PDA

View Full Version : The birthday trip, part 2

LibertyTreeGal
04-07-2007, 08:50 AM
Well, we were pretty excited heading into day #2 because none of us had ever been to the California Adventure park before. First off, I have to say that the music was awesome -- love all those beach tunes coming into the park.

Our first stop was Soarin' since my parents had never been on it. Mom said it was the best ride she had ever been on (she has been to WDW), she was amazed. The boys and I loved it even more than the first time at Epcot. It sure is thrilling.

Then off to Grizzly River Run, and I hate water rides, but I must say that it was pretty fun -- except for the bit where I got my undies soaked. My 6 year olds laughed like crazy the whole time. The other couple on the tube couldn't stop laughing at how much the boys were enjoying themselves.

We went over to the pier and did the Jellyfish ride and also Mullholland Madness. They have a dumb rule on the Jellyfish ride. If your kids aren't 7, you have to ride in the Jellyfish beside them to watch them. Well, I am scared of heights and I was in a Jellyfish ten feet away -- exactly what was I supposed to do if they got into trouble? Besides, my eyes were closed the whole time.....

Mullholland Madness is the worst experience of my life. I was in the back and it was so terrifying. Never again... but my sons thought it was the best ride ever.

At lunch we went to Taste Pilots, which was not a great lunch. It was while I was ordering that the storm started, the one with the 50 mph gusts. It was awful, EVERYONE in the park rushed inside. Some even went home, which was great a half hour later when we walked onto Monsters Inc, which was cute.

I enjoyed the bread and tortilla tours, and when I saw the lunch options at the Boudin bakery, I was very upset that we had done Taste Pilots (but we made up for it the next day).

Took a trip through A Bug's Land, which the boys enjoyed, then another trip on the Grizzly River Run and then went back to Disneyland.

I have to agree with the people who say it's really only half a park. I wasn't very impressed. If you have teenagers I guess it would be better, but otherwise it was pretty limited.

Did dinner at the Plaza, which I did not like very much -- I had the chicken, mom had the meat loaf.

This was the night we had planned to see fireworks, but they cancelled them due to high elevation winds.

So we went back to the hotel and everyone else swam while I slept :cloud9:

The next time I can sit for a while I will report on day 3, Disneyland all day long!!! :cloud9:

Melanie
04-10-2007, 07:54 PM
Aww, I'm very sorry you didn't enjoy DCA. Sounds like the weather wasn't cooperating. I think it's a great park and I could easily spend a couple days there each trip.

And I've never had a bad meal at Taste Pilot's. Great burgers!

I'm with you on Mulholland Madness though. It makes my stomach turn. :ack:

ChipnDaleGal
04-11-2007, 12:28 PM
I am very sorry that the winds caused your fireworks to be cancelled. Sounds like you had a lot of fun today though. I dislike getting wet, but I may have to try Grizzly Peak this summer. Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

DizNee143
04-24-2007, 03:42 PM
sounds like a pretty good day...thanx for sharing...cant wait to read about the rest!! :mickey:

Christine
04-24-2007, 09:06 PM
Despite the problems, it still sounds like you managed well. :mickey:

tinkwest
05-05-2007, 07:02 PM
Mulhulland Madness has always scared me, but the last time I went with my little 7 year old nephew he laughed so hard through the whole thing I forgot to be scared because I was laughing at him.

Glad you had such a wonderful two first days. Will be looking forward to reading your further adventures when you are able to get them posted.