PDA

View Full Version : Favorite purchase from a park?

jokat
04-06-2007, 10:52 PM
I am interested to know what your favorite purchase from any of the parks has been, big or small. It really is hard to narrow it down to one, so see if you can pick just one favorite!

I would have to say my personal favorite is the Bamboo incense we discovered at one of the stores in the China pavillion at Epcot. The first time we visited WDW and walked into that store we (DH and I) immediately fell in love with the scent. First trip we bought only one small box and they were used up too quickly once we returned home. Next trip we were sure to buy several boxes and now I conserve them to make sure they last until we can go again. I know it's not a truly "Disneyesque" purchase, but it truly is a scent that takes us back to Epcot and invokes a lot of great memories.

I look forward to hearing about your favorites!

Mickey's Pal
04-06-2007, 10:56 PM
Awwwww... Just one??? Okay I guess it'd have to be my oversized Mickey Mouse watch (with the cartoon band). I got it for about $55 at the World of Disney Store and I LOVE wearing it. It's like taking a bit of the magic with me everywhere I go. I just can't wait for someone to ask me what time it is, so I can look at that darn watch! :D I've had it for two years and it still brings a smile to my face!

FUN POST!!! :thumbsup:

PS. If I could pick two items, I'd add my Mickey Mouse pants mug. It makes EVERYTHING taste better! :mickey:

PirateStitch
04-06-2007, 11:33 PM
Its so hard to narrow it down. I'm an a Stitch pin collector....But, I honestly have to say my favorite purchase from Walt Disney World so far is my Big Stitch Statue ! Everyday I walk by it on my counter it brings a smile to my face... It can literally brighten my mood on those bad days!!!! Brings some magic to my home..... I value every purchase from Disney bc every thing I buy is Stitch related.....

:stitch2: :stitch: :simba: :figment: :dumbo: :sulley:

goofiecrazy
04-06-2007, 11:38 PM
Iwould say anything with my beloved Goofy on it, but it would be my black back pack with Goofy on it that I got in MK years ago.I use that for alot of things as well as when we go to the world..

JMTStone
04-07-2007, 12:27 AM
The year AK opened, I purchased a Tree of Life statue. I've been looking for a replacement (wasn't high enough to keep the toddler's fingers away).....

Disneyfun
04-07-2007, 12:33 AM
Well, I am assuming that food is out, as I absolutely love the frozen orange juice treats at Sunshine Tree Terrace!

As far as take home souvigners, it would have to be my Cinderella's Castle Photo Frame! It is our tradition of sorts to buy a frame where ever we go so that we can put a picture of us on vacation! My second favorite would be the Castle Frame from Disneyland!

Disneyfun
04-07-2007, 12:45 AM
On a secondary note, you can order anything you have seen in the parks over the phone when you get home by calling the merchandise hotline which is on every receipt! So your bamboo incense is only a phone call away!

Kairi_7378
04-07-2007, 12:49 AM
We were in the World for our 5 year wedding anniversary (to take the honeymoon we never got to take.) My husband bought me a snow globe of Cinderella's Castle that plays "A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes." It made him cry when he played it, so he bought it! We've had a lot of dreams over the past years, including making this trip. I think for sentimental reasons, that is my favorite park purchase. :cloud9:

TinkRocks
04-07-2007, 01:03 AM
A few years ago, I had bought my parents a monorail magnet. When you press a button, you hear 3 monorail sayings - Please stand clear of the doors / por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas / Please hold onto the handrails.

Everytime we walk past the refrigerator, we can't resist pressing the button...

terri.m
04-07-2007, 02:04 AM
I'd say the pail with the popcorn in it. Whenever I make popcorn at home i eat it out of the pail. The day we got it had so many happy memories so i think about them when using it.:mickey:

AliceinDisney
04-07-2007, 10:56 AM
An Alice doll my mom bought me at Tinkerbelle's Treasures-Then Tinkerbelle's Toyshoppe. Its by Effanbee and she has sleepy eyes and her dress is so perfect she even has lace on her pinafore and sky blue ribbon in her hair. I used to sleep with her even though shes a collector doll. Now she's in a case. Same for a Snow White Effabee doll thats from a shop that used to exist in Adventureland that carried collectables and toys I've had her since I was five. So now its a tradition each time I go to Disney to get a doll of some kind.

Hayden's Dad
04-07-2007, 11:11 AM
My wife bought me a mickey mouse statue that is dressed like a black belt in karate. At the time I had recently started karate and when she gave it to me when we got home it made me realize how much faith she had in me that I would get my black belt. Incidentley I am now a 2nd degree black belt and still going strong.

Soul_Power
04-07-2007, 03:06 PM
My wife bought me a mickey mouse statue that is dressed like a black belt in karate. At the time I had recently started karate and when she gave it to me when we got home it made me realize how much faith she had in me that I would get my black belt. Incidentley I am now a 2nd degree black belt and still going strong.

What a great gift! I can't wait until my trip!! :mickey:

magicofdisney
04-07-2007, 03:15 PM
Awwwww... Just one??? Okay I guess it'd have to be my oversized Mickey Mouse watch (with the cartoon band). I got it for about $55 at the World of Disney Store and I LOVE wearing it. It's like taking a bit of the magic with me everywhere I go. I just can't wait for someone to ask me what time it is, so I can look at that darn watch! :D I've had it for two years and it still brings a smile to my face!

FUN POST!!! :thumbsup:

PS. If I could pick two items, I'd add my Mickey Mouse pants mug. It makes EVERYTHING taste better! :mickey:
I got a Mickey watch last year that I LOVE also. It has to be one of my all time favorite souvenirs. :mickey:

Donald A
04-07-2007, 03:45 PM
The pictures in the 3D frames of my wife and I on both Splash Mountain and The Tower of Terror.

I guess my Donald Duck Hockey Jersey is a close second. My wife hates it though. I wore it to a few AHL hockey games in Cleveland. I had like little kids waving at me. The jersey is loud (bright yellow and blue) but it has my name on the back (Donald). The only piece of clothing she hates more is my Larry the Cable Guy button-up shirt.

comicguy
04-07-2007, 05:57 PM
For me it is my Snow White bank that I got last August. It helps me save money for the next trip.

I had been looking for some nice Snow White items at WDW(there are not many of her) but when I found it in the MK, I shouted to my wife across the store and said "I finally got a piece of Snow White" you should have seen the looks that I got from that comment!:blush: Of couse, I realized what I said after I finished saying it!

caryrae
04-07-2007, 06:20 PM
We usaually just get t-shirts and caps but one thing we did get which is my favorite is, my wife and I got watches from the watch store on Main Street USA one year for our Anniversary.

slt21
04-07-2007, 07:12 PM
One of my favorites isn't "Disney" at all, but I love it. It's a silver ring from the ring carver at Ft. Wilderness that has my college's cheer carved into it (I got in when I was a high school sophomore, but I've always known where I'd go to college at). I bought it a couple years ago, and I could count on one hand the number of days I haven't worn it. I absolutely love it.

I also have a Ft. Wilderness throw that I use all the time during the winter. Very warm and very comfy - I use it on road trips when I'm riding in the passenger seat and take a nap.

tinksmom02
04-07-2007, 08:40 PM
My favorite Disney souvenier is my collage frame. Every time I walk past it, I smile and remember our good memories. Incidentally, I didn't purchase it in Disney--I passed it up in WOD AND in Fulton's because I was afraid it wouldn't make it home in one piece. About two weeks after we got home, I broke down and called WDW merchandising to order it!

My favorite purchase that I made for my DD4was her pick a pearl from Japan. She enjoyed the experience so much, and the necklace is really quite pretty--I've actually borrowed it from her a couple of times!

Mickey's Pal
04-07-2007, 09:21 PM
I'd say the pail with the popcorn in it. Whenever I make popcorn at home i eat it out of the pail. The day we got it had so many happy memories so i think about them when using it.:mickey:

ME TOO!!! I have two of them and we take them to the movie theatre every time we go and divide up the big bucket o popcorn (and then run to get a fresh refill). :thumbsup:

A few years ago, I had bought my parents a monorail magnet. When you press a button, you hear 3 monorail sayings - Please stand clear of the doors / por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas / Please hold onto the handrails.

I WANT ONE OF THESE!!! SOUNDS COOL!!! :mickey: Someone IM me if you know if these might be available to purchase somewhere.

Marilyn Michetti
04-08-2007, 10:39 AM
My favorite would be the commerative pins we bought at the Studios on Dec. 5, 2001 - Walt's 100th birthday. We stood in line for two hours to boy two each.

That same day, we all got Birthday hats to celebrate. They were free, but I count it as one of my favorite things.:mickey:

rustyc
04-08-2007, 03:36 PM
Our favorite is an original cell, with matching watch, framed. We bought in in 2001, then bought a different one when we were there in 2006, beginning a 5 year collection, for each trip there, at the Main Street Jewelers.

BelleandtheBeast
04-08-2007, 05:24 PM
My Tinkerbell fashion doll, she is still in her box in mint condition. Love it.

angedeaile
04-08-2007, 05:42 PM
Wow..that is a TOUGH question!

My favorite is a mickey ankel bracelet my lil brother helped pick out at the gift shop outside of POC. I haven't worn it since the trip, but it hangs on a shelf right beside my bed.

Every morning I get to see it and remember the wonderful memories of my trip.

Disney Maniac
04-08-2007, 08:35 PM

Could someone please tell if WDW still sells that and if they do were could I get one???!!! It would be a cool piece of Disney Magic to have in my own home!!! Thanks for any help!!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-08-2007, 10:43 PM
My 3 year old daughter picked out a beautiful Cinderella watch for me when we were in AK our last trip.
I get lots of compliments on it and reminds me of our trip each time I look at it.
Taylor will be picking out my new one in September too :mickey:

Lauraubie
04-08-2007, 11:14 PM
Mine would be a Mickey Mouse unbrella I purchased at Disney Paris... its so cute... its black with a wooden handle, when you open it the top is Mickey's face and two ears pop up. I paid waaaay too much for it because I didn't know how to convert francs to dollar...

My husband won't walk with me when I use it :mickey:

Here we go again...
04-09-2007, 12:19 AM

You don't know how lucky you are to have one of these. I have been searching forever for one. I can't even find one on Ebay!

My favorite gift is my castle snow globe that my DH bought for me. I love it and it reminds me how lucky that I am to have him... my own Prince Charming.

My favorite purchase would have to be any of the mugs. Every morning I get my coffee and think about Disney World. It is kinda cool to have that thought every single day.
Life is good.

edwards2301
04-09-2007, 10:00 AM
I too would love to find that magnet!!!
My favorite purchase would be the bag I carry to school with me everyday. I am a teacher so every morning and every evening I am carrying my Mickey Mouse bag and I just tell myself to pretend I am there and it makes it all better:mickey: I would love to buy one of the sweaters in the Norway shop. But I don't know if I can afford $200-300 for one.

Bear Lee
04-09-2007, 11:39 AM
We have a really nice snow globe collection. Also, as another poster said, we too enjoy the colorful Disney picture frames.

But right now I have a new favorite. I bought it at a shop across from Alladin's Carpet ride. It's an Indiana Jones type hat. I have an outside job and this hat really helps keep the sun off my face.

Also, it's nice to take a little Disney with you to work every day.

Bear Lee
04-09-2007, 11:49 AM
My husband won't walk with me when I use it :mickey:

:funny: hehehe. Thanks for the laugh.

Niecyboo
04-09-2007, 02:41 PM
I'd have to say my favorite purchase is my Disney bag as well. It's a big, blue bag with a Mickey on it and I use it for everything. Whenever we take a road trip of anywhere from a day to a 10 day trip to Disney, I pack it with all my essentials. It's been to San Fransisco with my as my carry on bag, and it will be carried on the plane to Disney in just two weeks! I bought it in 2000, and it doesn't even look old. It has held up incredibly.

Gotta Love Eeyore
04-09-2007, 04:26 PM
DS's favorite is his Goofy ears hat. He loved having Goofy pull the ears/hat down over his face at LTT. :pirate:

DD's favorite was her TinkerBell PDA. Unfortunately, it broke and sshe is already planning on trying to find another on our next trip.:princess:

Great post!

prttynpnk
04-11-2007, 03:14 PM
This is maybe not so Mousey, but I love my Mr Potatohead- he's dressed like Mary Poppins right now.
I also love my pearl earrings from Japan!

KAT1811
04-14-2007, 09:43 AM
Our family's favorite has to be the first snow globe we bought for our collection. It has a ton of Disney characters on it! We'll be getting new one this year!!!

DNS
04-15-2007, 02:07 PM
By far, my cuckoo clock from the German pavilion.

Christine
04-15-2007, 03:14 PM
My favorites: a tie between

1) my "I Love Mickey" change purse I got on my last trip and

2) my Evil Queen oven mitts and apron from my October/Nov 2006 trip.

cetacean01
04-15-2007, 03:36 PM
My Snow White Lithograph that was autographed by Adrianna Caselotti - the voice of snow white. Bought it in 1997 on my first trip when I was 20.

Bethis26fan
04-15-2007, 06:10 PM
My fave is the chip & dale plush that have mickey santa hats on. I saw it in one of the stores at the MK but someone had picked up the last one so I didn't think I was going to get it. When I went to get my MVMCP pin they had them so I got my pin and chip and dale. Even though it's chistmas it stays out all year. :santa:

LizLovesDiz
04-17-2007, 11:41 AM
On our trip back in Oct.I finally bought a beautiful pair of silk pjs in Japan !!!

Nance
04-17-2007, 01:25 PM
I can't make a choice.

As for a souvernir I bought at WDW last October, I think, it's the WDCS of Figment and Dreamfinder :blush: :figment:

And for DLP it will be my Thumper backpack:bambi: . This was the first thing I bought back in 1992 :thumbsup:

Mickey91
04-19-2007, 11:12 PM
My favorite purchase has to be a Crystal Mickey bell we bought in Germany in 1996.

crazeedizneefinatic
04-19-2007, 11:50 PM
Okay, technically this counts as one since it is a set. Every year under our Christmas tree we recreate WDW. We have the Monorail, Castle, Haunted Mansion, Spaceship Earth, Dumbo ride, Tea Cups ride, Tree of Life and Space Mountain. Each ride is activated when the Monorail passes. Each attraction has sound and movement. The Haunted Mansion says "Welcome foolish mortals"! We cannot wait to put the display up every year. We spend hours "playing" with them and setting everything up just right. We bought them a few years back and they are no longer made. It is something we hope to pass onto our son once he gets married, that's if I can part with them!

Okay I am cheating, another favorite was the set of keys from POC ride, the ones the dog holds in his mouth at the end. We bought them on our honeymoon in 1995.

Okay, I will shut up now;)

Jenemmy
04-20-2007, 08:47 AM

Oooooo --- how long ago was that?? I have a kiddo who just earned his orange belt and we were just talking yesterday about him sticking with it through black belt. I would LOVE to get him one of those! Congrats on being a 2nd degree black belt -- I have such an appreciation for what that takes after watching a few rounds of testing for the lower belts!!

pook@wdw
04-21-2007, 05:53 PM
My DH bought me a bronze "partners" statue for mother's day and I actually like it more than anything else we've ever gotten from WDW. We also have the small marble coasters from "Leave a Legacy" w/my in-laws photos on it. Something I will always treasure!:cloud9:

dolphinmickey9170
04-21-2007, 08:15 PM
I know you said narrow it down to one, but I truly have two that hold equal places in my heart.

First, a Mickey and Minnie wedding frame that holds our Polynesian Resort - Wishes! Wedding photo. July 13, 2006

Second, a "2000" snow globe...4 parks, one world.

Maybe when we go in 13 days (celebrating my DDs sweet 16th) we will have to come up with another "favorite".

glenpreece
04-21-2007, 08:46 PM
My Ariel character sketch is one of my fav purchases. So is the throw blanket my pins are on. It's the one in the stores you canbuy when you spend $50. It has the park icons and mickey on it. It is true WDW to me.