey91
04-19-2007, 10:13 AM
While i do acknowledge that today's society might find this ride alil offensive :blush:, I do still think this a WD classic and hope they never change it by bending to society pressure. :D I think just enjoy the ride and remember it was built in a different time and was not meant to offend. Thanks for the fun description :thumbsup:

I believe only Americans would find this offensive. We are the only ones constantly trying to forget the past and our heritage. Other countries are proud of who they were in the past and what they have become today. They embrace their culture and celebrate it. IASW does the same thing. Ah, if we could only learn from it.

Red Randal
04-19-2007, 05:50 PM
You'd really me amazed how happy I am to know that I am totally in the minority in my opinion on this. I stick by it, nonetheless, but its nice to know that everyone enjoys the ride in the real spirit it was created in.

Marker
04-19-2007, 06:03 PM
Baffles me that anyone would take something so "happy", and work so hard to make it "unhappy". Why read things into it that are not part of the "real spirit of the ride". Why attempt to change the spirit of the ride at all. Why not just let it be happy? There are enough real controversies around, surely we don't need to invent any.

indytraveler
04-19-2007, 06:47 PM
It's an ave. ride that we do everytime there. The first time I saw it thru my kids eyes was something special. Yes, the song grows on you but so what. I'm trying to find hidden Mickeys anyways.

bleukarma
04-20-2007, 03:09 PM
This ride is one that I will do if the line isn’t too long. It’s a classic, but I’ve seen it enough that if the line is over 20 minutes I skip it…unless I’m with someone that has never been to MK before. If that is the case then we HAVE to go on it! You can’t go to MK for the first time and not go on this ride. No matter how old you are or how annoying the song gets. :mickey:

prttynpnk
04-20-2007, 03:38 PM
I love this ride- it's such a pure view of what a little child thinks other countries are like. With no malice intended, just vivid curiosity.
I also love those creepy mountain goats!

GiltterDisneyGirl
04-21-2007, 02:06 AM
:hide: Watch out that ride is scary! :hide:

Ok it's kinda cute but i only ride it once every 10 years thank goodness. :blush: