PDA

View Full Version : Big Brother (Think 1984)

baldburke
04-07-2007, 07:49 AM
This has likely been discussed before, but does anyone know if Disney reads these boards and threads? And do they ever consider any of our ideas, suggestions or criticisms? And lastly, do they ever acknowledge those here or Intercot itself if an idea is used.

Overall, I am guessing that Disney's marketing plan would be to reach beyond the hardcore fans that post here regularly. But at the same time they want to create returning customers like those here. So I would think there might be some consideration for what goes on here day in and day out.

LibertyTreeGal
04-07-2007, 08:17 AM
I know that they take Intercot seriously enough that John Y was invited to the press event surrounding the Year of a Million Dreams.

Disney spends so much time and energy on marketing that they pay attention to EVERYTHING, believe me. They cannot afford not to. And it really doesn't take much effort to stay abreast of the various websites out there.

Would they acknowledge someone here if they used an idea? No way -- then there would be the threat of someone demanding royalties off of a certain idea/ride/whatever. If they ever did use an idea, they would want a paper trail a mile long proving that they thought of it first ;) which probably wouldn't be so hard since I doubt that there are many things that come up here that are entirely original -- they have people in think tanks going back to the early 1950's.

DizneyRox
04-07-2007, 10:45 AM
Disney absolutely, 100% guaranteed, DOES NOT accept ideas from outside the company. Or that's their policy. It all has to do with copyrights, etc.

I'm sure they may take look at experiences, etc and adjust their service, but a ride idea, or something similiar is always homegrown. That was they don't need to worry about law suits.

TiggerRPh
04-07-2007, 01:21 PM
This has likely been discussed before, but does anyone know if Disney reads these boards and threads? And do they ever consider any of our ideas, suggestions or criticisms? And lastly, do they ever acknowledge those here or Intercot itself if an idea is used.

Overall, I am guessing that Disney's marketing plan would be to reach beyond the hardcore fans that post here regularly. But at the same time they want to create returning customers like those here. So I would think there might be some consideration for what goes on here day in and day out.

Disney has admitted that they read fansites boards....they do not post however. They use the fansights to gauge public opinion of changes or needed changes.

If they do get ideas from fansites they will of course not acknowledge that they got it from someone....that would expose them to legal liability.

Kristi Kay
04-07-2007, 05:17 PM
When I went on the CP, they had us sign our lives away before they put us in our jobs and one of the forms they went into detail talking about before they had us sign, was about submitting ideas to Disney. You were required to sign a contract that said any idea that is suggested to Disney, then becomes theirs, you can take absoutly no credit for it....

LibertyTreeGal
04-07-2007, 05:22 PM
When I went on the CP, they had us sign our lives away before they put us in our jobs and one of the forms they went into detail talking about before they had us sign, was about submitting ideas to Disney. You were required to sign a contract that said any idea that is suggested to Disney, then becomes theirs, you can take absoutly no credit for it....

This isn't unique to Disney either, when I was in R&D the things I came up with belonged to the company -- lock, stock and barrell.

mouseketeer mom
04-08-2007, 07:26 AM
Hmm..I never even considered that Disney reads these boards., thats kind of neat! But why should I be surprised? Their attention to detail is amazing.

Piglet822
04-08-2007, 01:40 PM
I was told by a CM (ground transportation manager) that Disney does have a team of people that read message boards.
And I had a situation with my own manager (I work for Mears) when he approached me and told me that the CEO of Mears was quite happy about a situation that I handled here at INTERCOT concerning a DME complaint. Someone at Disney had brought it to his attention, so yes, Disney does read these boards.

Marker
04-08-2007, 05:58 PM
It really doesn't surprise me at all that they read boards such as this. In fact, I'd be disappointed if they did. Even though the tone of the posts change from time to time, it is still a way to stay in touch with the pulse of the public.

I wonder how I could get that job. Heck, as much time as spend reading posts some days, I'm almost doing it anyway. I'd love to actually get paid for it, and not have to feel guilty about it.

battle beast
04-08-2007, 07:09 PM
I betcha some of the posters on this site are Disney CM's, but they don't say. They post away, but safely so they keep their jobs.

I dunno, maybe it's just an idea...

ShanPooh
04-10-2007, 03:36 AM
Would that just be THE job!
Get hired by Disney to read the boards. :)
Hey, we're here anyway!

2Epcot
04-10-2007, 10:25 AM
Would that just be THE job!
Get hired by Disney to read the boards.

Since I'm usually on the boards at work, I sometimes feel like it is my job. :mickey:

magicman
04-10-2007, 10:35 AM
Would they acknowledge someone here if they used an idea? No way -- then there would be the threat of someone demanding royalties off of a certain idea/ride/whatever.

EPCOT was really MY idea, but I haven't figured out how to get my royalties.:pout:

brad192
04-10-2007, 01:08 PM
There was a thread here at Intercot awhile back (way pre-YOAMD) about the perfect Disney Dream Job. I responded with a new position titled "Wandering Minstrel of Magical Moments", describing how I would wander the parks giving out magical moments, both big & small, to guests visiting the parks. Sounds just like the Dream Squad people doesn't it?:D

I like to think they took my idea & ran with it....:blush:

BronxTigger
04-10-2007, 01:55 PM
How do I get to be on the team of message board readers?? Sounds like the perfect job! Get paid to read Intercot all day!