PDA

View Full Version : The Ryan's do Disney again

Jimenyfan
04-07-2007, 08:16 AM
Cast

DH-41 disney lover who has passed trip planning onto me
Me-40 trip planner
DS14- was actually looking forward to this trip since we haven't been to disney since July
DS-9 loves everything and everyone, was happy to be taking this trip.

We started out fri. Mar 30th at 6:30pm from Greenville, SC with all intentions of driving the 7hrs to Palm Coast. Well our good intentions went by the wayside and we stopped after 5hrs in Brunswick, Ga.

3-31-07 Woke up at 6:30 and after a quick breakfast we are back on the road to WDW. We decided our first park would be AK. We arrived at AK around 10:30 and had to buy one park pass for youngest DS, the line to buy passes was very long and seemed to take forever. We finally go through the turnstyles at 11:30 and went straight to ITTBAG which had about a 10 min wait. We knew our chances of riding EE would be slim since the park was packed so decided to skip it this trip and ride when we return in june. We headed straight for Dinosaur and got FP and played a few games in Dinoland(my kids love this place) before our FP time. After our trip back in time we FP Kali and had a nice lunch at Tusker house. After lunch we took our ride on Kali and got soaked.

We decide to head out of the park and over to POFQ where we thought we would be checking in. (Did you catch that, THOUGHT) DH and DS's drop me off so I could check us in. Check in line was nice and short and in no time I was quickly being waited on by a very nice CM who promptly informed me that POFQ was overbooked and we were being transferred to POR. Now we have stayed in the Mansion section at POR and didnt enjoy it at all. I was not happy but headed over t Riverside. Again check in was very quick and after being assigned to a 2nd floor in the Mansion section I asked for first floor and was room 2512 in Alligator Bayou:number1: . Wow what a pleasant surprise this location proved to be great :thumbsup: . The walk to the food court was a little longer than the other buildings but I like my early morning walk for our coffee.

After settling in we decided to head over to the arcade at the Contemporary, this seems to be our first night tradition. all of us really enjoyed the arcade and after playing and grabbing a quick dinner at the Food and Fun center we headed back to POR for a good night sleep before our 7:30 adr at Chef Mickeys.

pdrlkr
04-07-2007, 04:14 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

January-2007
04-07-2007, 05:52 PM
Glad you had a great first day, even if the resort wasn't everything you were hoping for since they moved you to Riverside. Glad you enjoyed where you ended up though!

wdw_bound
04-07-2007, 06:28 PM
Our trips start just a little further up I-85, and we've never made it into FL when we leave in the afternoon, either :blush: Could have something to do with the tiny bladders that seem to run in my family!

Sounds like you had a great first day! Looking forward to hearing more!

sleepingbooty
04-07-2007, 06:31 PM
Sounds like you're off to a good start, despite being switched resorts. Can't wait to read more:thumbsup:

BelleCiavo
04-08-2007, 07:18 AM
I'm going to have to let my older boys check out the Contemporary Arcade, I hear it's the best. Sorry about the room disapointment, but it seems to have ended well enough :mickey:
Can't wait to read more.
Karen

magicman
04-09-2007, 01:53 PM
I'm glad to hear of someone who likes Dinoland. I had heard rumor that some people did.;)

I'm hoping the POR will turn out great for you. We've stayed there twice, and we really enjoyed our stays.

pogo
04-09-2007, 09:21 PM
Great first day. Driving straight thru the night is tough and you were smart to stop and get some rest. :thumbsup:

I've heard good things about POR but I hope they don't try to move us from POFQ next week. :D

Bethis26fan
04-09-2007, 10:01 PM
Sounds like a great.

faline
04-10-2007, 11:28 AM
I don't think I've ever gone to a park before going through the check-in process.

Sounds like you got some nice Animal Kingdom park time in to start off your trip!

ChipnDaleGal
04-11-2007, 03:52 PM
That is too bad that you had to switch resorts, but I am glad that you ended up liking your room and the location. Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

imaprincess!
04-19-2007, 03:30 AM
Thanks for posting!