PDA

View Full Version : The Tudors

threeh
04-07-2007, 10:32 AM
Did anyone catch the premiere on showtime?? I love all the Henry the 8th stuff to begin with and Johnathan Ryse Meyers ( I know I spelled that wrong, sorry) is really good as Henry. He so hard to tell what he'll do next minute. So far I like the series and can't wait till episode 2 on Sunday.

ChipnDaleGal
04-07-2007, 12:53 PM
We are watching. I really love that whole time period, so it is always interesting to me. I have to admit that Jonathon gives me the creeps a little, but he is doing a fine job as Henry.

SBETigg
04-07-2007, 01:20 PM
We are watching. I really love that whole time period, so it is always interesting to me. I have to admit that Jonathon gives me the creeps a little, but he is doing a fine job as Henry.

We don't get Showtime. But I love the time period, and if Jonathan gives you the creeps, so much the better for the role. In later years, Henry became truly creepy. I love Phillipa Gregory's Boleyn series, fairly historically- accurate and fantastically entertaining fiction.

PirateLover
04-07-2007, 01:46 PM
We have On Demand so we (my mom and I) were able to watch the first 2 episodes before the premiere. I love historical dramas as does my mother. In fact I think she purposefully renegotiated our Comcast deal to get Showtime for this program because we did not have it 2 weeks ago :D

The only thing I don't like are the "adult" scenes... I think you can get the point across without all the graphic details, but hey it's cable TV. I find Jonathan to be strangely attractive in this role actually. I guess I like creeps? :blush: :secret:

threeh
04-07-2007, 04:22 PM
The only thing I don't like are the "adult" scenes... I think you can get the point across without all the graphic details, :blush: :secret:

I totally agree. Otherwise it's great but can't watch with the kids. :blush: I tend to always feel that way, I don't need to see it, I understand, I know where it's headed but I don't need to see it. That's just me.
I like how he plays Henry so unpredictable. Any minute I expect Henry to order someone killed on a whim because he runs so hot and cold. well done!!!:thumbsup:

ChipnDaleGal
04-08-2007, 08:14 AM
I love Phillipa Gregory's Boleyn series, fairly historically- accurate and fantastically entertaining fiction.
I enjoy those books too, and can hardly wait for the movie version of "The Other Boleyn Girl" to come out. My favorite actor Eric Bana is playing Henry in that. I will be swooning big time for Henry in that in spite of any monstrous behavior!

SBETigg
04-08-2007, 08:40 AM
I enjoy those books too, and can hardly wait for the movie version of "The Other Boleyn Girl" to come out. My favorite actor Eric Bana is playing Henry in that. I will be swooning big time for Henry in that in spite of any monstrous behavior!

I'm with you! I love Eric Bana, great choice. It certainly helps to chase the image of Henry from The Boleyn Inheritance. It will be a great movie.