PDA

View Full Version : Strange White Flakes

MartyS
04-07-2007, 10:30 AM
There is some kind of white stuff falling from the sky here in the Fort Worth area. They are small and completely silent, and mysteriously disappear when they touch the ground. We saw something similar to this once, during Dec. / Jan., it was referred to by the meteorologists as "snow". But this is APRIL in Texas, it caint be snow. I better check Matthew 24, or the book of Revelation, see if I've missed something, this stuff HERE is just WRONG.

Jeremy
04-07-2007, 11:04 AM
We are getting sleet north of Houston.

Tinkermom
04-07-2007, 11:16 AM
It is going to be 15 degrees here in Kansas on Easter morning! :freeze: The record low for the date was 24 degrees set back in the early 1900's! I guess instead of an Easter bonnet we need to wear Easter ear muffs!:winter:

Tink&Goofy
04-07-2007, 01:56 PM
It was 78 degrees and BEAUTIFUL yesterday! I wish it was still that way - but no - its cloudy and rainy and mid 50s.

JMTStone
04-07-2007, 03:47 PM
My daffodils have drooped. Freezing here in Pittsburgh. Makes me wonder if I should call Magical Journeys for a quickie!

Cinderelley
04-07-2007, 03:52 PM
There is some kind of white stuff falling from the sky here in the Fort Worth area. They are small and completely silent, and mysteriously disappear when they touch the ground. We saw something similar to this once, during Dec. / Jan., it was referred to by the meteorologists as "snow". But this is APRIL in Texas, it caint be snow. I better check Matthew 24, or the book of Revelation, see if I've missed something, this stuff HERE is just WRONG.

Calm down everyone!!!

This happened here in Phoenix a long time ago. It started out just as you mentioned. Some even stayed on the ground for a little while, and those who moved here from colder areas made "snow-balls" out of them to throw at each other. There were several car crashes attributed to this stuff, but it all did eventually disappear. Eventually, everything returned to normal. ;)

LibertyTreeGal
04-07-2007, 04:30 PM
Same here, SE NM -- 18 miles from the Texas border and we have it too. Good thing I put off planting my tomatoes!

SgtTigger
04-07-2007, 07:35 PM
We have sleet here just to the west of New Orleans......
Can you believe that.................

It even stuck to the cars for a little while..... Lets hope it does not do that tonight because it might just stick to the ground here.........

:cop: :tigger:

Donald A
04-07-2007, 08:57 PM
I went to an Easter service at church tonight and thought I was actually going to a Christmas service. We had small snowflakes here in Indianapolis. It is cold!

darthmacho
04-08-2007, 08:39 AM
Just be happy it disappeared when it hit the ground. You don't want to know what it's like when that stuff sticks around...:snowball:

bucky at disney
04-09-2007, 10:12 AM
Just be happy it disappeared when it hit the ground. You don't want to know what it's like when that stuff sticks around...:snowball:

:ditto:

And you know it's bad when the temperatures on Christmas and Easter were the same.

alphamommy
04-09-2007, 10:44 AM
:ditto:

And you know it's bad when the temperatures on Christmas and Easter were the same.

I think that it was warmer here at Christmas than it was yesterday. :( We had a couple inches on the ground yesterday, but it mostly seems to be gone today.

ShanPooh
04-10-2007, 03:22 AM
:snowball: This is my son's Spring Break! There were 7 inches of snow on the ground last night when we got home from my in-laws. Seems like the seasons have shifted a couple months.

mamacatnv
04-10-2007, 02:58 PM
We are supposed to wake to the white stuff tomorrow morning - yikes it's burrrrrr cold.

magicman
04-10-2007, 04:52 PM
Al Gore might have to cancel his global warming speeches because he can't land his private jet due to the snow.;) :funny:

Bethanymouse
04-10-2007, 10:17 PM
We had snow here in Jersey on Easter too.....when can i put away my sweaters?:freeze:

TiggerRPh
04-10-2007, 11:21 PM
We are supposed to get 5-8 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

DisneyDudet
04-10-2007, 11:43 PM
So I did the Race for the Cure in Down Town Fort Worth Saturday and it was cold.. but once we got going, it was fine. As we were crossing the finish line, I felt drops on my face. Later as we were going to the car, it started snowing HARD!

It snowed for a long while. We had a big EggFest at Church, and you know, it snowed the whole time!

Why couldn't it do that on Christmas Eve instead of Easter Eve.

Diznee4Me
04-11-2007, 09:02 AM
We had been on vacation all week and were supposed to leave Ocracoke Island (the Outer Banks of NC) at 7AM on Saturday and did not get off until 6PM. The wind was blowing around 40-50 MPH and in the middle of the day, sure enough, flurries for about 20 minutes. Unbelievable, but pretty cool!

Lucille
04-11-2007, 11:53 AM
Oh no! Its snowing in Chicago! Please make it go away!